i30 Owners Club

Strange Noise

lvarella · 89 · 26025

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :eek: :eek: contact Hyundai, Korea head office,they may help with the situation.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :-[  not good at all  :'(
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
I already sent an e-mail to Hyundai Korea, but no response yet.

I left my car in another Dealer again, suggested by Hyundai Caoa, they heard the noise and will investigate the problem, here we go again.

I brought I new car and with 5900kms it's older than my previous with 20.000km that never had to fix his engine, it's really frustrating.

:'(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi again Ivarella...

Overall the i30 has terrific Owner satifaction results and a relatively low failure rate .. but I know that doesn't help you.. :'(

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Hi again Ivarella...

Overall the i30 has terrific Owner satifaction results and a relatively low failure rate .. but I know that doesn't help you.. :'(

That's not happening here in Brazil, everyday when I open the Brazil i30 Forum, someone has a problem and today another got the same problem I have after his first service.

It's becoming frustrating and Hyundai will pay the price for that when the magazines start to publish all these problems. Hyundai in the past abandoned Brazil and let everyone unhappy and now Hyundai is trying to come back, but with all these problems it's not gonna happen the way they would like.

This month, i30 sold 1/3 of what it's sell every month and that's because in every Auto Forum, people are complaining about i30.

I'm really sad, because I had hope in Hyundai to change our market here, but I think I'll come back to VW where I had never had a problem like that, I loved my VW Polo and miss it because it never got a problem in 3 years and i30 with 3 months a have engine problem.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
everyday when I open the Brazil i30 Forum, someone has a problem and today another got the same problem I have after his first service.

Can you give a brief list of what the problems are just to see whether anyone on here is experiencing them.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
everyday when I open the Brazil i30 Forum, someone has a problem and today another got the same problem I have after his first service.

Can you give a brief list of what the problems are just to see whether anyone on here is experiencing them.

Sure.

- Suspension Problem
- Engine Failure ( Shows that picture in the Panel)
- Engine Noise after 1st service
- Gear Box ( 2 already have to change it)

And there are the problems with the Dealers.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry Ivarella but can you remind me where yours is Manufactured (It has to be a manufacturing issue because the i30 uses good components like Bosch etc...) :-[

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Sorry Ivarella but can you remind me where yours is Manufactured (It has to be a manufacturing issue because the i30 uses good components like Bosch etc...) :-[

What I know is that they are coming directly from Korea. There is some clue in the car that I can look at?

The dealer called a few minutes ago and said the problem is solved, like I heard many times before. I really hope it's fine now, but I am starting to believe in Santa Claus too.

He said the problem was in the spark plugs, it was causing the noise. Should I believe that? That noise in my video can be caused by Spark Plugs?

Pip
You described the noise as "tec-tec-tec" but the video sounded more like a dry bearing noise to me. Tappets sounded like a good bet as they make a ticking noise like a sewing machine. Perhaps it is something like a bearing in the alternator or timing belt tensioner. Either of these may have been loaded by a belt retension during the service. It will be very interesting to get the final diagnosis but I can't link a spark plug to the noise at all. :rolleyes:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well if they say they've "solved" the problem, you'll soon find out :)

(click to show/hide)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
You described the noise as "tec-tec-tec" but the video sounded more like a dry bearing noise to me. Tappets sounded like a good bet as they make a ticking noise like a sewing machine. Perhaps it is something like a bearing in the alternator or timing belt tensioner. Either of these may have been loaded by a belt retension during the service. It will be very interesting to get the final diagnosis but I can't link a spark plug to the noise at all. :rolleyes:

I don't believe too and I am preparing myself to get disappointed one more time with Hyundai Dealers.

Well if they say they've "solved" the problem, you'll soon find out :)

(click to show/hide)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Fiery Red 2019 Premium!
    • Mutley Productions
Did you get it sorted this time mate? I just read through this thread and it makes me sad and annoyed about what you've had to go through :'( :'(

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
As expected the noise is still there and nothing has changed.

I gave them a last chance to fix my car, I want someone from Hyundai Korea, an i30 expert , the dealer just know how to change oil and that's it.

If they don't fix my car, I'll go to the newspapers, magazines and publish everything and sue them. I am tired to being treated like trash by them.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unfortunately that's how things work here.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Ivarella .. that is Crazy (especially if your car comes from Korea like the Aussie ones do  :eek:) Failure/problem rate over here very low compared to other brands...

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
Have they tried changing the oil to a different one at all?

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Hi Ivarella .. that is Crazy (especially if your car comes from Korea like the Aussie ones do  :eek:) Failure/problem rate over here very low compared to other brands...

That´s crazy, I love the car, the noise doesn´t seem to be causing trouble to the car for now, that´s my impression, but every time I turn it on, it makes me crazy.
The noise is not normal and for sure it will bring me problem in the near future.

They told me they are using the Oil recommended by Hyundai and that the oil is fine.

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions
What viscosity is the oil they are using?

The noise certainly does sound strange!

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
but what brand of oil is it.?

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
im thinking that also.  :idea:

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Oh God.....another i30 with the same problem. We are thinking to get all together and go complain in Hyundai Building here. That's an absurd.

Hyundai will not be happy if we accomplish this.

im thinking that also.  :idea:

One of the cars with the problem tried 3 types of different oils and none of them worked.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
none of them worked.  :eek:

Offline Mutley

• 4th Gear
  • Woof!

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Mutley Productions

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
Hyundai took a look at our i30 forum here and heard the noise in the video I've posted, after that they called me and said that the noise is really strange and something is not right.  :D

He is scheduling a date next week that a mechanic can go at my home and make the diagnostic before I take the car to the Dealer.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'll bet you're not crossing your fingers or holding your breath, all this fuss you've had to put up with...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe our forum will end up helping you a bit  :D (about time!!!)

Offline BAD

• 1st Gear
I understand why Ivarella is upset with the i30, but for a car model that exist here for less than 2 yrs, numbers are I bit different than what he wrote. We have a car magazine called 4 RODAS that uses a car for 60k kilometers and than takes it apart. i30 after the 60k was with no problem and they said that it was far the best car they disassemble (ed.612 dec2010).
Even more: on a public query the same magazine brings the i30 as second place with 99,6 in the medium size hatches, loosing the first place for the Focus with 100.7 because of part prices (Focus comes from Argentina, next door and i30 from Korea). The market ranking puts i30 as the 22nd model car sold during last month, more than Civic(28th),  C3, Fit and others. I have a i30 for 1 yr now and never had any problem but as I said I understand that shit happens and I would like to know what happen to his car and if Hyundai solve his problem.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks bad.. it is great to hear some positive feedback from your country  :mrgreen:

There is no doubt in my mind (and that of most of our members I am sure) that the i30 is a well designed and well made car with far better than average reliability and an excellent warranty. There will always be the odd lemon in every brand unfortunately.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal