i30 Owners Club

ACT meet - BBQ @ Cotter

Thumper · 108 · 25597

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Weather is perfect. Not a cloud in the sky, slight breeze, slightly coldish, but should warm up.

BBQ is still on.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Time wise, roughly 25-35 mins, depending on how you drive, and if you get stuck at the odd traffic light.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Cool, I will be there. Should arrive just after 11.00am :biggrin:

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Hope you guys are having a good day. It's incredibly good weather here in Suburban Sydney, so I hope the weather is staying fine there.

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Guys,
Not long back from the cotter. We had good weather and a good little get together.
Thumper took some pictures of our i30's. There were only three, Thumpers, Cameroneys and mine, but it still looked nice to see them all lined up together. Bikejockey was also present at the meet but has'nt picked up his car as yet :'(
Thumper will post some more details and photos shortly, but it was a good day and successful outing. :biggrin:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Guys,
Not long back from the cotter. We had good weather and a good little get together.
Thumper took some pictures of our i30's. There were only three, Thumpers, Cameroneys and mine, but it still looked nice to see them all lined up together. Bikejockey was also present at the meet but has'nt picked up his car as yet :'(
Thumper will post some more details and photos shortly, but it was a good day and successful outing. :biggrin:

We are all envious of your little get together.. I think the biggest meeting up to this time for the club was only two members!

Eyma, you will be quite the celebrity on our site now with two lots of pictures....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks Dazz,
I think I was able to keep my ugly head out of the pics this time :lol:

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Lol.
I can't wait 'til I get mine!
Not to steal the thunder from your meet, but maybe we should start organising a New Year get-together now, in the Blue Mountains - following up from Whitbomb's thread earlier... for as many NewSouthWelshmen as possible. 5+ people is the target... with snags and steaks of course.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Just arrived back home after a near perfect day for a BBQ.  :razz:

Three i30's showed (Myself, EymaTeapot and camerooney) and Bikejockey with partner.

So we had three different colours, Crystal White - Continental Silver - Steel Grey.

Nice BBQ was had by all, and it was good to catch up, chat about our i30's, and show others who haven't acquired one, yet!  :P (Come on, Bikejockey, you know you want one!)  :mrgreen:

Now, pictures. Please excuse the quality, my digital SLR decided it was now the perfect time to scramble the SD memory card. Hence, I had to resort to plan B, the video camera. All shots where taken with it, grabbing each still frame, reducing the size by 50%, then posting up here.

Offline Rubix

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I like your alloy's, Teapot.
Btw - should post these pics in their own thread in the new Pic'ies part of the forum

(Edit: Oh, you already did put 2 of them there)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks Rubix,
I notice you have my car among others appear on your avatar. I see this as a great compliment :biggrin:
Just to add another interesting side note. There were two other car club meets happening at the Cotter river today. There was the Ford GT owners club with about 8 beautifully presented GT falcons. My kids thought they were cool. There also appeared to be a Toyota Supra owners meet with about a dozen vehicles represented. Our little gathering probably appeared pretty dismal by comparison, but hey, we are growing as a club and next time we will have a bigger gathering.
One topic of conversation between our happy Little group was to propose a Canberra/Sydney meet. I know Thumper suggested this a while back, but our member base has increased considerable, so it may well be worth floating this idea again. Mittagong or Bowral were two suggested locations.
So what do you think Sydney?

PS...All of us present were also considering a trip to the blue mountain meet if it happens.
PPS...I might post this subject under a fresh thread as well

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
It was a lovely day, and well worth the 3hr drive down
:)

BBQ was great, and it was wonderful to meet Eyma, Thumper and Bikejockey (and ofcourse Eyma's kids and Thumper/Bikejockey's partners)
 :biggrin:

We did discuss another meet between the Sydney members + Canberra members.
Not really sure on location at the moment, but perhaps we should start another thread?

I'm up for it.
:P

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
It was a great day guys, very nice to meet everyone.

Yeah, you're right thumper - I gotta get one!  :lol:
  • i30 cw SX CRDI manual, Surly LHT

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia
It was a great day guys, very nice to meet everyone.

Yeah, you're right thumper - I gotta get one!  :lol:

Will you re-order in the new year bikejockey?

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Yep, unless I do it before Xmas  :lol:

I'd like to see the CW tho'...

Offline camerooney

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      South Coast NSW

• NSW Australia

Yep, unless I do it before Xmas  :lol:

:lol:

The wagon looks ok in photos.
But the hatch looks better
:P

Offline bikejockey

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Actually I think you're right about the hatch. Got a photo yesterday of the CW and Hatch side-by-side just showing their rear ends. I think the hatch looks better.

Do I need the extra space - nah!
Do I need to spend the extram money - nah!

I still might wait 'till the new yeart though.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal