i30 Owners Club

Spare tyre

wobblefry · 35 · 10231

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
I don't know y they ever put them in new cars tbh when there is room 4 a proper 1

There isn't enough depth in the FD boot well for a full size spare wheel which is ~ 80mm wider than the space saver wheel.. 

The Premium model with a 17" spare wheel has a false floor fitted to increase the well depth  by 100mm which also raises the boot floor height by the same amount.  The parts needed for the false floor cost over £300.

NB. The 205/55 x 16 wheel is ~ 20mm less wide than the 225/45 x 17

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I don't know y they ever put them in new cars tbh when there is room 4 a proper 1

There isn't enough depth in the FD boot well for a full size spare wheel which is ~ 80mm wider than the space saver wheel.. 

The Premium model with a 17" spare wheel has a false floor fitted to increase the well depth  by 100mm which also raises the boot floor height by the same amount.  The parts needed for the false floor cost over £300.

There is in our FDs.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Have ya bought one yet and for how much and where ???    :victory: :victory:

Offline wobblefry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      staffs
Not yet been looking on ebay but mite go looking at scrap yards aswell
  • hyundi i30

Offline baroudeur

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom

There is in our FDs.

The difference between European build and Korean build.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal