White Smoke Upon Starting From Cold

Rogmur · 77 · 25646

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
just because a servo looks busy doesn't mean it doesn't have stale diesel,stale vortex or ultimate diesel is just as bad as any stale fuel,I only buy(unless on a trip)from two sevros,both truck stops.both going through over 50,000 ltrs a week,I don't worry about the discounts,stale vortex is only marginally better than what they now call truck diesel
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline bryanj86

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan

• Logan, Queensland (i30 CRDi)
The diesel i use is certainly not a truck area at all. Woolworths and VORTEX. I filled up there today but I think i will change to a truck stop diesel. But the big BPs around here along the highway only sell 'diesel'? not sure....
  • 2011 Crdi i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
The diesel i use is certainly not a truck area at all. Woolworths and VORTEX. I filled up there today but I think i will change to a truck stop diesel. But the big BPs around here along the highway only sell 'diesel'? not sure....

Only reason servos have been using the term Truck diesel,is a marketing ploy,they are attempting(by misleading)the small vehicle owners to buy the more expensive vortex/Ultimate or whatever that particular  fuel service is selling,though I know there higher grade deisel is supposedly better for your engine and give better fuel economy(this is another thing i have issues with)I have soley used one fuel type for some weeks and then used the higher grade fuel again for some weeks and me personally for the miles I do, haven't found that the higher fuel economy offsets the extra 6 to 12 cents a litre your paying for it.

Diesel is diesel, unless it is marketed as some servos over here do as eco-diesel,I only know of one over here selling it,up at El Cablo Blanco, everything I have read on the I30's is you DO NOT use eco diesel in them.

I do 1300 K's a week +, Bruce cost between $85-$95 fuel a week depending on how hard I press the pedal,Cyril is about $8-$11 dollars more a week,Bruce is 6 spd Cyril is 5 spd
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I use Vortex diesel as I get better economy on it (4.9 l/100k as opposed to 5.3 l/100k), and it doesn't foam as much as "normal" diesel.  Here in Tassie we only pay 1-2c per litre more for Vortex as opposed to "normal" diesel, and at the moment both diesels are cheaper than petrol!!   :happydance:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I use Vortex diesel as I get better economy on it (4.9 l/100k as opposed to 5.3 l/100k), and it doesn't foam as much as "normal" diesel.  Here in Tassie we only pay 1-2c per litre more for Vortex as opposed to "normal" diesel, and at the moment both diesels are cheaper than petrol!!   :happydance:

Isn't that odd how different states have differing prices,over here(but not at this particular moment)diesel is generally only 3 to 6 cents cheaper than unleaded(at the moment it is about 12 cents),but on average vortex is minimum 5-6 cents dearer,I remember the last time I was in SA,I just couldn't believe how cheap the fuel was,almost 30c cheaper than here(don't think it's like that now)even more amazingly was they did do have the weekly price hike we get here EVERY thursday morning,fuel automatically jumps 8-16 cents a litre until closse of business Monday nights,you can't tell me thats not the fuel and servo companies not price gouging

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
@Rick,

The fuel companies don't call it price gouging, but rather discounting the normal price, on the cheaper days, because they're such nice companies and prepared to return some of their profit.  :head_butt:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Just searching for the Tooth Fairy smiley.  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
@Rick,

The fuel companies don't call it price gouging, but rather discounting the normal price, on the cheaper days, because they're such nice companies and prepared to return some of their profit.  :head_butt:
Geez Phil.I was eating my lunch and nearly choked on my roll,best I write them an apology,I didn't realise this was the case   :evil:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :hahaha: :hatoff:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline bryanj86

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan

Here on the Gold Coast in QLD the price between standard and premium DIESEL is little if any at all.... Shell for example sells PREMIUM diesel only in brisbane and north. But the price for the standard stuff they sell down here is the same as the other brands of premium fuel... odd hey
  • 2011 Crdi i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Here on the Gold Coast in QLD the price between standard and premium DIESEL is little if any at all.... Shell for example sells PREMIUM diesel only in brisbane and north. But the price for the standard stuff they sell down here is the same as the other brands of premium fuel... odd hey

Yes my brother lives in the suburbs of Brisbane,he has said the same,he would rather pay the extra 1 cent for the premium diesel,it must be my driving style but I only average around .6 ltr per 100 k difference between the to so I really don't think I'm winning by paying the extra 5 up to possibly 10 cents more per litre

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Yes my brother lives in the suburbs of Brisbane,he has said the same,he would rather pay the extra 1 cent for the premium diesel,it must be my driving style but I only average around .6 ltr per 100 k difference between the to so I really don't think I'm winning by paying the extra 5 up to possibly 10 cents more per litre

That is a big difference!!  I would go for the premium in that case, even at 10c per litre more. 

Here is my reasoning (for ease of calculating I have assumed putting in 53 litres each time, but the ratios will be the same).  If you get say 6 l/100k normally (883 km/tank roughly), and with premium you get 5.4 l/100k (981 km/tank) , that is more than 10% extra or an extra 100km.  Say you pay $1.50 per litre for normal and $1.60 for premium.  That is $79.50 to fill with normal diesel, or $84.40 for premium, that is a difference of about $5.  For $5 you would only get 3.3 litres of normal diesel, which wouldn't get you the extra 100 km that the premium gets you, you would end up a little short.

The lower the initial mileage that you get (i.e. say 5.5 as opposed to 6 with normal diesel) the better the outcome in the end.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
My head hurts.

Yours and mine both  :rofl:

Offline bryanj86

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Logan

I TOTALLY understand what FatBoy is saying. Love the work!!!
  • 2011 Crdi i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21758339

If this doesn't work can they borrow your car?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21758339

If this doesn't work can they borrow your car?

:rofl: :rofl: wish I hadn't opened the link,I'm sick of hearing the news,hope this bugger lives for a bloody long time,so we don't have to go through this again for a while.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal