• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
hope they have sorted out the paint process and not have the problem like they did in Chq Rep.. and not built the factory next to a brewery

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
From looking around Beijing, the i30 is not very popular, so it is unlikely that the new factory will be used for that model.  You see, maybe, five ix35s for every one i30. There are probably 20 Elantras (not including taxis) for every one i30.

I don't see any paint problems on my Beijing-built i30.  The only complaint I have is the road noise from the Hankook Optimas, which I will rectify when they wear out.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Thanks for the update - the press releases were a little short on detail.

Do you know what it likely to be built?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

From looking around Beijing, the i30 is not very popular, so it is unlikely that the new factory will be used for that model.

Hyundai have confirmed the i30 will be built at the new Beijing plant, along with the ix35, Verna and the YF (new Sonata. 

Expect the i30 to be built in a new Brazil plant from next year too.

Offline olddude

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Love the technology
I have the I30 hatch and the wife has ordered the IX35 (nice ride) and I would like the wagon but I am not sure if I want a Chinese built I30 diesel wagon when I come to upgrade.

Do you think they will sort out the quality control?

Regards Olddude

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

More than half the things I own are built in China that's no big deal. they are now the world' second largest economy, just reported to have past Japan today.  

As with all things new you probably don't want to buy from the first months production if you can help it, but there is no reasons to suppose Hyundai can't impose their QC in the same way as they did in the Czech plant. They can build the same, train the same, use the sam processes etc.

On opening the Czech plant there seem to have been a few issues with paint quality to start with, and a couple of possibly suspect parts (shock absorber covers and glopugs come to mind) but apart from that (and the obcious cosmetic differences) an i30 is an i30.

Overall I think Hyundai are very good at quality control. I'm sure this will be overseen by expereince technicians from the other factories, as it is in the Czech factory.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal