i30 Owners Club

2012 i30 GD wiper problem

rickai · 5 · 2363

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Does anyone have any problem with their wipers during wet weather? Mine fog up during the downward (return to rest) motion. Upward motion has no problem. I suspect bad wiper quality as someone I know with a hyundai replaced theirs with some high quality aftermarket japanese brand after numerous failed attempt warranty claim. I tried cleaning with alcohol, same thing happens..

The foggy layer disappears after 10 sec or so if the wipers weren't on. It's like leaving a lagging trail on the windscreen that blocks my vision.

On a side note, during wet weathers, if I turn on windscreen aircon, it also fogs up directly on the outside of the windscreen where the air is aiming at (without wipers on). If I turn on wipers, it wipes it so I'm pretty sure it's not inside. 

This problem is kinda fustrating. Makes me feel like i'm driving a 20 year old car whenever it rains...

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Glass is affected by all sorts of pollutants. Insects particularly have waxy bodies and this makes wipers jump and skitter as they sweep across the glass. I would try cleaning both the glass and your wiper blades with bug & Tar remover which is a citrus based cleaner. Shouldn't damage the rubber at all.

Regarding condensation on the outside of the glass, this is an effect of moist air outside coming into contact with very cold glass, it's a law of nature that condensation will occur, not a fault of the vehicle. If you must use the air cond at this time, you should apply some heat as well so the air inside the car is dried by the aircond, but warmed by the heater, so the glass doesnt get too cold.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
 :whsaid:

Have to agree with Phil.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Does anyone have any problem with their wipers during wet weather?

Mine fog up during the downward

On a side note, during wet weathers, if I turn on windscreen aircon, it also fogs up directly on the outside of the windscreen

In all my years of driving I have never had this on the outside.  lots on the inside.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rickai

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Hurstville NSW
Glass is affected by all sorts of pollutants. Insects particularly have waxy bodies and this makes wipers jump and skitter as they sweep across the glass. I would try cleaning both the glass and your wiper blades with bug & Tar remover which is a citrus based cleaner. Shouldn't damage the rubber at all.

Regarding condensation on the outside of the glass, this is an effect of moist air outside coming into contact with very cold glass, it's a law of nature that condensation will occur, not a fault of the vehicle. If you must use the air cond at this time, you should apply some heat as well so the air inside the car is dried by the aircond, but warmed by the heater, so the glass doesnt get too cold.

Will definitely try that out and see how it goes. Thanks

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal