i30 Owners Club

Head Light Bulbs

esnow1 · 8 · 2386

Offline esnow1

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Greenwood, South Carolina
My elantra touring takes h11b low beam head light bulbs, I wanted to get somthing brighter, like a hyper white, or somthing with a blue tint, anybody know where I can find some, all the local auto shop's only carry the oem stock bulbs.
  • Elantra Touring SE

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Ebay? Your search might bring up different results...

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/h11b-bulb
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Am I the only one, but I find a yellow light is actually more reflective of road surfaces than white, or blue white, especially in wet conditions. I'm in no hurry to get higher Kelvin lights at all.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Am I the only one, but I find a yellow light is actually more reflective of road surfaces than white, or blue white, especially in wet conditions. I'm in no hurry to get higher Kelvin lights at all.

No, you are not alone.
The bright white light seems, IMO, to be more like bright Moonlight, compared to slightly yellowy Sunlight.

More noticeable comparing a garden 30 watt LED floodlight with a 500 watt tungsten halogen which seems gives "more depth".

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Beware wives' tales and urban myths about yellow foglamps. If yellow were the best colour, it would be the colour you would see in the reflections above all others. If you don't, it isn't proving to be any more effective than any other. Don't confuse comfort with efficiency.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Beware wives' tales and urban myths about yellow foglamps. If yellow were the best colour, it would be the colour you would see in the reflections above all others. If you don't, it isn't proving to be any more effective than any other. Don't confuse comfort with efficiency.

No, I don't believe that yellow is the best colour, living in France in the 70's & night driving with nothing but yellow headlamps was a nightmare.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Orange!

The number of work vehicles which now sport orange flashing on their rear rather than yellow seems to be increasing.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline esnow1

• 1st Gear

• us United States
      Greenwood, South Carolina
Before I put my new head light bulbs in, I also wanted to change out the small bulbs that are right underneath the bright bulb, does anyone know what size bulb it is
  • Elantra Touring SE

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal