i30 Owners Club

gettin the 2.0L diesel engine

Offline mattyallatti3013

• 2nd Gear
  • matty

• au Australia
      padstow
dose any no how and where to import the 2.0L diesel engine i would like to swap to it

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Matty, i can't tell you that, but i could be possible the 1.6 & 2.0 share some components.
there is 24 cubic inch difference, shared between 4 cylinders so each cylinder is 6 cubic inch larger on the 2.0. possible they share the same block. if they do would make things simpler. if they use different blocks would be too much trouble. would probably be easier to import a 2.0 CRDi model.
but Matty problem is you could spend a whole lot of money, but you would not have any idea what the car is going to be like to drive till its finished. then you might not think it was worth it. if you can test drive a 2.0, you would get a better idea.
best starting point would be a car wrecker than imports Hyundai.
myself i'm thinking you could fit Nitriouse oxcide or LPG injection. i think the LPG would be easiest to find a fitter  that does diesel.
good luck.

Offline mattyallatti3013

• 2nd Gear
  • matty

• au Australia
      padstow
thanks yer i would like to import the 2.0L turbo diesel engine and wiring harness but i dont now where to get it at   

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Matty, you might also need new clutch & possibly flywheel. hopefully the gearbox you have mates up.
could work out expencive if its new from Hyundai.
but could possibly find a car dismantler oversea's. ask our UK members.

Offline Funky

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Absolutely None of the engine/transmission/engine management/immobiliser components are shared. The 2.0D is the old D4 engine as fitted to the Santa Fe/Tucson/Trajet/Elantra/Sonata

The 1.6 is the newer U engine.

In my opinion it would not at all be cost effective to retrofit the larger engine. It would be much simpler to chip the 1.6 or perhaps import a complete 2.0 vehicle, assuming that you are permitted by local regulations to do that.

Xamaxy
Are you allowed to import 2.0l CRDi?

Wouldnt be simple chiptuning + bigger turbine be enough to get you around 170hp? Its cheaper for sure, even if you throw in new clutch and few things like that.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Are you allowed to import 2.0l CRDi?

Wouldnt be simple chiptuning + bigger turbine be enough to get you around 170hp? Its cheaper for sure, even if you throw in new clutch and few things like that.
Upgrading the turbine would result in the need to change the flywheel/ clutch/gearbox, have enquired about this myself, drive a 115bhp 1.6 crdi, remapped*chipped* eventualy to roughly 140bhp, then fiddle the turbine
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Rec01L

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands NSW
Upgrading the turbine would result in the need to change the flywheel/ clutch/gearbox, have enquired about this myself, drive a 115bhp 1.6 crdi, remapped*chipped* eventualy to roughly 140bhp, then fiddle the turbine

Why would you need to replace the flywheel?? If it got the point where you'd need to change the clutch it would be easier to get excedy or another clutch company to make you a heavier duty clutch with a higher clamp rated clutch plate.

170bhp made me smile :) Funny people

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've just found a written off iLoad Crdi ... picked up the 2.5 CRDi motor transmission etc.. for loose change ..

125kw / 392nm of torque..  :whistler: Now that should get Trish's CW moving ...  :sleeping:

Oh sorry.. did I say that out loud.. only dreaming but nice idea  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mattyallatti3013

• 2nd Gear
  • matty

• au Australia
      padstow
will the 2.5 crdi iload engine drop straight in 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
will the 2.5 crdi iload engine drop straight in

I doubt it .. Ignore my post it was a "load" of bull  :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mattyallatti3013

• 2nd Gear
  • matty

• au Australia
      padstow
Yer I no
If any won no's if it would I would love to try it the i30 would be a bullet

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal