i30 Owners Club

Diesel Fuel Pressure

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That's ridiculous, if they fitted a fuel pump under warranty, then this complaint that you have, has still NOT been repaired, so whatever it takes, it's a warranty job, no argument, IMO.  :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:Shocked: got my i30 back today it is the same as before it went in to get repaired blowing heaps off black smoke  :-[ they now saying  that it is the injector that are blocked which i have to pay for up to $900 each :fum: :fum:

Not good enough  :fum: .. What can we do to help folks   :question: :question:

My first suggestion would be to ask for the dealer principal at the servicing dealer and he is not helpful (or indeed available) Contact Hyundai Australia directly.. (keep a record of all your correspondence)

Also refer them to this thread, by all means ..

Which dealer are you having this trouble with ..? someone might know of a better dealer nearby  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

lindlake
it is hyundai aus that will not pay for the injectors he said that i must have got dirty fuel so it my fault :fum: :blubber:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

it is hyundai aus that will not pay for the injectors he said that i must have got dirty fuel so it my fault :fum: :blubber:

Is the dealer telling you that or Hyundai direct??

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If we look at the history of your complaint we've had cracked filter housing, fuel pump & rail replaced, jammed #3 injector and now dirty fuel. This is absolute rubbish. Clearly they haven't got a clue what is wrong.

How do you get dirty fuel, that's what the fuel filter is for! Is there a way to have your fuel tested. If it is clean, then Hyundai should be made aware and have their arses kicked for making unfounded assumptions.

My feeling is that they figure they have spent enough on this vehicle.  :disapp:

Offline angus

• 1st Gear
Hi Guys, I have had enough of dealing with hyundai service center after my cars faults.
They replaced the fuel filter assembly to fix an air leak, replaced fuel rail and tubes and injector pump to fix no rev over 3000RPM issue ( suspected low fuel pressure ) This condition has existed since 13K and until last fortnight had not been remedied. Now my car has 18K on the clock. The last thing i was told was it was not a warranty issue now as they found algae and all sorts of gunk in my tank. I allowed them to rectify this and my car runs as if it is new again. my invoice report does not specify a tank clean but states i was charged for a new fuel filter,on car injector service and throttle body clean. It also recommends that i use a fuel treatment for the next few months to prevent any more problems. this had cost me $716.
now i am very paranoid about what was actually wrong with my car and what they actually did to fix it.
So i doubt that i will ever fully trust any service place , hyundai or other, after what i have had to go through recently.
So it is no surprise to me that they have told you it is your fault for getting a contaminated tank of diesel because it seems an easy way for them to put the blame on something else rather than claim responsibility for a warranty fix that will give them no end of trouble before they can fix it in a timely manner. They will inspect the fuel system entirely and solve your problem and you will be none the wiser. Plus they will extract money out of you for your added pleasure!!
hope you can get your car fixed soon mate.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Which brings us full circle to the 1st post, these cars should have a glass bowl filter.  :whistler:

angus

I agree with your post, I hope your car is running ok now.  :neutral:

Offline angus

• 1st Gear
Yes Thanks 847563, my car is running as good as the day i bought it brand new and i hope it continues to do so. Knock on wood :undecided:

lindlake
i called up hyundai aus today same answer i have to pay to get the injectors fixed  the car will not start again like before it just turn over and over no smoke just will not start so i will have to pull out the injector on sat and take in on mon to get check out i will have to pay for that

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i called up hyundai aus today same answer i have to pay to get the injectors fixed  the car will not start again like before it just turn over and over no smoke just will not start so i will have to pull out the injector on sat and take in on mon to get check out i will have to pay for that

A very sorry state of affairs .. :disapp:

I wonder weather any members who are near you have a good mechanic contact who can take a look .. If you have to pay maybe an independent can fix it a lot cheaper  :idea:

Edit: I assume you still live in Lang Lang Victoria (so good they named it twice)  :winker:

lindlake
i had to do the same  with my hilux 4 years ago toyota said that i had water in my fuel $8000 to fix i said stuff that and got the car tow home i pull the fuel pump off and found a part in side the fuel pump jammed up i free it up car started up no worry i saved my self $8000 i brough a new part later for $ 300 so yes i can fix the car my self but i do not want to lose my warranty that has two years left

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Very sad that is the result.  :blubber:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i had to do the same  with my hilux 4 years ago toyota said that i had water in my fuel $8000 to fix i said stuff that and got the car tow home i pull the fuel pump off and found a part in side the fuel pump jammed up i free it up car started up no worry i saved my self $8000 i brough a new part later for $ 300 so yes i can fix the car my self but i do not want to lose my warranty that has two years left

It is certainly a tricky one.. It is not a common occurence for our members so you have been really unlucky.. Sounds like your local garages have "issues" with their fuel  :disapp:

lindlake
i took the injectors into a shop to day they are stuffed  looks like its going to cost up to $500 each to fix  :eek: no warranty because thay say dirty fuel ????? i get my fuel from work for free we use 1500 lt of fuel a day so it new and we change fuel filters on my dredge everey 1000 hours because the fuel is so clean

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

i took the injectors into a shop to day they are stuffed  looks like its going to cost up to $500 each to fix  :eek: no warranty because thay say dirty fuel ????? i get my fuel from work for free we use 1500 lt of fuel a day so it new and we change fuel filters on my dredge everey 1000 hours because the fuel is so clean

That makes it even trickier in some ways  :confused:

Instroe
How is dirty fuel going to bugger up all of your injectors - they are just electro - mechanical valves.. You have a fuel filter between the tank and the injectors designed to remove solids? They are playing games with you.\
PS - Be very wary about what you post on any site regarding your source of fuel.

lindlake
ok i just got the phone with a fuel injector shop they said the injectors are faulty not from bad fuel or water  so hyundai will have to pay for new ones

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
AND SO THEY SHOULD !  :wtf:

lindlake
yes they should but it has cost me $300 so far for test they still say it water in the fuel trying to get out of paying for the injectors :twisted:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

yes they should but it has cost me $300 so far for test they still say it water in the fuel trying to get out of paying for the injectors :twisted:

If they agree and replace them FOC under warranty you should have a good case to claim back the cost of the tests and possibly some compensation for your time and trouble (small claims court maybe? - if they don't at least agree to cover the cost of the tests...)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
 :whsaid:

If you don't ask, you don't get. You have a strong case for "adequate compensation" to cover your costs
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

lindlake
just got phone call from hyundai they are going to replace under warranty :happydance:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

just got phone call from hyundai they are going to replace under warranty :happydance:

So those strings "we" pulled worked then   :winker: :happydance:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If only  :winker:

lindlake
ok last update i hope we  pick up the  i30 on sat morn all fixed so nick said at hyundai no smoke and starts first time i hope no car for over 5 weeks  :wtf: :censored:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Can you get a report of what was wrong and how they fixed it. I'd be interested to know whether the fuel tank was drained & flushed.  :neutral:

lindlake
no they never look at the tank but i check it myself before it went to hyundis it is easy you just lift up the middle back seat undo some screws there is the tank 8 bolts to take out the sender unit two hose and you can see the hole inside of the tank  :goodjob2: hyundai replace all the injectors  that what was wrong  not the fuel pump

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
But initially, they insisted you had bad fuel, so how do they explain that BS statement. If you had accepted that "explanation" you would have been substantially out of pocket. They should be sued for that IMO.  :disapp:

lindlake
looks like i will have to take the i30 back to hyunda every time we stop it dies it will not idle i have turn off the key then it will start and idle but next time we stop it dies again

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal