i30 Owners Club

7500 service

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
just got my car back from the 7500 service...feels good as ever...yea...i had mentioned before that i had a rattle from the passesger's sealt belt area...i did take it the first time but no  improvements, so the dealer told me that they put a report to hyundai australia and then are waiting for an answer, if it can be fixed or if it is to be replaced....hopefully everything turns out fine...and yea....the service cost me AUD 226 (225.90 to be exact).... did it with the dealer...would have been cheaper if it was petrol ( thats what i was told) nyways..i'll have to catch up on some sleep...finished work around 4 in the morning...and then had to take the car to service at 7:45am so..hardly any sleep...good night... :P  :)  :mrgreen:

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
Interesting... Ours has developed a rattle from the front passenger seat as well - At first I thought it was the seatbelt anchor or possibly the seat mounts, but it seems to be coming from inside the seat itself - The car is due for a service in a few weeks so I'll ask them to log it as a warranty repair. Be interested to know what's causing it!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My 15,000 service today cost A$150.70 ($189 special less my oil supplied) Bet they would have showed a bigger charge for the oil if I was paying for it!

There's no way they would have only charged me $38.30 for 5 litres of fully synthetic oil (Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30 usually retails for over $50)

They charged me $114 for Labour $23 for parts including oil filter + $13.70 GST

Interestingly the Invoice says they put new spark plugs in which would be great (but I wasn't charged for them....Strange  :? ) So I doubt that happened....

With these modern cars it's hard to tell much difference in the driving after a service...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Interestingly the Invoice says they put new spark plugs in ...
Spooky. The CRDi doesn't have spark plugs  :?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "Shambles"
Spooky. The CRDi doesn't have spark plugs  :?

I never really thought about that  :idea:

Cheers,

Dazz

I'll scan in the invoice to share...

And it says I haven't got a turbo  :roll:  :evil:

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
Fitted new spark plugs and tested the leads.   HAHAHAHAHA  Kinda like sending the apprentice down for a top radiator hose for a VW beetle (old one), a sky hook and a left handed screw driver.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
At least they didn't charge you for the new spark plugs  :lol:

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
they charged me AUD 95 for the 5 litres of oil and the charged me AUD 4.90 for 'Environmental Waste Mgment', wander what thats all about? :o

Offline GURKHA17

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Darwin

• Darwin,NT, Australia
Quote from: "donc"
Interesting... Ours has developed a rattle from the front passenger seat as well - At first I thought it was the seatbelt anchor or possibly the seat mounts, but it seems to be coming from inside the seat itself - The car is due for a service in a few weeks so I'll ask them to log it as a warranty repair. Be interested to know what's causing it!

hi donc...yea mine is the exact same problem...so will have to wait...until they get back to me...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I would not go there again as they appear not to know the difference between petrol and diesel cars or what CRDI stands for.

Go back and ask for the labour charge for fitting spark plugs and see what they say.

I'm new to diesel cars BUT I know they don't have spark plugs but glow plugs which according to my dealer will last for at least 100,000 miles (160,934 k's)

Did they lift the bonnet?
Did they NOT notice the engine didn't have spark plugs?
How did they check the tyre presure?  Kick the tyre I bet.

What is 1 or 2 cent rounding all about?
What is Used car Policy?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "eye30"
I would not go there again as they appear not to know the difference between petrol and diesel cars or what CRDI stands for.

Go back and ask for the labour charge for fitting spark plugs and see what they say.

I'm new to diesel cars BUT I know they don't have spark plugs but glow plugs which according to my dealer will last for at least 100,000 miles (160,934 k's)

Did they lift the bonnet?
Did they NOT notice the engine didn't have spark plugs?
How did they check the tyre presure?  Kick the tyre I bet.

What is 1 or 2 cent rounding all about?
What is Used car Policy?

A lot of the wording on the invoice is obviously standard and they didn't bother to modify it for my car... They actually offer quite good service (at least they are polite and friendly)

No idea what used car policy is about the rounding is normal as we don't have 1 or 2 cent pieces any more (smallest denomination of coin is 5c) everything is rounded up or down to nearest 5c.

(unless you are paying by Card or Cheque)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
eye30 has a very good point. How much labour was involved changing the spark plugs, which (a) didn't need changing and (b) don't exist.

Don't let this go Dazz - there's some strange things on that invoice

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

the rounding is normal as we don't have 1 or 2 cent pieces any more (smallest denomination of coin is 5c) everything is rounded up or down to nearest 5c.

Question:
Why then have items priced at 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 cents?

Seems "irish" to me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Don't you just love the way they list all those checks to fluff out the bill.. Checked the battery levels..  :idea:  There are a lot of Irish immigrants in Australia  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "Shambles"
eye30 has a very good point. How much labour was involved changing the spark plugs, which (a) didn't need changing and (b) don't exist.

Don't let this go Dazz - there's some strange things on that invoice

Still probably the cheapest Dealer service anyone has got so far so mustn't be too pedantic...

anyway.. got to go to work this morning (hopefully the last Saturday I'll have to do paid work for a long time)

although when start building next month I'll be doing unpaid work  :cry:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

If you buy say 3 items at say 67 cents each they charge you $2 (Not $2.01) It kind of averages out.

and they still use the $2.99 special etc... which sounds heaps cheaper than $3.00 (but you still pay $3 each unless you buy more than two)

If you can't physically pay the calculated price then it should be law which says you can only price in multiples of 5c.

A few years ago I was on holiday in Malta.  You could pay in £GBP or £Maltise.
If the shop did not have enough small change they would give you sweets as change.  
BUT next time you went into the shop and tried to pay in sweets you got a very nice polite NO.  One rule for then and no rule for the shopper.

No matter how it's bundled -still sounds "Irish" to me

Offline CHB

• 2nd Gear
Quote from: "donc"

Have any of you checked to see if this is the window? Or is it definaely the seat belt? Mine's developed something too..its a small rattle that occurs on maybe some rough or higher speed roads...but when i wind down part of the passenger window the noise stops? Mine's coming up to 7.5k soon too so will be taking it in for a service in 2 weeks or so.

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
My 15,000 service today cost A$150.70 ($189 special less my oil supplied) Bet they would have showed a bigger charge for the oil if I was paying for it!

There's no way they would have only charged me $38.30 for 5 litres of fully synthetic oil (Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30 usually retails for over $50)

They charged me $114 for Labour $23 for parts including oil filter + $13.70 GST

Interestingly the Invoice says they put new spark plugs in which would be great (but I wasn't charged for them....Strange  :? ) So I doubt that happened....

With these modern cars it's hard to tell much difference in the driving after a service...

Motors Hyundai in Launceston charge over $300 for the 15,000 km service. Seems to be a big difference between dealerships.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi K-K

It was an adverstised statewide special which I think finished the day after I got mine done...in August and September it was $189 including a free $25 fuel card... I just missed out on that but still relatively cheap.

I would have gone to my mates at Hi-tune in Devonport if Motors wanted $300 for the service. I reckon I'll take the Tiida to Hi-tune for its 10,000 in a couple of months...

We'll have to catch up for a cuppa some time... I saw a few i30's in Lonny last week (was up there Tuesday and Saturday.. but no red ones  ;)

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
Had a 7500 oil change today at Sunco in Nambour. Charged me $160.65 all up which included $65.05 for Santa Fe Diesel Engine Oil.

What oil do other owners use or recommend?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Check this out Duke.. From a June posting.. heaps of info including a PDF from Hyundai

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
Ah Dazzla, there is nothing there to check out.........

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: "Duke750"
Ah Dazzla, there is nothing there to check out.........

Sorry Duke must have had a senior moment...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137

Offline Duke750

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Buderim
Thanks for that Dazzla.

The pdf from Hyundai did not mention Santa Fe Diesel Engine Oil. Also Google does not find anything. I assume that this is something that was developed or branded specifically for Hyundai?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No Probs Duke..

There are a lot of fully synthetic oils that meet the B4 standard (don't think the list is definitive by any means)

By the way I have been using Castrol Edge Sport 5W-30 which usually retails for around $50 but is on special (in Aus) for $29.95 at supercheap until 16/11/08

for 5 litres (the CRDi is supposed to take 5.3 litres but 5 litres seems to do the trick as when they drain it a bit stays in the system...)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal