i30 Owners Club

90,000 klm Service 2.0 litre petrol

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I think that valve controls which gear is selected D R 3 2 1 it has been the cause of problems like yours, in other threads.  :(
There are several pages of "Automatic Transmission Assembly" (ATA) valve listings on Google. And a pic.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline tmacz1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Vic
I was in nunawading hyundai today and they said theres special on a for 90k service for 750 instead of their usual 895 charge

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was in nunawading hyundai today and they said theres special on a for 90k service for 750 instead of their usual 895 charge

Thanks, assuming that is the 2.0 Petrol with the timing belt. At least $750 is closer to a realistic figure ... :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Thanks, assuming that is the 2.0 Petrol with the timing belt. At least $750 is closer to a realistic figure ... :confused:
Getting better but still nearly $200 dearer than a Repco authorised service centre. (see post one in this topic).

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
You've got to be kidding  :faint:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline tmacz1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Vic
yup 2.0 l engine, ahh repco might have to give there service department a go as i need new brakes n headlight light , are we still  covered under warranty if we go service our car at a different service centre besides hyundai thanks..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
yup 2.0 l engine, ahh repco might have to give there service department a go as i need new brakes n headlight light , are we still  covered under warranty if we go service our car at a different service centre besides hyundai thanks..
Just to clarify, Repco don't own service departments but they authorise existing repairers who use Repco supplied parts and follow Repco (read OEM) servicing guidelines.
So you will be dealing with an independent operator but with Repco backing.
As long as you use OEM standard parts and your service record is correctly filled out, you don't risk your Hyundai warranty. Although AFAIK this hasn't been tested legally in Oz yet.
Ask around among your friends and see who has a "local" repairer they use and recommend.

Offline tmacz1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Vic
ok so the time has finally came for my 90 k service , can any1 recommend a good servicer around the south east area of melbourne , ive tried caling a few places also but most are closed for the break... cheers

Offline the everyman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
I seem to remember some discussion about the high cost of replacing the timing belt in the i30.
In the overall scheme of things it's not too bad, at least using the Repco Auto Tech Quotation system which we do regularly.
It will also print out for you a diagram of how to replace the timing belt.

Here's the list of things.

Air filter element
Oil filter (spin on)
Spark plugs (also done at 30,000 and 60,000))
Fully synthetic oil
Clutch and brake fluid replacement
Timing belt
Labour 3.3 hours.
Waste management fee
Total cost, parts and labour.   $570.43

In my opinion that's pretty good value.

Don't know what Hyundai would charge.
That is VERY good value. Is the timing belt due at the 90,000km service?
  • FD i30 SX 5-Speed

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I seem to remember some discussion about the high cost of replacing the timing belt in the i30.
In the overall scheme of things it's not too bad, at least using the Repco Auto Tech Quotation system which we do regularly.
It will also print out for you a diagram of how to replace the timing belt.

Here's the list of things.

Air filter element
Oil filter (spin on)
Spark plugs (also done at 30,000 and 60,000))
Fully synthetic oil
Clutch and brake fluid replacement
Timing belt
Labour 3.3 hours.
Waste management fee
Total cost, parts and labour.   $570.43

In my opinion that's pretty good value.

Don't know what Hyundai would charge.
That is VERY good value. Is the timing belt due at the 90,000km service?
Yep.

Offline the everyman

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks, Trev. I was concerned it might be due at the 60,000. What needs doing at 60,000 and how much did it cost you?
  • FD i30 SX 5-Speed

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Thanks, Trev. I was concerned it might be due at the 60,000. What needs doing at 60,000 and how much did it cost you?
Haven't done the 60,000 service yet. I'm only up to 58,000. I think it's pretty basic though.
The reason I started the thread was there had been some discussion about servicing costs and I accessed the figures applied by the Goodyear franchise stores I am assocaited with.
I do have some printouts for the 60K service but I'd have to go looking for them.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal