i30 Owners Club

Advice Please_ Animal Siren

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Some intact,  some not,  Bit of a hit or miss affair ?   :confused:  :whistler:
:snigger:
So far we have had one "definitely work".

Around here the Wallabies are more considerate than the two or three abreast cyclists  :crazy1:

Given that, I fondly remember someone talking about his car's high wattage amplifier and speaker; it kept replaying the sound of screeching tyres and then a car crash.
Cyclists would go bush, and it could hilariously panic a line of drivers who were stopped at traffic lights.

In mid 80's ,one of our country guys put PA on front of the gang truck for Sydney traffic.
You can imagine the directions that were blasted out  :rofl: :rofl:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have an ultrasonic pest repeller we've had for maybe 9 years that looks like the one below. Isn't it scary that it's easier to find an image on the net than walk down stairs and take a photo!

It seems to work really well in our garage. Before we installed it we would find mouse poo under our freezer and behind cupboards when we moved them for cleaning, but never seen any since.

Visiting kids have commented on a high pitched noise in our Garage but most adults can't hear it.  I told one of my mates they work great, but the one he got was crap. Interestingly it sends some birds a bit crazy (feathered ones) and at one stage I had to keep the garage closed as much as possible as it seemed to be attracting them in.  :crazy1: 

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I had heard that they worked well. Try to find one that attracts the un-feathered birds. Even if you dont make a fortune you will still be very happy.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I had heard that they worked well. Try to find one that attracts the un-feathered birds. Even if you dont make a fortune you will still be very happy.

You know me well.. Every time you mention a MAF sensor, I think you are talking about my Muff sensor...  :whistler:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
They're ultrasonic so cyclists won't hear anything more than the car's wind, road and engine noises. Operation kicks in at about 50kph. It might be a bit hard to measure range. :whistler:

Yes Dazz I wrote Cyril off,it wasn't hitting the roo though But the bridge I hit trying to avoid him when I hit some loose gravel from recent roadworks.
I have my cars fitted with the electronic ShuRoo's (Australian company based in Qld)work brilliantly,having said that ANY sonic repellers have their limitations,personally I don't think the cheap plastic ones work all that well,the animal has to be directly in front of you and I do not believe the range of the air flow ones as you have shown have anything like a 2 K range,I have them on my small truck(best deterrent on that is the thumping huge Bull bar)I just drive over them, The electronic ones also have their limitations and the company explains all of this on it's web site and on the instructions you receive with the unit,but I feel they work far more superior to the air flow ones,as in clear and semi clear country they do work some what effectively to the sides of the road,not only if the animals are directly in front of you.

I have Bull Bars on all my vehicles,that's the best defence,for the amount of miles I do I got sick of making insurance claims,hope this helps a Little in your decision making
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Rick, awesome! I remember the bridge now (I'm sure you do too!) :cool:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Just Rick
hope this helps a Little in your decision making
Good one squire :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal