i30 Owners Club

Idiots!!

FatBoy · 23 · 6834

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Extremists from both sides of politics.  I despise both.

http://www.news.com.au/national/reclaim-australia-and-no-room-for-racism-rallies-clash-across-australia/story-fncynjr2-1227291081061

You are entitled to your own opinions, you aren't entitled to your own facts.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I hope this doesn't escalate into killing looting and burning of buildings!  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Not for a few years yet, Dazz.

Watch the UK and learn, it will happen. :disapp:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Not for a few years yet, Dazz.

Watch the UK and learn, it will happen. :disapp:

I was going to say i hope you are right! But only about the first bit!  :undecided:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
The killing and the terrorism has already started here Dazz,have we all forgotten the Sydney cafe already,Islamic extremism of any sort is not to be tolerated,who ever it comes from of any race,those same extremists if they wish to practice their extremism,stick em on a plane back to which ever country they are supporting.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The killing and the terrorism has already started here Dazz,have we all forgotten the Sydney cafe already,Islamic extremism of any sort is not to be tolerated,who ever it comes from of any race,those same extremists if they wish to practice their extremism,stick em on a plane back to which ever country they are supporting.

Fair call Rick.. Trish and I have always said send 'em home.  (bit hard when some of them are Aussie born and bred though!)  :undecided:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
IMO the Sydney Cafe Siege was carried out by a mentally disturbed man who just happened to be a Muslim.  The Australian people were failed at many levels by the government agencies and judicial system which allowed this person to be in Australia, and then allowed him to be on the street.

Extremism from any person, from any religion or political belief, should not be tolerated.  Remember that the KKK are a Christian organisation, as are the IRA.  Should we treat those people any differently because they are Christian?

As for sending them home, as Dazz said, it can be quite difficult if they are born here or are even Australian citizens.  If we have an Australian citizen, who doesn't hold dual citizenship, then no country will accept them if we "kick them out" for extremism or terrorism.  What happens if Dazz or myself are converted to Islam or Buddhism or Mormon, then start promoting and preaching extremist views.  Will they send me back to England (my family came to Australia searching for gold in the 1850s) or Dazz back to Italy?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Extremism from any person, from any religion or political belief, should not be tolerated.  Remember that the KKK are a Christian organisation, as are the IRA.  Should we treat those people any differently because they are Christian?

AFAIK, the KKK are not trying to change parliamentary law, unlike the muslim extremists who want to create a division in society, not be subject to the existing law an worse still, impose sharia law on the rest of us. I am not against giving people a helping hand and a homeland to live in, as long as they agree to be subject to the same law. If that's not good enough for them, give 'em a boat, compass and an oar and tell them to steer 322 Deg.

The IRA simply want their Republic back and I don't see the UK walking in and giving it to them. Having said that, I do not support the methods employed by them in the past. War begets war.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

AFAIK, the KKK are not trying to change parliamentary law, unlike the muslim extremists who want to create a division in society, not be subject to the existing law an worse still, impose sharia law on the rest of us. I am not against giving people a helping hand and a homeland to live in, as long as they agree to be subject to the same law. If that's not good enough for them, give 'em a boat, compass and an oar and tell them to steer 322 Deg.

Except for banning interracial marriages, killing homosexuals, forced Christianity, different rules for whites and colours; no the KKK don't want to change anything.

Likewise for extreme left wing. We would all be living in communes with free everything. They want to change the rules to ban everything that doesn't comply with their way of thinking.

As I said, extremists from any walk of life aren't welcome.

Sharia law IS compatible with Australian life. A little research will show this. Extremists from both sides will say that it isn't.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The KKK is a stupid outlawed collection of racist misfits, but my point is they are not lobbying the govt for change and quite correctly they should be treated with the contempt they deserve, and dealt with according to our existing laws.

My concern is purely the continuous niggling concession being granted to muslims in the name of preserving "their culture" in a country where their culture will ultimately, be devisive. By all means practice islam, but keep it to yourslves, same goes for Jehova's, Christians, Bhuddists, etc.

There are many other cultures imported into Australia, Europeans from WWII, Asians from Vietnam and given that there are good and bad in all societies, they have IMO, improved and expanded the Australian culture from the non economic TLO's and the specific English colonization. Non of these imports are creating the racial tensions that nearly all nations are experiencing. If sharia was ever adopted in Aus, that would be the ultimate racial assault on our society. We are generally a law abiding society but if certain groups don't get what, they want, they have no respect for the law and resort to weaponry, to achieve it.

Is that not how isis works. I don't want to ever see that happen here.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Sharia law IS compatible with Australian life. A little research will show this. Extremists from both sides will say that it isn't.
Can you explain that Jamie?
I can't find any research which suggests it is so.
My understanding of Sharia law is that it does not recognise the State. It wants all laws to be superseded by theirs.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
I don't have a problem with different cultures or nationality , heck my parents came to the UK in the early 50's, it's the extremist's I can't stand. I asked my old man once in his later years before he past away has he ever thought of going back to Sardinia to live and he said he no he feels more English than Italian. The only time Italian was spoken in the house was between my parents when my mother was alive but they both spoke to me in English about 75% of the time which is a pity really as I can't speak it very good but I can understand about 90% of it. Youa knowa whata Ia meana :rofl:

:link: Enoch Powell was right, - YouTube
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Tolerance needs to be a two way street.
In many cases in Australia at present, it is not.
IGA advertised some nice bacon on TV the night before last.
But I can't buy it at the IGA supermarket next to where I have my post office box because of the shop owner's beliefs.
This is wrong.
In Australia we eat bacon.
If the shop owner doesn't agree, he shouldn't be a shop owner in Australia.
That's my view.
And that is just one small example.
I could rattle off the names of numerous primary schools in and around Perth where the food must be halal and pork products have been removed because "We don't want to offend Muslims."
Well I'm sorry, but their removal offends me.
And in many places, including many schools, we can't celebrate Easter and Christmas. It's just "Happy Holiday" because we don't want to offend Muslims.
Well, that offends me. And I will never stop celebrating them regardless of what is deemed to be politically correct.
Yes, come to live in Australia by all means. But integrate into our society.
If you don't want to do that, don't come. It's simple.
Why should we, as Australians, change our ways, our values, our beliefs and our actions, to accommodate specific newcomers to this country.
In my opinion, we should not.
And if you listen to what Pauline Hanson and Daniel Nalliah actually say, that is what they think too, but they are continually misquoted and misrepresented by our oh so politically correct media.
As I said, tolerance should be a two way street.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
What's the difference between a shop not trading on Sundays due to their beliefs and a shop not stocking pork for the same reason?

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

What's the difference between a shop not trading on Sundays due to their beliefs and a shop not stocking pork for the same reason?

Shops do trade on Sundays and legislation (in this State at least) provides for them to make that choice as to whether to open or not.
Shops that do not stock pork, do not stock pork on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Every week.
Where's the choice for the consumer in that? 
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Tolerance is a two way street, as Dave stated.  I agree wholeheartedly. 

I believe that most people on here (even the stirrers) are fairly moderate in their beliefs, be they religious, political or sporting.  Generally we all get along, and we don't threaten each other with extreme violence if we disagree.  Extremists, as I've said previously, are not welcome, nor should they be tolerated.

My opinion is that any person that comes to Australia to live, and integrates, improves the culture of both parties (mainstream Australians and their previous culture).  Keep your identity, by all means, but become a member of Australian society in general.  If you want to change society to suit your religious beliefs, you are not welcome, be that Muslim, Christian or Hindu.

Here is an explanation of Sharia Law.  From what it says, Muslims are required to obey the law of the land.  I do not like the statement that they want family law to be culturally appropriate to those of Islamic faith.  However, as Muslims only make up 2.2% of the population, it is highly unlikely that these changes will occur.  I see this as no different to Catholics not being able to remarry after divorce.  The Catholic Church says you can't, the law says you can.  You choose which one you want to obey.

:link: Explainer: What is Sharia law? | SBS News

From my interpretation, it is the same as a Christian living by the principles of the Ten Commandments.  It is a basis for a way of life, not a hard and fast rule.  After all, four of the Ten Commandments are about God, and all but three are legal!!

The majority of Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and atheists get along just fine in mainstream Australia.  Extremists give the average ones a bad name.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

But do they only want Sharia law for themselves?
And as for it saying that Sharia law states that Muslims must obey the law of the land, don't lose sight of the fact that Sharia law was not written with our law of the land in mind.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
But do they only want Sharia law for themselves?
And as for it saying that Sharia law states that Muslims must obey the law of the land, don't lose sight of the fact that Sharia law was not written with our law of the land in mind.

Neither were the Ten Commandments.   :victory:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If you're not muslim you're considered an infidel and worth less than a dog. So in a Sharia society, you would be condemned, unless you subscribe to their religion. Hardly freedom of choice and definitely un-Australian.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
If you're not muslim you're considered an infidel and worth less than a dog. So in a Sharia society, you would be condemned, unless you subscribe to their religion. Hardly freedom of choice and definitely un-Australian.

Muslims consider Christians and Jews as "People of the Book", i.e. one of the Abrahamic Religions.  The Muslims that I have met (and I have met a few) prefer Abrahamic Religions to Hindu and Buddhist.  They loath atheists, so I am screwed.

Remember that the Australian constitution doesn't list a religion, but we do have freedom of religion (which also means freedom "from" religion).  There should be no religious teachings in public schools.  If you want your children to have a religious education, send them to a religious school (where they will probably be fiddled with by a priest).

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Sorry Jamie, but I disagree.
The last time I said this on here I was pelted with negative comments from everywhere, but I'll say it again anyway.
Like it or not, we are a Christian based society.
Our country is based upon Christian principals.
It is certainly not based upon Muslim or Buddhist principals, although we are a tolerant nation.
But I don't agree we should try to change what we have to suit the wants of others.
And yes, I agree with religious teachings in schools.
Both my girls went to Christian schools but I believe it should be taught at a basic level in all schools.
Taking shelter in my bunker!!!  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I agree on all points except the teaching of Christian principles at public schools.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal