Ozzy Tyres

Guest · 23 · 8993

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Anyone had dealings with this mob?  :undecided:

http://www.ozzytyres.com.au/store/

Their prices seem to be pretty good and they include free delivery....... :goodjob:
You'd need to weigh up the fact that you'd have to get someone to fit and balance them and your local tyre service might be a little miffed that you didn't purchase the tyres from them.

Click on the appropriate wheel diameter for a list of tyres (with prices) they stock which are suitable for the i30:

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Hey Rusty,,,,, prices are good and the testimonials cover a wide field of people and requirements.   :happydance:

Pity that their wheels only start at 17" for the i30....

Savings should offset any "agro" from the local guy...after all a fit and balance is still a job and these days you have to take whatever comes..If the local guy does the right thing by you, re fitting, then you will be back for your alignment etc, .... its all about PR !!!    :D

Yesterday I priced some Perelli P6 at Jax   $145 F & B .....  $105  supply only on Ozzy!!  So at say $20 a fit and balance  your still ahead.

Lets have some other comment!!

Good call Rusty.. :goodjob2:
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Certainly good prices  :Shocked: with free delivery (amazing) but I have two mates in the tyre game (One here in Devonport and the other in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast... :winker: ) Not good for them  :blubber:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
As I understand it the wheels and tyres are delivered balanced and ready to bolt on, so no problems with that. After you fit them, you can have an alignment done anywhere you choose, and they will be none the wiser.

Good news for me, is that my mechanic can fit and balance tyres, so should I choose to buy tyres online in the future it won't be an issue.

In general, I can see no reason why a percentage of tyre sales will not be online, it is the same with everything else. Tyre dealers will still have access to fleet, and those not inclined to purchase online. If they are smart, they still can make a buck on the fit and alignment for online sales, which is a luxury the local dress shop does not have.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 22:35:10 by surferdude »
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good point Beerman .. Guess it was only a matter of time...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Dazz

That friend in Caloundra is / or wants to be basically retired, so this is a good excuse.  :whistler:

beerman

I assume you mean wheel & tyre purchases. Most buyers will just want tyres.  :)
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:lol:  Good point phil... :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dazz

That friend in Caloundra is / or wants to be basically retired, so this is a good excuse.  :whistler:

beerman

I assume you mean wheel & tyre purchases. Most buyers will just want tyres.  :)

True, but at the end of the day, if the Tyre shops won't fit them, someone will take your money to do it and they'll miss out all together as old mate with a wheel aligner and wheel fitter and balancer won't need the flash retail space to ply his trade  (as I said, my mechanic has the wheel fitter and balancer set up in the corner of his garage).

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
My tyre supplier charges for tyre disposal too. I wish I had a mechanic like yours.  :confused:

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Some few weeks back Rusty asked about Ozzy Tyres.

I checked out the site and sent them some feed back and today received this notification of a "special offer"... :happydance:

I thought that if anyone has some spare Ca$h, left over after Christmas, they might find a bargain on the site.

Here is the text of the offer...:

END Of YEAR SALE IS NOW ON! SAVE 40% ON EVERYTHING...

Team Ozzy!

Due to popular demand the 40% off sale is BACK!!!

If you missed out on the last sale well here is your time to shine..

Ozzy Tyres are already the cheapest wheel and tyre online retailer in Australia by offering 30% off recommended retail prices.

We will give you a further 10% off for the next 7 days to celebrate the new year!!

MAKING THAT A TOTAL OF 40% OFF ALL WHEELS AND TYRES...

Plus we will give you a limited edition TURBO platinum VIP edition keyring valued at $49

Please TYPE the word 'NYE' to redeem the discount and free gift via our ONLINE STORE.

DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Jesse is the contact...jesse@ozzytyres.com.au

Hope this may be of help to someone....  Cheers

Elle B
  • 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Thanks for letting us know, Tony....

Cheers  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Tony.. I might do some price comparisons (have 40,000 up now in the Hybrid)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
If you are buying anything on the web, consider what redress you have if there's a problem.
Alloy wheels can sometimes have a porosity problem resulting in a slow leak.
What if there is a vibration when you fit the wheels, or the car starts pulling?
Who pays if you have to freight the item back? How much more disruption will be caused whilst you wait for a resolution?

I'm not saying don't buy from the web. I'm just suggesting that you analyse what it is you are buying and think about what can go wrong with that item. Then ask yourself how difficult it will be to resolve. Then put a value on the option of having someone local who you can go back to and talk face to face with if you have any concerns or issues.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm having a really good run touch wood with price and delivery times and service from stuff off the web BUT like you say it can be a pain if something fails .. I've got a nano 16GB thumb drive which is now playing up (it would have been a lot easier if it had been bought locally)

Also bought Trish a garden bridge as part of her Xmas present and the first one ws sub standard so I was told to pack it back up and send it back at their expense... The replacement wasn't much better and i couldn't bestuffed sending back another so we decided to live with it. They did send us a $20 gift voucher as compensation but would have been easier if purchased locally.. :fum:

I have probably bought one thing a fortnight off the internet in the last 12 months (90% have been perfectly fine) :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
^^^
I agree with what you say mostly Dazz.
It's just, with bigger items, especially for cars, the problems can be magnified.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

^^^
I agree with what you say mostly Dazz.
It's just, with bigger items, especially for cars, the problems can be magnified.

They would want to be really cheap because I wouldn't enjoy negotiating on a fitting and balancing price and then if anything is wrong the fitter is going to blame the tyre  :disapp:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a few times in the past I've cash and carried tyres,but once they were fitted and balanced by another store my saving was gone.  :disapp: a tyre in a tyre store consists of the tyre price,old tyre disposal,tubeless valve, tyre fitting and balancing. if you buy the tyre and save $15,then go down the road to another tyre fitter to fit that tyre,your saving is pretty much gone.  :winker:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Unless your mechanic can fit tyres...... :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I agree with surferdude & 2i30s

All looks really good, until there is a problem. The only way I'd be interested on this would be with a lifetime guarantee, free shipping, no questions asked return policy.

I think Surferdude would agree that with these 3 requirements, it would not be viable for any business to agree to.  :neutral:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
but not many of us are that lucky. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

All looks really good, until there is a problem. The only way I'd be interested on this would be with a lifetime guarantee, free shipping, no questions asked return policy.

I think Surferdude would agree that with these 3 requirements, it would not be viable for any business to agree to.  :neutral:

If you have a receipt you are entitled to any warranty the manufacturer offers. This is avaliable to you no matter where you are in the country, and where you bought the tyres. Any fitting problems would be the responsibility of the fitter (for tyres). Of all the things you can buy on the net, I would think tyres would be fairly low risk.

I have bought a few things online, all have been much cheaper than elsewhere and all have been delivered much quicker than the time it would have taken me to get motivated to go out and buy them.

But the savings would need to be quite large for the inconvenience of dragging 4 tyres around having them fitted etc.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

If you have a receipt you are entitled to any warranty the manufacturer offers. This is avaliable to you no matter where you are in the country, and where you bought the tyres. Any fitting problems would be the responsibility of the fitter (for tyres). Of all the things you can buy on the net, I would think tyres would be fairly low risk.

That's not totally true beerman. There are issues with parallel imports and most manufacturers these days are very strict about enforcing it. Historically, within certain parameters the law is on their side -as it should be IMO. People are bringing in branded tyres from other markets which are not made to Australian standards.
One classic case a few years back had an importer bringing in Indonesian made tyres branded and named the same as one fitted OE on Fords. But the speed rating and load ratings were lower and the tread pattern was totally different - so different it looked for all the world like a light truck tyre pattern. You can imagine what that did to the ride characteristics and legality of the vehicles fitted with it.
But my main concern with this whole thing was that the purchase is usually a set of wheels and tyres which arrive fitted up and balanced. So it's only a matter of bolting them on yourself.
All of which is fine provided their are no shakes, pulling or slow leaks. The issue then is who's at fault? Tyre manufacturer is going to want proof it's not a balance issue. So we're back to my original comment. Consider what it will cost in dollars and time to resolve the issue in your favour.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal