i30 Owners Club

Rear Number Plate Light Fitting

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Hey guys

I had an accident a few months back where I reversed into a tree (outlined elsewhere on the board). Part of the damage was that it knocked the bulb and plastic cover out of the light fitting above the rear number plate. I brought some new bulbs a few weeks ago (they are the same as the sidelights on my partners Micra and she needed a new one as well) but I discovered that the holder for the bulb was mashed up itself and will need replacing. Additionally, the plastic cover disappeared at the time, so I will need to replace that. It isn't a major issue and has no impact on driving the car, however it is an MOT failure here in the UK, so I need to get it sorted at some point (not due until September but I'd like to get it out of the way). Unfortunately I don't have a picture at the moment, but I will try and add one tonight when I get home.

I've done some searching on the internet, and I found these on Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deltalip-License-Plate-Light-Infiniti/dp/B01E3FQ50Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484835208&sr=1-1&keywords=i30). However, I'm not sure these would fit (I just searched for i30), plus these are LED and I'm not sure how to go about wiring them. Not to mention being a little pricey for what I hope would be a simple solution.

Does anyone know what the correct name for these parts would be, or a potentially cheaper option for replacement? My car is a 2009 FD Special Edition.

Cheers.

Mark

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Mark, can't answer that question, but you could try a couple of wreckers/breakers yards...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Try scrap yard first as you can actually see before you buy or they may even have an i30 in.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
If don't remember if this was same part for hatch and wagon, but somehow I have a distant memory they use same part in both. I got mine from: :link: Auto Part Item View : 925012L100 (92501-2L100) LAMP ASSY-LICENSE PLATE for HYUNDAI/KIA i30
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline marabak

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Liverpool
Cheers guys. I rang a few breakers yards a while back but no-one had an i30 in. I assume it needs to be an FD model to fit, or is it the same on the newer models as well? I will retry ringing and see if they have any new stock in.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal