i30 Owners Club

i30 top selling car in Australia in April

Offline Cluster2

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Following up the i30's top selling status in March, the i30 is again Australia's top selling vehicle in April.

:link: Car sales bounce back in April

4140 sales versus its competitors like Toyota Corolla with 2960, Golf at 1810, with Mazda 3 not even in the top 10.  Although to be fair the Mazda 3 is generally not purchased by fleet buyers such as rental companies.

I'm glad to say my i30 diesel contributed to that 4140 amount last month.
  • i30 GD4 Active 1.6 CDRi 7 speed DCT

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that!

Wow! That's with bu**er all Tourers in the mix too... Scarce as hen's teeth new. They don't seem to be bringing the euro built cars in at the moment. :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
 Just one small correction.  Unless I'm reading it wrongly,  the Mazda 3 hasn't dropped out of the top 10. The list in the link has it at #5.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Cluster2

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
Yep, my mistake.  Wasn't looking closely enough.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
With auto hatches priced at $19,990 and the tax year coming to an end, I would expect this dominance to continue.

Lots of small businesses that saw the extension of the 20k instant write off and a tax cut will be looking for new wheels....

Clever marketing...

As an aside, Surferdude, I had nearly forgotten the One.tel mascot.....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
They sell a lot cars with the $19,990 deal with free auto but I think HY needs to be careful that they don't undo all the hard work over the years to change consumer perceptions of "Korean" cars having to be cheap to sell against Japansese cars. It will be interesting to see if Mazda and Toyota can live with selling under 3000 per month or decide to join the party.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
What happens to their 'other' brand Kia.

I would have thought 19,990 and free auto would be the Kia offering, Hyundai perhaps at 21,990.

OK just looked you can get an auto MY16 Cerato for $17,690. There are also 2015 models still avaliable. They are listed around the same money, but I reckon you could twist their arm a bit....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:53:24 by beerman »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
What happens to their 'other' brand Kia.

I would have thought 19,990 and free auto would be the Kia offering, Hyundai perhaps at 21,990.

OK just looked you can get an auto MY16 Cerato for $17,690. There are also 2015 models still avaliable. They are listed around the same money, but I reckon you could twist their arm a bit....
Makes them good value. Nothing wrong with the Cerato.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
With the 7 year warranty they are a winner in my book. All the same running gear as the i30.

They are still running the old school radio and no reverse camera which the kiddies today seem to like, but they do have sensors front/rear.

But they will be here soon....

:link: 2016 Kia Cerato facelift revealed in Korean ?K3? form
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:26:04 by beerman »

Offline Cluster2

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, SA
When I was looking at the Cerato and i30 last month, the i30 was $20k with auto drive away and Cerato the $19k with auto.  I didn't drive the Cerato as for me the i30 was clearly worth the extra $1k in asking price.  The interior is much nicer and more modern, which isn't completely surprising as KIA is the junior car maker with the older model.  I ended up buying a diesel anyway which KIA does not provide.

As to whether Hyundai is doing long term damage by racking up sales through being cheaper, well, that may be a concern.  They don't want to over stuff the fleet market with sales and then suffer reduced resale value when those cars are dumped onto the second hand market.  I think the GD4 i30 is good enough by itself however to stand out as a quality option for buyers and not just attract buyers because it's cheap.  That's what KIA is for.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It is a shame Kia don't do a diesel.

I would be well tempted, especally with that 7 year warranty which will be more than useful on the second hand market, I dare say punters will be looking seriously at a 5 year old Kia with 2 years factory warranty.....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal