i30 Owners Club

Hello from Essex, UK.

BodyBag · 11 · 3121

Offline BodyBag

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
Hello all, owner of a 57 plate i30 2.0 diesel premium that has just passed its 1st birthday. Been an interesting 1st year with loads of niggling little faults but nothing that has stopped it working  ;) , the trouble with having one of the first I suppose. The fuel economy has impressed throughout with an average of 52 mpg without nursing it.  Hopefully another 12 months of non major faults ahead (touch wood).

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Body bag,
Welcome. Pity to here you have had a few issues, for the most part going off the threads on this site, the i30 seems pretty reliable.
I have had mine 8 months and no problems touch wood :D

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Welcome essexlad, sorry, bodybag (almost rhymes so I get away with that!)

:mrgreen:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome BodyBag (Is there story behind the name?)

I've a 57 plate 1.6crdi (mid Sept 2007).

No problems to be worried about.

Like you just had 1st service.
Only replaced oil and filter, rest was inspect and lublicate catches and hinges. and cost £????
I'm told 2 year is a biggy!

You'r returning an impresive MPG for a 2l.

I'm averaging 49 - 53 MPG This mainly 90% town driving (and I thought I was getting a good return)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Quote from: "BodyBag"
Hello all, owner of a 57 plate i30 2.0 diesel premium that has just passed its 1st birthday. Been an interesting 1st year with loads of niggling little faults but nothing that has stopped it working  :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the site (Our other UK members seem to enjoy the site and are great contributors)

The i30 appears to be very well put together and extremely reliable (so what little niggles have you had then...just so we can see how the other half lives  :P )
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Welcome BodyBag ;)

Cheers
Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline BodyBag

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
The name is my old online gaming Tag and also my old airsoft nickname due to the way I could fill them. The car had and still does to a degree suffer from annoying hi frequency rattles, the interior lights vibrate and have to be reseated occasionally to shut them up and the dash where it meets the screen makes a racket when warm and requires thumping(technical i know) every once in a while. We have 2 i30's in the family, both early models and both premiums and they both suffer from the same rattles. The supplying dealer was useless but the one i used for my first service  has been really good and is doing a lot of warranty work and TSB jobs. Its annoying really as the car as a whole is really nice to drive and is really comfortable its just im a fussy bugger made worse by being a experienced motor engineer so am hearing the faintest noise.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi B-B

I would imagine the 2.0 Diesel is a bit harsher than the 1.6 (a bit more vibration at idle)?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline BodyBag

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
The other i30 we have is the 1.6 diesel auto and to be honest the 2.0 is a bit smoother, both card are rattle free when stationary and idling the rattles only appear when driving.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal