i30 Owners Club

Drivers Seat Belt

EpOcH · 6 · 2123

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Yesteday after going and filling up with fuel i went and vacuumed the floors in the car at the service station so i could put the floor mats down on a nice clean floor.

On getting back into the car ive had the drivers seatbelt *jam* in the retracted position after a number of gentle movements, i.e 5-10 it eventually freed and i was able to get the seatbelt on.

Thinking this was a once off occurance, i went about my merry way. The wife took the car out later and didnt complain of any issues and later that night when putting the car in the drive it was all ok.

However this morning the belt is *stuck* again after she has dropped one of the little ones off at school :(

Ive asked her to ring the local dealership and inform them she cant drive the car with no seatbelt and how would they like to proceed.

Will post updates as they are avail.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sounds like the problem I had last year with the NSR belt. Turned out the pretensioner had failed, meaning we could only feed the belt out very very slowly. It was replaced under warranty very quickly, seeing as it was a failed safety feature.

Good luck. It will be sorted
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Wife has driven it to the dealership which was essentially on the way home from where she was.

Theyre going to look at it today and dropped her off home (with the youngin in her booster seat) which is about a 5min drive from the dealer in a nice Hyundai Granduer which she did say she liked, sunroof and all :D.

It was still not functioning when she got it there so they got to see the issue which is better than it not occuring when you get there :D

As youve suggested Shambles it sounds like the pretensioner is playing up, should hopefully be replaced today if parts are available.

Offline EpOcH

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Seatbelt replaced from a new vehicle since parts were not available 8)

Excellent service.  :mrgreen:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Result! :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS