i30 Owners Club

Temora Aviation Museum (possible meet)

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
G'day all

Is anyone located near or will be travelling to the Temora Aviation Museum over the Easter long weekend?

Regards

Daniel

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Damn, not at Easter, but Im hoping to get there for one of their demonstration weekends during the year!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
Easter Long weekend is a demo weekend.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also it's their first for this year after cancelling 2 earlier weekends due to the tragic accident involving Tom Moon (R.I.P) I don't know yet what will also be visiting, but they're promising a big weekend. So there's a good chance everything will be flown and a number of visitors also.

Regards

Daniel

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria
Yeah, pity I'm already booked for easter, sounds good!

Offline whitbomb07

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle, Australia
One year on (pretty much) thought I'd give this another go.

Is anyone with an interest in i30s and/or aircraft interested in a meet at the Temora Aviation Mueseum?

The next flying day is the weekend of the 10-11th of April and I am almost definitely attending.

For those that don't know Temora is a lovely little town 85km north of Wagga and 200km (driving distance) north west of Canberra and is home to an amazing collection of 'warbirds' that have served both Australia and it's neighbours throughout the last 70-80 years.

They have an extensive collection and also host visitors on their flying weekends. As yet (and probably won't be confirmed until the very end of March/start of April) no visitors are confirmed. Previous visitors have included multiple aircraft from the Air Force and helicopters from the Navy. Also private groups including the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS, larger aircraft: Connie, Dakota, Catalina, Neptune) joy flight compaines (various) and personal warbird owners (again a wide variety)

For anyone keen to stay the night, be it before, during or after the Temora flying days, I stay at Junee which is pretty much halfway between Temora and Wagga. But this is because I'm also a bit of a train spotter.

Regards

Daniel

Offline IMCRZY

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Wollongong

• Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Sounds like a great idea just the wrong weekend.....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal