Glac's Crappy Audi (and other stuff)

Glacius · 204 · 40612

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that Glac. Great picture of the young fella. The Honda looks amazing for an 18 y/o car! Wonder what that is in A $ sounds like a lot...
Hope everything works out for you in the long run. These things become a distant memory in the long term...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Sorry to hear about you and the girlfriend, Glac.... :(

Oh well, as the saying goes, there's plenty more fish in the sea...just gotta have the right bait!  :crazy2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Sorry to hear about the split, Glac.
All the best for your future. 
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Sorry to hear that Glac. Great picture of the young fella. The Honda looks amazing for an 18 y/o car! Wonder what that is in A $ sounds like a lot...
Hope everything works out for you in the long run. These things become a distant memory in the long term...

Its quite the clean car year im hoping to get it asap before some young boyracer ruins it =/
And its around 5000 $ Australian Dollars for the car, its a bit much but the car is super clean and its hard to find a civic thats not full of rust but i will negotiate onthe price as i have to trave to pick it up.

Thanks guys yeah its hard right now but time will heal worst part will be seeing her with another man in the future and my son growin up with a step dad =/  also the 2 other kids she has thats   9 and 10 dont even know yet  gonna be hard to tell them  as we have to sort out house first

cheers lads

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It is a tough situation but like you say (and I speak from experience) a year or two down the track you will be much happier... Good luck with the car and the negotiations.  :goodjob:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
It is a tough situation but like you say (and I speak from experience) a year or two down the track you will be much happier... Good luck with the car and the negotiations.  :goodjob:

HI Dazz

thanks man yeah already it feels easier i understand what she was saying we where both in our faces for over 6 years it a lot and you get tired also having a son that needds attention all the time our " gf and bf "moments where just lost really .... its sad but life goes on and right now if it was not for my son i would have left and moved back to UK but for now il stay here I want to go visit Japan and Australia next year so om saving up starting to day =)

cheers

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

HI Dazz

thanks man yeah already it feels easier i understand what she was saying we where both in our faces for over 6 years it a lot and you get tired also having a son that needds attention all the time our " gf and bf "moments where just lost really .... its sad but life goes on and right now if it was not for my son i would have left and moved back to UK but for now il stay here I want to go visit Japan and Australia next year so om saving up starting to day =)

cheers

Well at least you'll know a few people in Australia.   :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms

HI Dazz

cheers

Well at least you'll know a few people in Australia.   :D

heY! appreciate that  doggie! =D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, we would like to meet some overseas members face to face and it is cheaper and easier for you to come to us...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yeah, we would like to meet some overseas members face to face and it is cheaper and easier for you to come to us...

:goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms

haha true that! i did get a 6 months visa not so long ago xD i might re aply lol

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
And so the story goes on .... I  am to this day so mad at my self for getting this car .. i am sorry for ranting but this car has made me lost my gf and my sense .

On Thursday we had it at the shop, waiting for info on what might be wrong with it  as I felt there was something off. 
as the car kept going into limp mode etc.
I checked turbo my self and it was not the issue.

also the car made a " clunk " noise when the engine was runing as well deep tone one not light like it normal but like a deep base one.
anway I got my car back later that day and got some info on what might be wrong,

and They fixed the limp mode,  then i got told what might be wrong .

: The camshaft needs replacing an the lifting sensors and lifters needs replacing
: Vacum inlet and pipe needs replacing.
: Seals need raplacing.
: And topseal needs replacing

So a BIG ass job ... here is me thinking well it cant be more then 1500 $ right ? that would be insane  like there is  a lot to do but ive seen parts online for this for under 400 $

So Monday comes along i get the mail from them and holy balls in my hopscotch hell ( sorry langauge here )

and i look at the parts and then the final bill sum

6500$!!!!! lolo

The parts it self i found online but theirs might be GOLD PLATED aha like wtf xD

I just looked at it and started litrally crying. Im so done witht this car, right now my car is worth  0  ebecause of this .

But thank for  have good friends me and my mate will get a NEW motor and change this one out, same engine just a newer one,

I am just gobsmacked that it cost so much to change these parts.

But i wish i never got this car

Its the worst deciscion of my life. and i should have listen to you guys and kept my beloved I30 = /

Anyway Im thinking of getting this car now :link: FINN ? Kia Cee'd  i really like the look of this

But for sure it wont be another german car unless im rich

But i was thining KIA, Huyndai or Toyota or honda= ) i will let you know

Hope you have a splendid day guys! =)

Sorry for being away so long just been cought up in a lot of stuff in my life moving out being single taking car of my son etc.

cheers

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

:(
So sorry to read that, Glac.
Hopefully you can rectify the problem and get back to a car that you can enjoy and doesn't cost a fortune.
How is your house going? I remember seeing the pics and it looked great.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the update Glac. Very sad to hear. You have a good spirit so I'm sure you will come out the other end stronger and wiser. Please stay in touch! :goodjob:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Sorry Glac  :blubber:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid: about  :wts:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hopefully you can rectify the problem and get back to a car that you can enjoy and doesn't cost a fortune.

Thanks everyone very kind of you to respond =)

well i dont have a house anymore, me and my Gf split up as friends and shes buying it off me.

So im stuck alone now, i get to see my son every  mon and tuesday and everyother weekend.  so i see him a lot but we dont live toghtere anmore its sad and i hope my son will not be to much affected by it until now its gone by fine, but I am afraid it can get worse.

IM just glad we are good friends and that we can talk to each other and not like most broken uo couples that fight .

WE still love each other and wants whats best for both of us. just I got the short end of the stick because of some debt i havent got ridden..

But i see some lights in the tunnel, hopefully next year il have my own place and another car =)

cheers

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Thanks everyone very kind of you to respond =)

well i dont have a house anymore, me and my Gf split up as friends and shes buying it off me.

So im stuck alone now, i get to see my son every  mon and tuesday and everyother weekend.  so i see him a lot but we dont live toghtere anmore its sad and i hope my son will not be to much affected by it until now its gone by fine, but I am afraid it can get worse.

IM just glad we are good friends and that we can talk to each other and not like most broken uo couples that fight .

WE still love each other and wants whats best for both of us. just I got the short end of the stick because of some debt i havent got ridden..

But i see some lights in the tunnel, hopefully next year il have my own place and another car =)

cheers

Your son will be fine. My nephew and his wife split too and their boy is just fine and has adapted extremely well and if the two of you are talking, then it will work out.
All the best for the future.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
thats good to hear! =)  im just dredding that day she will have a new man who will be my sons stepfather =(

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Work with him. Your son will have two dads if that happens.
The first twelve months is the hardest, then it gets better.
 :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Any chance you could be the 'new man' in future?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice idea, but not recommended. . Once butten, twice shy...

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Nice idea, but not recommended. . Once butten, twice shy...

Does that mean bitten on the butt?   :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi guys! long time since I've been here just had a lot of stuff going on in live  , firstly hope you all had a good Easter =)

I have now moved to a new area and bigger place for me and my son =)  super excited about it ill attach some images

my new view from my flat

So My car, my Audi loll its been on and off with this thing, but I have finally now manage to FIX the car its now 120%  OK and i can use it for some more years .

I cant sell it as i will lose 6000$ on the sale and I have no intention of losing that much

so the car I was at MOT for check EU test and It didn't pass , rusted brake lines at the rear and a front suspension under carriage issue where one of of the seals where broken.

So little over 1 month ago I had to change some stuff to make sure it would go thru MOT , I got told that other then those bits i had to check out the " vacuum manifold "
as the man said that it felt lose and it leaks fake air.

So after looking online and stuff I found some video on how to change the seal and how to disassemble it, as i have not a clue about engines.

I bought a seal for 20£ and then i went on to fix it.
I first asked the repair shop how much they wanted for it m they wanted 1300$ so i said  hell no! I will do it my self .

After some tinkering I was on Saturday in a garage working late, and i manage to take it apart,  to my horrifying discovery, there where 5 Screws missing!!!  out of 8 ,,, i have not a clue whats going on with this car but it seems to be missing screws all the time.

So i had to wait over the weekend for the car to be fixed, got some new hardcore bolts on it and then assembled it on Monday night.

While fixing it I also realized the car leaks air or something from the Cooler tube from EGR , but It was a simple fix

After I did all this it cost me 2-4 hours of my time and 20£ so why repair shop wanted 1300 $ i have not a clue.

Anyway The week goes on And I feel the car is losing " power " and I was first thinking it might be the leakage from the EGR tube, but i was not sure.

Getting to Friday I tried to drive home and i have no power AT all Like I had to really PUSH hard on acc pedal for max torque like i was hitting 6-7000 RPs for it go move it was really odd .  I knew by doing this my clutch would fry but i had no choice as i had to get home to get my son on Friday as he was sick and it was my weekend to have him.

After getting halfway home in a uphill struggle my car suddenly said  SMACK! and then i had no gears, no clutch nothing .... first i thought my gearbox was dead but i manage to get it in gear after stopping the car  ( thank god )  , and i then figured the most obvious thing was the flywhee, and i was right. ... so SUPER nice timing right ? ..........

After calling AAA and stuff I got a ride back to my house got my son and we went home,

I get a call about my car saying they got the car and wanted to know where i want the car delivered.
I said NOT at the repair shop as it would be to costly.

I want it home to me, he then mentions to me that they have a shop and can fix my car.. .. and i was like really ?  that's good.

They only wanted to charge 400 $ for the repair of flywheel and clutch super nice price as the "main repair " shop wants 1780$
I have the flywheel from before as I got that for free from the shop i got the car from and i just had to get a new clutch set for 300$.

So i ordered the part and then I sent them the parts.

So this Easter I was just resting I got to borrow a car from my mate so its all good.

But then the "AAA " repair shops calls me and first I'm like WTF is it now with thiscar .. lol.................

I pickup and ask was up, hes like  we have your car fixed and its now All 100% OK! and derivable, so no damage to gearbox etc....   

IM like NICE!  can i have it back soon . hes like sure but we need the otherparts first for the MOT EU approval... sure so i had to get those parts as well..

So after some chit chat he then tells me that they had the gearbox down and they said there was SQREWS missing on the GEARBOX and STARTER ..... now WHY am I not surprised!! Jesus this car ..

But he said they fixed it as they had bolts / screws laying around

But yeah insane MONTH for this time, but I will get my car back this weekend and I'm Excited,  Just  a lot of stress  but hopefully this will be the end of that , I cant sell the car as I have to much left of the loan.

But yeah insane month for me lol!  sorry for long text and thank you if you read it all

Plans for me this summer is new wheels and maybe full vinyl wrap we will see =?D Keep you posted

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Great to hear from you.  :goodjob2:
You have certainly had some issues with that car!
Your new place looks really nice. The views are awesome.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What a view :Jaw: beautiful :goodjob2:

Shame about the car :disapp: hopefully it get sorted out properly and cheaply for you :Good_luck:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Nice accommodation and views. Hope the car behaves itself for a long time now. :eek:

Good to hear from you  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Thanks guys , yeah compare to my old place this has the best view almost as good as my old house had =)

I also hope this will be the last issue with my car but its an Audi so i doubt it lol xD

I will keep you posted thanks all for your kind words

I sometimes wish i still had the i30 lol

regards

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Glac,

Your posts are always entertaining! As the others say, your views are awesome too.

Great to have you back. Fingers and toes crossed your Audi behaves when you get it back!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal