i30 Owners Club

FD Wagon boot liner (Australia)

jwhjwb · 3 · 3094

Offline jwhjwb

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Redbank, Qld
I need help/advice re sourcing a lipped & fitted boot/rear compartment liner for a i30 FD 6/2011 build WAGON somewhere in Australia and or sourced from overseas.   Have searched the i30 owners website to the best of my ability + E.bay and etc.   My wagon has a fitted metal mesh cargo barrier floor to roof which I would like to retain but it may not allow a fitted liner to go completely up to back of rear seats.
Local Hyundai Dealer (Big Dealership) has none in stock, quoted $147.65, payment in advance and will order from Korea, no guarantee re fit and no refund.
My search indicates that Leisure Shack or Roof Box Co both England, may have suitable items but may not fit properly re the existing cargo barrier and may not post to Australia.
Have noted that one owner listed that a suitable rubber sheeting was obtained from Clark Rubber & the owner cut & shaped it to fit.  I can easily do this as a last resort but it will not be lipped.   Also would consider a general purpose lipped one from Supercheap that can be adapted.
My quest is not super-urgent but have posted this as I am sure that other owners have researched this problem successfully or unsuccessfully and can proffer their suggestions/advice.
Have noted that an Australian Coy, called I think, the Boot-liner Co which has a roll-up flat liner & bootlip/bumper protector.   Any advice from an owner who has one would also be appreciated as a last resort solution.   Thanks to all, jwhjwb.
  • MY 11 FD CW Wagon 2.0L petrol Silver

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You could try a wreckers yard too. Maybe sime is wrecking one that has a boot mat. I know it's a long shot.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal