i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth not connecting automatically?

Offline sparts87

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Oakleigh South
Picked up my new 2013 i30 elite t/d manual last week and love it to bits! However my Bluetooth doesn't automatically connect to my iPhone 4's every time maybe 1/5 at best. I'm on the road all day and my phone rings constantly and have missed a few important calls because of this.

Anybody experienced this?
  • i30 2013 diesel elite

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I have a 2011 FD,two actually,both of mine very occassionally do this,I have an android phone,so I just connect through the phone,I have gotten into the habit of making sure the connection symbols are on the radio before moving off,if it hasn't I can fiddle with the controls before I move off.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

ouri30
Not having any issues with the Premium which has the same head unit as the Elite.  Only issue we have is when either off us pairs our phone and the other ten wants to pair theirs.  You then have to go into settings, list bluetooth devices and choose the one you want.  Simple once you get used to it.

We have the GD.

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I haven't noticed any connection issues.  I have a 4S and connects to Elite system well each time.  Probably only comment is that it doesn't want to disconnect straight away, when I turn off engine and leave the car.  Has anyone noticed this?  I've had phone calls as I leave the car and when I answer the iPhone, the Bluetooth symbol still shows connected to the i30 system for several minutes after.

Offline sparts87

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Oakleigh South
I have noticed that when I leave my car and sit in My office at work its still connected for a few minutes after.
  • i30 2013 diesel elite

Offline joesama

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Is any one else using the car besides you?
I have found this issue when my wife drives the car, the bluetooth unit tries to connect to my wife's phone.
After a while, it will say unable to connect.
I found out that the only way to connect is to connect it through the phone. I've got S2 and as long as I scroll down the menu and click on "pair i30" it connects straight after without having to go through all the authorization process where you have to input "0000".
Otherwise, for my wife's phone, it connects automatically all the time.

joe....
  • Merc E200, Merc C250 CGI Avantgard, Hyundai i30 Elite Hatch

Offline sparts87

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Oakleigh South
Only I have my phone paired with the unit.
  • i30 2013 diesel elite

Offline melfes

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      sydney
Me too 2013 i30 Gd
Need to actively find the phone and hook em up

Go "green phone" button on dash then select your mobile
  • i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal