i30 Owners Club

Greetings from the Great Barrier Reef!

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Hello all!

We were doing some research on the i30 and we found this forum!

We're looking to test drive a petrol and diesel i30 in the next week or so with a view to buy in 2009 (we are saving up to pay cash).

The other reason for the wait is apparently the diesel will be available with cruise control in 2009.

My only reservation is the lack of colour choice. Only 7 colours to choose from? Where are the metallic reds, yellow or green? Ford Focus electric orange would be pretty nice ;)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi Slim,

Great choice, you should have no hesitation in buying an i30, petrol or deisel. As you can see from the 200 plus member on this site, we are massive fans.
You wont have to wait till 2009 either as all i30 in production now come standard with ESP and cruise control, but exspect to wait up to 5 months for one. It will be 09 before your in it in all likelyhood. It worth the wait though.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi slimbimjimquim gosh what a mouthful  :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Quote from: "Shambles"
Hi slimbimjimquim gosh what a mouthful  :lol:

Oh dear a ManUre supporter! Hello!

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
Hi Slim,

Great choice, you should have no hesitation in buying an i30, petrol or deisel. As you can see from the 200 plus member on this site, we are massive fans.
You wont have to wait till 2009 either as all i30 in production now come standard with ESP and cruise control, but exspect to wait up to 5 months for one. It will be 09 before your in it in all likelyhood. It worth the wait though.

I see that it's not listed on the AU website yet (cruise control) so hopefully you are right!

Are there any price differences to the non-cruise versions?

I am thinking about an SX CRDi 1.6. I don't think I can justify the SLX (alloys and climate control right?)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I believe that there has been a price increase for both the sx and slx of $500. This is to cover the extra cost of ESP which is now standard accross the range.
Sorry, i migth have mis-lead you on one score, Cruise is not included on the sx at all, only the slx ,which previously didnt come on the deisel, only the petrol.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome to the forum slimbimjim

I live in the same neck of the woods as shambles the "ManUre supporter".
Your right with "ure"

I live some 40 miles to his west - Liverpool area and support the only true football team in the north west - EVERTON.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Sorry Eye,

We dont much go for that round ball stuff in this country. Although we did ok in the world cup :D
We prefer the oval ball, League, Rugby or my pick AFL, Or Aussie rules.
Go the Carlton Blues.

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Quote from: "eye30"
Welcome to the forum slimbimjim

I live in the same neck of the woods as shambles the "ManUre supporter".
Your right with "ure"

I live some 40 miles to his west - Liverpool area and support the only true football team in the north west - EVERTON.

Haha I support Liverpool!

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
I believe that there has been a price increase for both the sx and slx of $500. This is to cover the extra cost of ESP which is now standard accross the range.
Sorry, i migth have mis-lead you on one score, Cruise is not included on the sx at all, only the slx ,which previously didnt come on the deisel, only the petrol.

Just having a slow moment here but you are saying that Cruise Control is now standard on the SLX Turbo Diesel but not the SX Turbo Diesel?

Is it an option on the SX?

Offline davet

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour

• Rides: i30 crdi SLX white
I believe that CC will be standard on the SLX, factory install option on the SX.  

Hopefully will know for sure in the next couple of weeks. Price is increased by $400 (for ESP on SX, ESP+CC on SLX).  New prices are already public it seems (http://carshowroom.autotrader.com.au/forge/data_entry?tp=Prod&category=search%20results&temp_type=detail&make=Hyundai&model=i30&omni_cust=Manufacturer)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline slimbimjim

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cairns
Hi all :)

Hemmi I love your car! Have you made any mods to the engine yet?

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Quote from: "slimbimjim"
Hi all :)

No I'm not going to mod the engine, I don't even know if that's possible, my 122 hp is fine although I would like more  ;)

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
Hi slimbimjim,
There are some with Cruise already on the way!
A white SLX Diesel is due to arrive in Tas in October, and its got ESP as standard, so its a matter of contacting your local dealers to see what they have on order.
I chose the SX because I couldn't justify all the extra $, so it may still be available.

From the reports I have read, the diesel goes up hills better, has more power for overtaking, and is a better buy if you intend to do a lot of kms.

You can often get better deals on the petrol because there are more of them, diesels are scarcer, so the dealers will not bargain much.

There was a second hand private SLX diesel for sale for 25,300, had window tints, ESP, all the airbags. Think it was on carsales.com.au or drive.com.au, seemed a good deal, but it was Canberra!

I have onll driven 400km in my diesel but its a great car, so much power.

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Hi Slimbimjim!!

A warm welcome to the forum, hope you manage to find an i30 to suit you.

Cheers
Brian
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal