i30 Owners Club

Blue is not a lucky colour for me

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Parked at Palmyra Woolworths for 7 minutes, and I return to a deep key scratch along the rear panel to the bumper. I fortunately have Blackvue DR 750 dashcam with front and rear cameras fitted. I now have footage of this lowlife swapping his keys in his hands prior to walking past the car, the scraping is recorded on audio as he walks past the car, and rear camera captures him putting the keys back in his pocket, and walking to his fancy Range Rover. I have his rego number, and picture what should I do. Off to the police

• 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

• Adelaide Hills and beyond
I just saw your post on FB, and boy I'd be pissed as all hell about it, too.

All the best in hunting that mutt down for recompense.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch Petrol 2.0lt Manual Go Platinum Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What an arsehole to have done that :disapp: great you got it all on cam Scott, let that prick get his just deserves  :spitty:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jeepers Scott! That's awful. Don't understand why someone would even want to do that.

Are you and Scott friends on FB? I couldn't see it on our FB page?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

Jeepers Scott! That's awful. Don't understand why someone would even want to do that.

Uh nope, wouldn't know Scott even if I tripped over him on the street.

I just checked and his post is still there :goodjob:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Parked at Palmyra Woolworths for 7 minutes, and I return to a deep key scratch along the rear panel to the bumper. I fortunately have Blackvue DR 750 dashcam with front and rear cameras fitted. I now have footage of this lowlife swapping his keys in his hands prior to walking past the car, the scraping is recorded on audio as he walks past the car, and rear camera captures him putting the keys back in his pocket, and walking to his fancy Range Rover. I have his rego number, and picture what should I do. Off to the police

Oh, I can't wait to hear your report back if you have the whole deal on footage. What's the chances he just happened to be parked in view of your film crew. I hope you nail him and the scumbag  ends up with what he deserves :spitty:
Bring back the firing squads

:link: Italian FiringSquad.wmv - YouTube

Or a good stoning

:link: Monty Python's Life of Brian (stoning) - YouTube
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Uh nope, wouldn't know Scott even if I tripped over him on the street.

I just checked and his post is still there :goodjob:

O.I.C. It's on the "other" i30 Owner's Club FB not ours...  :evil:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1714306355302222/

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Good luck getting the plod to do something about this. I would find some 1 percenters, pay them whatever and give them the rego number of the Rotten Rover and the photo of the scum driving it to be "apprehended". You have better chances...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 23:31:42 by Hati »
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

@Dazzler

Oh I see now, my aplolgies, I got the i30 pages mixed up :head_butt:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Dazzler

Oh I see now, my aplolgies, I got the i30 pages mixed up :head_butt:

No Problems mate. I forgot the whole world doesn't revolve around us (me)  :snigger: :crazy1:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Insurance should be happy to repair with the proof   :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
I will take footage on USB stick to our trusty Police force, although not expecting them to do much.  :whistler:

It is willful damage to my property, and Youi insurance company may want to hunt him down with base ball bats.  :head_knock:

There were a few good ideas from the other side, Darryl's favorite FB i30 owners page, about uploading the footage onto Dashcam Australia website to shame him too.  :evil:

Just really pissed off, missus reckons i should get rid of the car  :crazy2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't get rid of it!  :Pout:

That "other" Aussie club FB site seems pretty active. I haven't got a problem with that.  I'm more focused on this forum anyway than our FB page.  :goodjob:

I do feel really bad for you Scott. I'd be a lot more upset about that than my two no fault prangs which obviously weren't intentional. I'm not nasty or vindictive usually but I'd get a lot of satisfaction out of slashing the bastards tyres!  :evil:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Shouldn't be a problem

Footage/audio of the offence, rego of car.

Might need a search warrant to get the clothing he wore on the day (saying someone is the person on footage is 'opinion' evidence) but shouldn't have too much issue.

If it is a rich dude, he will probably want to pay his way out.

Only problem arises is if old mate borrowed the car, and his mate won't dog him in.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
 I have reported it to Police, but not allowed to say any more in case it jeopardizes their investigation.  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How about showing us the video then.. that's not saying anything!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
How about showing us the video then.. that's not saying anything!       

Police were quite insistent about not uploading any footage to public forums especially be aware of that Dazzler dude he's trouble   :rofl:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How about showing us the video then.. that's not saying anything!       

Police were quite insistent about not uploading any footage to public forums especially be aware of that Dazzler dude he's trouble   :rofl:

I'll have you know I'm a legend in my own lunchtime. I like being infamous...  :happydance: :mrgreen:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Car back from Panel repairers today, not a bad job at all but an expensive scratch at over $2K as the bumper had to be resprayed as well.  :Shocked:
Police are still investigating (whatever that means) and my insurance company have all but given up as in the too hard basket with WA police generally not very forthcoming with personal info due to privacy laws.

So I have paid my excess yet again for no fault incident  :crazy1: and my insurance goes up

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry to hear that Scott. Not the result any of us hoped for!  :disapp:

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

Sorry to hear that Scott. Not the result any of us hoped for!  :disapp:
Seconded. Bullshit result, and the perp gets away with it and will likely keep doing it to other people's property. :fum:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
💩, keep harassing Police and your case manager at insurance co., especially your manager.
If they have the proof and details of the FWit and THEY can't proceed,  why should you be penalised. 90 phone calls at 1 minute each could pay dividends. 
Don't take no for an answer,  fight for your rights.
 Sik'em Rex  !!!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
💩, keep harassing Police and your case manager at insurance co., especially your manager.
If they have the proof and details of the FWit and THEY can't proceed,  why should you be penalised. 90 phone calls at 1 minute each could pay dividends. 
 Sik'em Rex  !!!
Good advert. I have been passed around 3 claims assessors so far, and the first was let's hunt this bugger down, second was should be able to get my excess back to last one " unlikely to get any info out of WA police as they redact personal info and. Can take months or years" so basically not worth our while pursuing this.
I have been hassling the police every few days and they are apparently seeking additional footage from carpark cameras, but they are too busy and short staffed. Without additional footage, the evidence is circumstantial just audio of him keying car. He can always deny it, but it depended on how the cops approach him. I want him named and shamed if they do nothing. 

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 Sik'em Rex  !!!
Good advert. I have been passed around 3 claims assessors so far, and the first was let's hunt this bugger down, second was should be able to get my excess back to last one " unlikely to get any info out of WA police as they redact personal info and. Can take months or years" so basically not worth our while pursuing this.
I have been hassling the police every few days and they are apparently seeking additional footage from carpark cameras, but they are too busy and short staffed. Without additional footage, the evidence is circumstantial just audio of him keying car. He can always deny it, but it depended on how the cops approach him. I want him named and shamed if they do nothing.
OMBUDSMAN  !

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Update from Police after incident 3 months ago

Good evening Crusty

I email you to advise that I have just interviewed the suspect regarding the scratch to your vehicle.

The gentleman could not recall the incident and denied any knowledge of scratching yours or any other persons vehicle.

He was rather taken aback at the suggestion that he could commit such an act but could not rule out that he may accidentally done it without knowing.

Without an admission and clear footage proving intent, unfortunately we are unable to proceed with prosecution.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact myself.

Best Regards,

The b*stard gets away with causing malicious damage. The dashcam catches him swapping keys in his hand just before walking past the side of the car, audio of the scratch is circumstantial evidence, and then putting keys in his pocket on rear dash cam. The TAB car park camera was wrong side of my car, repairs over $2K, and me to pay excess, so yes Im pissed off :evil:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

You have every right to be pi$$ed off. I would still have steam coming out of my ears if that same scenario happened to me.

I had a much lesser version of the same thing happen to me recently. Won't go into the long story but think mine was just done with a finger nail and 90 % of it polished out.  :sweating:

I now park away from where the incident happened.  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Very disappointing outcome Scott :disapp: with any luck the insurance company may still perform their own investigation yet as Allianz did for me when the cops didn’t want to know about my accident.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:31:41 by CraigB »

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Very disappointing outcome Scott  with any luck the insurance company may still perform there own investigation yet as Allianz did for me when the cops didn’t want to know about my accident.

Unfortunately my Youi claims assessor doesn't think it is worth the hassle as WA police are the least cooperative for providing information due to privacy laws.
I will ask the police to provide suspect details to Youi, and also what implications for me posting videos on FB and dashcam sites. eg Can I be sued for deformation etc? I cant believe that he can get away with it, and want to shame him.

To be honest, if the police knocked on my door asking about an incident and where I was 3 months ago, I would not remember

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal