i30 Owners Club

Red LED Interior

Thumper · 17 · 7767

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Had some spare LED's laying about (36mm LED festoon bulbs and High Power flank firing 168 wedge LED's) though I put them in to see what Red and Blue would look like.

Hmm, will get some blue LED's later and try them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Worth a try but think blue would look great!

Rgds,

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tk421

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• i30 SR Petrol Manual - Melbourne Australia
hmm... reminds me of the old planes i used to fly. only problem was that anything red on maps (restricted/military airspace, hazards, or anything really important) disappears.  ;)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
While I had the camera out, thought I'd take a picture inside, showing the LED's. (They are bright, even during the middle of the day)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

• Hyundai i30 CRDi '07 100,000km
omg, you are joking right? you are getting that much light from what looks like 3 leds??? wow...you should start making a modifier's manual thumper..i dont think i am willing to pay the $120US for the led unit from http://www.koreanautoimports.com any more...daym! hopefully you get some shots with the blue led's..wouldnt white leds appear brighter? the pee yellow lights are really ugly esp in a new car now!

Offline Mullet

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah
Looks like you got a cylon in ya car thumper

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "link_1111"
omg, you are joking right? you are getting that much light from what looks like 3 leds???

No joke, yes, only three LED's.

These ones sit in the map reading lights. (Slight mod needed to get them to point directly down) Only US$8.99 each

This one sits in the central roof light. Only US$8.99 also.

I have experimented with higher powered versions of these LED's, but found them to be TOO bright!  :lol:

Give this eBay user a go. No issues with them, fast posting, quality items.  8-)

Offline KKOM

• 2nd Gear

• gr Greece
      Heraklion
Hi again !!!
1.Can you describe how to open the lights (it is easy???)
2.What about the dimmer ? With the led it works?....
3.Can you make a photo and measure th length of all th lamps you replace with leds to check somewhere else too except V-LED?
I am thinking to replace the front position bulbs and the plate number too

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

hey!

i recently bought some LED light bars from ebay and i just realised that the lights did not include the conversion kits for different light globes and the seller is now removed from ebay >< ie in thumper's pic of it doesn't include the connectors in the back...now i have 3 lots of led light bars without convertors >< is there any way to somehow hardwire them to the connections without soldering? or does any one know if there is some way of buying the convertors (if you have run into a similar prob before)

Thanks all

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "KKOM"
Hi again !!!
1.Can you describe how to open the lights (it is easy???)
2.What about the dimmer ? With the led it works?....
3.Can you make a photo and measure th length of all th lamps you replace with leds to check somewhere else too except V-LED?
I am thinking to replace the front position bulbs and the plate number too

1) When I get back home, I'll do a write-up on how I got them to fit, with pictures. (Will not be back until early next week, currently on the road right now)

2) Works well with the dimmer. (The soft off light dimming when the lights go off)

3) Sure, like #1, I'll do this when I get back home.  8-)

Quote from: "link_1111"
hey!

i recently bought some LED light bars from ebay and i just realised that the lights did not include the conversion kits for different light globes and the seller is now removed from ebay >< ie in thumper's pic of it doesn't include the connectors in the back...now i have 3 lots of led light bars without convertors >< is there any way to somehow hardwire them to the connections without soldering? or does any one know if there is some way of buying the convertors (if you have run into a similar prob before)

Thanks all

One of two things, either purchase the same LED's from V-LED's on eBay, that I linked to (They are still around) thus having spares, or, you will have to make up directly connected wires to the socket. (Or grab an old blown bulb and wire directly to it.)

Offline Waja

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

awesome! thanks thumper. I went out to jaycar and bought some from there (ended up being $89.95 ><) but they do the job! thanks for the tips, i was considering the blown bulb idea but that wouldnt really work for the map reading ones (waaay to hard!) but thanks thumper!

Offline YOSOYPEPO

• 3rd Gear

• es Spain
      Spain

• Spanish i30 driver
    • http://www.i30.es
look my 16 leds white panel at back lamp and blue 5w front leds

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
YOSOYPEPO... they look good (Like your signature as well)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline YOSOYPEPO

• 3rd Gear

• es Spain
      Spain

• Spanish i30 driver
    • http://www.i30.es
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
YOSOYPEPO... they look good (Like your signature as well)
Thanks !!!

Offline myi30

• 1st Gear
can someone show me how to remove the cabin light bulb?

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Ditto. I don't know how to get into it, and I'm still scared of breaking things.

Offline karhung

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Caroline Springs

U will jus need to stick a small flathead screw driver in there (were it clip is) and try to push it out. Its just stuck coz its on its side so it cant fall out like the map light, plates light etc as they are facing down...Just dont use to much force and maybe use a cloth on the side of the screw driver so u dont damage anything..  I just did it before to see want bulb size it is!!! btw is a 31mm dome light if ur wondering.  :P

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal