i30 Owners Club

Clock and Radio settings

Offline Yehuda Berman

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
I just bought a used 2014 Hyundai i30 hatchback and I'm having trouble setting the radio volume and clock setting (to 24 hours rather than 12 hours) so that I don't have to set them again every time I start the car.  The Hyundai service station didn't know. Can anyone help me?
  • Hyundai i30 hatchback 2014

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi and welcome :) there are many different units used between countries, is it possible for you to place some pictures of your unit and settings so that someone maybe able to provide help.

Offline Yehuda Berman

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
OK - I'll try to take a picture and post it but it won't be for a while, but thanks for the advice.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No problem, there are a few other members from Israel so hopefully they might pick up on your problem and be able to help out.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome:

If the settings aren't holding, either there is s confirm or set button you are missing after the change or maybe there could be an earthing issue with the stereo so it is losing the settings like when you disconnect the battery. Although Craig's suggestion is probably the best 1st step.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Yehuda Berman

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
There is a button to change/reset the default settings (besides the temporary setting changes) but when I press it, it asks for my password.  Obviously one of the previous owners (I don't know who - I bought it from a car lot) set a password and I have no idea how to change it or override it. It won't accept any password that I put in.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's a real pain. Why would they do that! Might have to go to the dealer for a reset of the menu. You would think they'd have a way. Try and google to see if there is a way to reset the menus to factory. Probably the same procedure for all Hyundai's

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
it asks for my password.

Could it be the radio code that's being requested?

Don't believe your model would need one but you never know...

If it is a code there's possibly a way of discovering it using the serial number from the rear of the unit.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Yehuda Berman

• 1st Gear

• il Israel
The problem has finally been solved - I suddenly remembered a place that installs and repairs car radios, among other things.  I went there, they removed a chip (which I didn't know existed, in a little box under the dashboard labeled "map" and apparently meaning GPS), put in a different Hyundai i30 chip, fiddled with the settings which had reverted to default, reset them, removed the chip they had put in, put back the old chip and sent me on my way. It cost me a little over $40.  However they set the time wrong and I had to take it back to get it reset - this time they didn't touch the chip but just played with the reset buttons until it finally worked (it took half an hour).

Thank you to all who tried to help.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
So, do you have daylight saving in the Middle East?  and if so will you have to have a garage adjust the time for you bi-annually?   :blubber: :blubber: :blubber: :blubber:

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
most of the 2013-2016 cars, have a local installed media center. most have a very poor radio reception.
maybe best thing would be to replace with an Android one.
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal