Amazing daredevils glide between Rio skyscrapers

eye30 · 20 · 3756

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Most people like to start the day with a cup of coffee and a light breakfast.

Not wingsuit duo Jokke Sommer and Ludovic Woerth. They prefer to don their superhero-style capes and quite literally fly into the dawn skylines of a teeming metropolis like Rio de Janeiro, ducking between skyscrapers as the city’s early birds look on in amazement.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/amazing-daredevils-glides-between-rio-skyscrapers-151731904.html
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
They wouldn't have been so cocky if someone had strung a clothes line between those tower blocks :scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
They wouldn't have been so cocky if someone had strung a clothes line between those tower blocks :scared:

:rofl: :rofl:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

:rofl: :rofl:

They'd really have been hung out to dry. :goodjob: :snigger:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
What about invisible wind vortices between the buildings, no thanks, I'll stick to grid lock, Ruby & my USB.  :scared:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jeepers... :confused: I thought it was going to be a mini 9/11 reenactment there for a minute  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
well all I can say is "tosspots"
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I don't think they had time for that, Rick....  :whistler:

:rofl: keep doing cray crap like that and they'll be like all the other past daredevils,like the suit jumper a few years ago that misjudged and hit the bridge as he tried to pass close to it,died instantly
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Unfortunately if we didn't have daredevils like that, we wouldn't be driving cars, flying in aeroplanes or going into space.  Same type of people, different methods.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Life can be pretty boring if you don't do the odd dangerous thing, Rick....

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

You have to live on the edge sometimes.
I tell you, some mornings, just because I can, I even have my corn flakes without sugar.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Unfortunately if we didn't have daredevils like that, we wouldn't be driving cars, flying in aeroplanes or going into space.  Same type of people, different methods.

Jamie,agreed but there is a hugh difference between doing something in the name of sceince, discovery or experimentation to putting your own life in danger to get a film clip.

Rusty,sorry but no good getting older if you don't get any smarter,or should I say you won't get any older if you don't get smarter.

I'd love to try a lot of things,but I have got the sense to realise,if I break these days the body doesn't heal that well any more,if at all.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Sorry Rick, absolutely no difference between these people and people like Hillary (because it was there), Lindburgh, Kingsford-Smith, Scott, Fangio, Pastrana, the Wright brothers, and the Red Arrows. Yes they did film it, but the others would have too if the technology was available at the time.

These daredevils did something that nobody else has done before to prove that it could be done. Yes there were risks and they may have died, spectacularly, but you take the same risk every time you get in the car and speed towards another car with a closing speed of over 200km/h!!

I rescue people on a regular basis who are trying to expand their personal comfort level, and go unprepared into the wilderness, or misjudge a corner, or slip and break a leg, or are bitten by a snake, thrown from a horse. These people put their, and my life, at risk just because they want to do something different. Believe me, if I stuff up in the rescue it will make national news.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well said Jamie .. Being the same age as Rick and quite conservative I can also understand where he is coming from  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
There's nothing like the fear of death to make you appreciate life.....  :goodjob:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I agree with you Dazz.  The level of risk you are willing to accept decreases with experience.  However, I like to quote a person (so famous, I forgot who they were), "The day you stop living is the day you start dieing."

There's nothing like the fear of death to make you appreciate life.....  :goodjob:

As the Roman Commanders were always told after a successful battle, "Remember you are only human, and one day you will die."

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I know where Rick lives and believe me, he does live on the edge.  :lol: (of not much).
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Jamie
The day you are born , is the day you start dying and this is proven by sceince.

Rusty I have had more than my share of the fear of death experiences,also my share of watching freinds face their fear of death experiences,I have lost count at how many times in my short time on this earth and how many PPL like Jamie have had to rescue me,or scrape me off of the bitumen or cut me out of a vehicle,because I wanted to push the limits.

The pain I have put my family,wife and child through just because I wanted a thrill

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal