i30 Owners Club

iPhone 6.Whatever and Bluetooth Issues

mjt57 · 9 · 4036

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
Since upgrading my iPhone to iOS 6.something, the Bluetooth feature has problems auto pairing when I get in the car. I've since applied a more recent update. Problem is now sporadic.

Apple suggest that the firmware in the "head unit" may need upgrading as per this article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4483

Who's had this done, or is an upgrade available to begin with?

And can one do it oneself or does one need to pay an arm and a leg to the local dealer to get it done?
  • 2014 Hyndai ix35 Highlander TD/2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Exactly which version of IOS is it?

The latest compatibility chart (Dec 2012) claims the following versions work perfectly with the FD:

• iPhone4: IOS6.0 (10A403)
  • iPhone 4S: IOS6.0 (10A403)
  • iPhone 5: IOS6.0 (10A405)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
And can one do it oneself or does one need to pay an arm and a leg to the local dealer to get it done?

Would this be included during the service check to ensure the car has the latest software.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Headunit firmware can be updated yourself but Hyundai will not honour botched up installs, FW updates are free and can be performed by your dealer at any point in time.

Map updates are chargeable and also performed by the dealer (although can be done yourself)

Follow the instructions at the following link to find out your firmware version and to download the latest update to 7.1.2, although it is unclear what this (or any other update) actually does......Hyundai are very slow at telling us what the updates do and in some territories you may even find that the dealer doesn't even know the update exists!

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-HyundaiEMEA-Site/en_GB/-/-/View-Promo?Page=SupportPage5

I updated my i40 and my friends ix35 with v6.8.e a while back (enabling traffic updates and better Bluetooth compatibility) and have seen no need as of yet to further update either system......
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria

Map updates are chargeable and also performed by the dealer (although can be done yourself)

I was enquiring about bluetooth updates for the radio, not map ones.

Anyway, I couldn't get it to operate with the iPhone this morning. It may be an app issue. I was trying to play a podcast through a dedicated podcasts app. I'll ask the developer about this, see if there are any issues. But currently, issues that I do have include no auto pairing.

Oh, I'm running an iPhone 4S with iOS version 6.1 which was released on 29th Jan 2013. It all worked fine under iOS Ver.5.x. It was after upgrading (and I use the term "upgrade" loosely here) to iOS 6 and later that the bluetooth problems with the i30's radio started.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Apologies for the confusion, I assumed (wrongly) that you were speaking about the touchscreen unit and not the standard one :-[

Have not heard of anybody getting an update on their standard units :undecided:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline vatazhka

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
My colleague tools me that iOS 6 upgrade broke Bluetooth for him (Not with i30, though.). It may be worth checking Apple's knowledge base if they have one, perhaps it can be somehow solved by tinkering with iOS settings...
  • i30 CW 2011 (1.6 L I4 Gamma / 6-speed manual)

Offline mjt57

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Country Victoria
My colleague tools me that iOS 6 upgrade broke Bluetooth for him (Not with i30, though.). It may be worth checking Apple's knowledge base if they have one, perhaps it can be somehow solved by tinkering with iOS settings...
Apple's "knowledge" base tells me to get an update from the radio manufacturer. As for settings iOS has bugger all user settings for stuff like this. It's either turned on or it's turned off.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
It's either turned on or it's turned off.
Ah, yes, digital technology.  :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal