i30 Owners Club

Intelligent Headlamps - Automatic light sensor

TuF · 4 · 2465

Offline TuF

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Just wondering whether any one knew how to test whether this feature is operational?

I've never noticed anything change in regards to the headlamps, but I have noticed that the passenger side headlamp beam appears to be directed a little higher than the drivers side .. that normal?

ref: http://keemamtgravatt.hyundai.com.au/Vehicles/i30/Exterior 'INTELLIGENT HEADLAMPS (PREMIUM)'
  • i30 GD Premium White

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
If you have the light switch in the auto position - the headlights will come on automatically at dusk or when you drive into a dark tunnel.

If the car is fitted with HID lights - they have an auto-levelling feature to ensure that when you have a heavy load in the boot (trunk) which lowers the rear suspension - the headlights automatically adjust to avoid dazzling other drivers.

I imagine you can check whether this is working by parking the car facing a white wall with the headlights on and boot empty. Note where the top of the beam shines. Now get a few obese friends to clamber into the boot (which will lower the rear suspension) and check that the top of the beam has stayed in position.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline TuF

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Oh ok, makes sense why I haven't seen anything yet .... haven't been carting any obese friends around just yet.
  • i30 GD Premium White

ouri30
Just wondering whether any one knew how to test whether this feature is operational?

I've never noticed anything change in regards to the headlamps, but I have noticed that the passenger side headlamp beam appears to be directed a little higher than the drivers side .. that normal?

ref: http://keemamtgravatt.hyundai.com.au/Vehicles/i30/Exterior 'INTELLIGENT HEADLAMPS (PREMIUM)'

The low beam lights are projector lamps and have a distinct upper limit to them.  The LHS is higher than the RHS (and I assume the reverse to be true in LHD vehicles) so that oncoming drivers are not dazzled by the intense beam.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal