i30 Owners Club

MY i30 DOESNT HAVE RDS

i30RSA · 68 · 24665

Offline RSS

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Gauteng
Thanks for the agreement RSS.  I would very much like to write and complain to Hyundai RSA.  Do you have a contact e-mail or blog for them?

As for your comment on software upgrade, I dont think so.  The radio in the I10 and I20 are completely other radio models and in fact much inferior to the one in the I30, but they have RDS.

I think Hyundai made a mistake not to fit a RDS radio in the upmarket I30.
I feel so strongly about it, that i want to warn all prospective buyers of I30's to reconcider.  I just need a platform to do it.

However I have always believed to give a person or instetution or company a chance to redeem itself before I start making acusations.

Therefore I need three pieces of information.
  • How can I make contact with Hyundai South Africa and represent the RDS complaint on behalf of all the people who have complained, in order that it does not look like a once off complaint.
  • Oll owners of I30's whom are unsatisfied by not having a RDS radio in their I30's to e-mail me on wrauch@intekom.co.za to enable me to circulate a petition to give the complaint weight.
  • Someone or people recomend a platform to stand on to warn all prospective I30 owners that their new, modern, up matket car does not have a radio with RDS, if we do not get our complaint resolved to our satisfaction.

Maybe you should try and go "right to the top" and write to Hyundai Worldwide. Their website has a "Contact Us"
http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/ContactUs/index.html

I would not bother with Hyundai South Africa - the way I see it is that they are only the 2nd tier in the supply chain - I might be wrong too, maybe they have lots of input when it comes to the spec. for our market. ?.

Greetings
  • i30 1.8 Executive 2013

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I'm sure it's Hyundai South Africa  who negotiates the spec's for the cars in SA.

Here in DK we often have different spec's "designed" for DK by the DK import Agency, because of our high taxes on cars. A base model i30 here in DK is not necessarily the same as a base model in Germany or Sweden, our neighbour countries.

I do think Hyundai South Africa is the right place to place your concerns.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline RSS

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Gauteng
I'm sure it's Hyundai South Africa  who negotiates the spec's for the cars in SA.

Here in DK we often have different spec's "designed" for DK by the DK import Agency, because of our high taxes on cars. A base model i30 here in DK is not necessarily the same as a base model in Germany or Sweden, our neighbour countries.

I do think Hyundai South Africa is the right place to place your concerns.

Thanks Asterix ..  valid point and agree with you. Not so familiar with the industry - just drive their vehicles  :)

But what bugs me ,  and I think the point was made by WRauch -  is that the  i10 and i20 sold in South Africa does have RDS enabled radios.

"Oh boy !! this RDS thing drives me nuts"  :head_butt:

Greetings
  • i30 1.8 Executive 2013

Offline W Rauch

• 1st Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
Surferdude and Phil No 1, both good sudgestions, thank you.
  • I30 1.6L Auto

Offline keithk

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Free State
keithk
I have the same problem with my 2013 i30, no rds, I have contacted several dealers and Hyundai customer care, they all say these are imported models so that is that.
I am looking to buy a RDS radio on ebay so will see how this works out, several used radios available that look quiet good.
You are wasting your time with Hyundai South Africa, I had a chat with Hyundai UK on facebook and they got back to me with in the hour, I also contacted Hyundai South Africa on facebook on the 16/12/14 and nearly a week later I am still waiting for their reply, they talk of 24 hour feedback, what a joke.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 premium, Hatch , White

Offline keithk

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa
      Free State
I got the same surprise when I bought my i30 6 months ago, Not a bad radio for sound but no RDS.
I was told from Hyundai customer care these models are imported and the can not do any thing about it.
I am in the process of checking eBay and there are a few OS i30 original radio's available for about R1800.00 plus shipping and though they are used radio's they look to be in a good condition, possible the car has been in an accident and now on sale, or you could go wild and get a nav, DVD, RDS radio and so on for about R10000.00 from Alibaba.com.
Still beats this lot we have in our cars.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 premium, Hatch , White

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :welcome:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline keithk

• 2nd Gear

• za South Africa