i30 Owners Club

Back camera on stock screen

Offline Emmi007

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Copenhagen
I all, just bought a used i30 cw diesel from '08, it is fitted with stock(Hyundai) GPS/entertainment with a small touchscreen on top of the dashboard.
My question for you guys is if it's possible to add a revers/back camera to the stock unit.
  • Hyundai i30 cw 1.6 crdi (FD)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Emmi007,

I wasn't aware of a 2008 FD i30 ever coming with a stock GPS  :Shocked: They certainly didn't in Australia  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Emmi007

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Copenhagen
Welcome Emmi007,

I wasn't aware of a 2008 FD i30 ever coming with a stock GPS  :Shocked: They certainly didn't in Australia  :confused:

The car is a German import (don't know if that makes any difference) ,  if you wish I could take. Some pic of the unit..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I don't think anyone here would be familiar with the type of unit you own, so your best bet would be to enquire in Germany. However, for that particular year I would be very surprised if it would be possible to include it in your screen. It's not only the display, but all the switching to make it turn on when reversing and cancel out the existing screen. Better to buy a complete unit and fit that, IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm thinking the previous owner has installed an aftermarket touchscreen GPS....  :undecided:

Offline Emmi007

• 1st Gear

• dk Denmark
      Copenhagen
I'm thinking the previous owner has installed an aftermarket touchscreen GPS....  :undecided:

Hi, i have being googling all night long, the screen looks like a product from gpstar.de

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well, my next door neighbour also had the 2008 FD with stock GPS. I never saw the thing, they now have a 2011 i30, but I think he mentioned it to be placed where the top dashboard compartment normally is.

I know for sure he didn't fit it himself, he wouldn't be able to..  :mrgreen:

The stock GPS would be very rare here in DK as they cost around 4700,- AUD / 2800,- GBP due to our high taxes on cars.  :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal