i30 Owners Club

Meet Alvin

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Once a truck driver, always a truck driver, 'eh Rick.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Call that a car? That's a mobile tanning salon :scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Once a truck driver, always a truck driver, 'eh Rick.

:goodjob2: :rofl: :goodjob: should have seen my Nissan Navara 4x4 it was covered in lights and LED's  :lol: looked like a Christmas Tree  :whistler:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
I repeat my original comment (but now capitalised)

HOLY ****

:laughter:  :honk:  :laughter:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Rick's seen the light.   :lol:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Big time.  :lol:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Damn it Rick. You got me looking at BnS rigs and now I miss all the cruisin with the boys we used to do :D
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Well had my first experience with a DPF Regen today in Alvin on the way home,as the book stated,warning light comes on,so I automatically selected a lower gear so I could keep the revs as suggested in the book above 2000rpm until the light went out,soon after the light came on,I had a strong smell of scorching(almost a burning smell) light stayed on for around three minutes then went out.

Sequence of events,DPF light started flashing
                                As soon as I selected a lower gear and got the revs up and maintained over 2000 RPM DPF light stayed on solidly
                                Got the scorching smell for around a minute,light stayed solid for another minute
                                DPF light started flashing again for maybe five flashes the light went out and no more smell
                                Fuel consumption by the instantaneous readout did go up by 2-3 ltrs per 100 but when the light went out it fell back to around 3.5 - 4.5 L/100 ,Done 3000 K's since we have had the car and this is the first Cycle I have seen,as I have been using him since we got him.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That sounds pretty positive Rick.

One of my mates had a Diesel Cruse for a number of years (through his work), which he was pretty happy with.

When he replaced it, he ended up getting steered into a 1.4 Petrol Turbo model .. which he reckons is a "piece of $hit" in comparison...  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

One of my mates had a Diesel Cruse for a number of years (through his work), which he was pretty happy with.

When he replaced it, he ended up getting steered into a 1.4 Petrol Turbo model .. which he reckons is a "piece of $hit" in comparison...  :undecided:

That's pretty funny I have a friend who has the 1.4 turbo petrol and he reckons it's the bee's knee's,  :lol: I always used to give him a hard time about owning a Blue Cruze,always said to him hows the Gay boys car going(yes and he is gay)so I ended up with one similar  :rofl: wonder if there's a message in that  :blubber:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

That's pretty funny I have a friend who has the 1.4 turbo petrol and he reckons it's the bee's knee's,  :lol: I always used to give him a hard time about owning a Blue Cruze,always said to him hows the Gay boys car going(yes and he is gay)so I ended up with one similar  :rofl: wonder if there's a message in that  :blubber:

His might be a manual? My mates is an auto and he's scared to pass in it as it drops into a lower gear and revs it's head of but very little happens to start with...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Has he been visiting more often lately ?  :whistler:

Offline Johnno

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bolton, Lancashire
One thing is for sure, if your outside and it's getting chilly just stand in front of them, they'll soon warm up your trollies
  • 2013 5D 1.6 CRDi Style Nav auto white

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
One thing is for sure, if your outside and it's getting chilly just stand in front of them, they'll soon warm up your trollies

Tes I was reading up about them and how they work,some can get up to 900 C inside to do what they have to do,makes you wonder what their made of and why they don't set the car alight.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal