i30 Owners Club

Door Lock

Offline trophy12

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi

Last year I had trouble with the passenger rear door not unlocking via the remote and sometimes also not by manual operation by the internal lever.

Returned to dealer and they replaced the locking actuator under warranty.

Today, now drivers side rear door is doing same.  But it can be locked and unlocked manually via internal lever. However, if lever is in open position it cannot be locked with remote and vice versa.

Back to the dealer I go tomorrow........ :'(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Unfortunately, it is one of the more common problems with various hyundai models... :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Tandr

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England, Buckinghamshire
Hi, I've got the same problem with my i30 but it's out of warranty. Dealer has quoted me £602 to fix it. Sounds excessive to me. Does anyone know how to get the door trim off without being able to open the door?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hyundai i30 Classic 2008 1600 manual

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Hi Tandr

:wttc:

I think another member had same issue, but can't recall who or if solution was posted.

Try to use the search function, you might find something usefull.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Hi, I've got the same problem with my i30 but it's out of warranty. Dealer has quoted me £602 to fix it. Sounds excessive to me. Does anyone know how to get the door trim off without being able to open the door?

Sorry I can't help, but I am so shocked at Hyundai's post warranty prices, (I was quoted £300.00 on Thursday for a simple broken door cable).

As repair advice & assistance is collated on this Forum, this Club is an increasingly valuable information commodity :)

So, if you do find a repair solution Tandr, please post the information :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Sorry I can't help, but I am so shocked at Hyundai's post warranty prices, (I was quoted £300.00 on Thursday for a simple broken door cable).

As repair advice & assistance is collated on this Forum, this Club is an increasingly valuable information commodity :)

So, if you do find a repair solution Tandr, please post the information :goodjob:

:whsaid: and  :welcum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal