Niro Tailgate Release Is a G Spot - Difficult to Find

AlanHo · 6 · 3060

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
My wife and I both find it slightly difficult to find the exact spot on the tailgate opener to press, for it to release the lock. It is a quite small button in the release pad to find with your finger.  The following mod may well apply to Hyundai tailgates - I can't remember what my i30's were like.

In order to stop management tutting about it I have made it much easier.

I have attached to the release pad two small cupboard door plastic buffers using double backed foam tape. It is now easy to find and operate. Job done.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You're a practical thinking man, Alan. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Might be a simple fix for Lesters issue. Quite the coincidence! !  :crazy2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
On my motorised garage door we have an external wireless keypad to open the door if a remote is not to hand.

The key pad was a plastic membrane under which are tiny micro switches for each number and entry "button"

Libby has long finger nails - so long people often think they are false ones - and I can tell you from experience they are bloody sharp (no crude stuff pleeeeeze  :rofl:)

After a couple of months the membrane was cut though and it was a problem using it. She denies to this day it was her finger nails.

A new remote was quoted at £78 and I was not able to find a compatible cheaper one anywhere. Bloody Germans.

So I created an image of the membrane using photoshop and coloured it to match the original - I then reversed the image so that the printing would be on the inside and printed it using my laser printer onto some laser transparency film.

This was then cut to shape and after peeling off the remnants of the original one was attached to the keypad body with double backed tape. 2 years later it is still going strong. If it fails again I still have the image file safely stored on my computer.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
On my motorised garage door we have an external wireless keypad to open the door if a remote is not to hand.

The key pad was a plastic membrane under which are tiny micro switches for each number and entry "button"

Libby has long finger nails - so long people often think they are false ones - and I can tell you from experience they are bloody sharp (no crude stuff pleeeeeze  :rofl:)

After a couple of months the membrane was cut though and it was a problem using it. She denies to this day it was her finger nails.

A new remote was quoted at £78 and I was not able to find a compatible cheaper one anywhere. Bloody Germans.

So I created an image of the membrane using photoshop and coloured it to match the original - I then reversed the image so that the printing would be on the inside and printed it using my laser printer onto some laser transparency film.

This was then cut to shape and after peeling off the remnants of the original one was attached to the keypad body with double backed tape. 2 years later it is still going strong. If it fails again I still have the image file safely stored on my computer.

Who's a clever sod then!

That printable clear film is handy  I use it for security window stickers and jam jar labels and stuff.  Love our laser printer.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
My wife and I both find it slightly difficult to find the exact spot on the tailgate opener to press, for it to release the lock. It is a quite small button in the release pad to find with your finger.  The following mod may well apply to Hyundai tailgates - I can't remember what my i30's were like.

In order to stop management tutting about it I have made it much easier.

I have attached to the release pad two small cupboard door plastic buffers using double backed foam tape. It is now easy to find and operate. Job done.

Nice one Al 👍
Powered release is aot smaller than the manual version.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal