i30 Owners Club

Xenon Halogen bulb replacement

CraigB · 34 · 9227

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The bulbs finally turned up today :happydance: I had to laugh as I bought them from Germany trying to evade Chinese products... I opened the package and they're still made in China :p they seem good quality though.

I chuckled to myself when you originally said you were buying them from a German company as I knew the likelihood of them coming from China was pretty high considering the company that manufacturers them are Chinese...  :whistler:  :D

:link: Company Overview - Qingdao Lima lights technology Co., Ltd.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I knew there was a likely chance of them being Chinese as most stuff is these days, even Philips are produced there but they have the brand name to back them up but as your link details...the Lima banded bulbs are also produced by a very large brand company :)

Offline Llewellyn

• 1st Gear

• za South Africa
      Cape Town
hi. i got a set of these bulbs in...works great... better  than using the standard bulbs... waiting for a proper set of zenon bulbs with ballaster to come in then i'm upgrading to proper zenons
  • I30, 2011, 2L

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
I went for LEDs (similar to the image below) and they were a waste of Time (I had to send them back) they are in fact less brighter than the standard halogen even though they are advertised
as brighter, might have something to do with the design of the headlight in regards to reflection. (Apparently there are some new generation ones that are supposed to be better).

I ended up getting proper Xenon HID headlights and they are the best I have ever got. The brightness is superb and the colour is your pure white with a tinge of blue,
they only take 3-4sec to warm up. Visibility has increased dramatically too they also do not blind oncoming traffic (I had this tested). I know they are not legal but it is
hard to tell you have Xenon HID as they look just light normal halogen bulbs and there is no glaring etc.

The job itself to install them didn't take that long either as they come with all the connectors that you need.
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal