i30 Owners Club

Fitting reverse park assist

Offline raypinkerton

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Geebung, Brisbane

• 2008 SLX 1.6 CRDi Auto
Hi Guys

Soliciting assistance again. One of the reasons I purchased my CRDi Auto i30 in 2010 was that it was only 2 years old, was an SLX and had loads of options installed. One option it did not have was reverse park assist. I found a kit on eBay a while ago and purchased it for around $70. The kit includes installation instructions for the bits in the kit, the templates to fit the sensors to the rear bar, sensors and cables, and a black box which goes in the boot behind the liner on the RHS.

Does anybody know what else (if anything) is required to make the system work? How does it function in operation?

Are copies of the templates of any use if I scan them before using them?

Cheers

Ray

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I assume that the kit includes the 4 sensors for installing in the rear bumper and a control box mounted in the boot plus the wiring and connectors. The black box will contain the sensor controls and a loud sounder which beeps at an increasing frequency as you approach an obstruction and will then emit a constant beep when you need to stop.

Some kits also have an LED display to be mounted in or on the dash to give a visual display of distance. With expensive kits the display will show which sensors are picking up an obstruction so you know which side of the car to take care with.

Most kits are wired to the reversing lights feed so that the unit only works when you are actually reversing under power.  The more sophisticated kits may use a separate power source and use the reversing light power just as a sensor to activate the system.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline raypinkerton

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Geebung, Brisbane

• 2008 SLX 1.6 CRDi Auto
Thanks Alan,

I should have been clearer, the kit I purchased was the actual Hyundai kit for fitting by the dealer. I wanted to confirm how the Hyundai systems work so when I fit it I know what to expect. Sorry for not making that clear and thanks for your feedback.

Ray

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal