i30 Owners Club

Perth news today

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/two-charged-over-home-invasions/story-e6frg13u-1226324487162

This is so prevalent now. Because cars are becoming harder to steal the pond-dwellers commit violent burglaries to obtain the car keys to high powered cars of their choice.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Home invasion is really horrible  :blubber:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Home invasion is really horrible  :blubber:

It is. Have you had it?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Not personally, but the thought is scary enough.. Not common in Tassie (yet)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
What would be with home owners if they happen to kill anyone, who dare burst into their houses with weapons (guns, knife etc)?

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

What would be with home owners if they happen to kill anyone, who dare burst into their houses with weapons (guns, knife etc)?

We had a case her twelve or eighteen months ago with an old Italian gent and his wife who live not too far from where I live.
They experienced a home invasion (which was not their first) and they had locked themselves in their bed room because they were so afraid.
He had armed himself with a firearm and when they were broken into by two thugs he told them not to come into his bedroom because he had a gun.
They kicked the door down anyway so he shot one of them.
The offender lived and the two lowlifes were charged, but for a while there the old chap had to endure an investigation with the very real possibility that he would be charged too.
At the end of the day common sense prevailed and he wasn't charged but he has never got over it and never will.
As far as I am concerned, if they break into your home they take their chances.
The law here states that you can only use "reasonable force" to protect yourself, and of course that is open to interpretation and each case is taken on its merits.
There is a lot of talk about it on radio at the moment and one lady rang in and said she had two Rottweillers and a sign on her gate which read, "Today's burglar, tomorrow's Rottie sh1t."
Love it.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Cripes I live in a city center which I thought could be bad, but breaking into your house whilst your sat watchin yer tele is really scary   

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Cripes I live in a city center which I thought could be bad, but breaking into your house whilst your sat watchin yer tele is really scary

It is, and unfortunately all too common over here.
By the time these microbes get to court though, they will have a taxpayer-funded lawyer who will convince the magistrate that none of it was their fault but that it all stemmed from a very traumatic childhood following the untimely death of their pet canary.
Following which, they will probably be slapped over the wrist with a wet tram ticket and let out into the community to do it all again.

• Tertius the i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

What I tend to find is the city centre's are quiter than the out of town places.  You tend to get street violence rather than house breakins.

They feel that they have a better chance of not getting caught etc as the time for Police to reach them they will be off and away..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline succulant

• 4th Gear
  • Never buy a Citroën

• scotland Scotland
      Lanarkshire

It is, and unfortunately all too common over here.
By the time these microbes get to court though, they will have a taxpayer-funded lawyer who will convince the magistrate that none of it was their fault but that it all stemmed from a very traumatic childhood following the untimely death of their pet canary.
Following which, they will probably be slapped over the wrist with a wet tram ticket and let out into the community to do it all again.
I work with criminal records, you have no idea just how true your last statement is :disapp:
  • Comfort CRDI (115), Suzuki Ignis Sport, Rover Mini 30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal