i30 Owners Club

Ring around and check service costs

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
I know this has been discussed before, but please ring around and check service costs from dealers before booking in!  I only ever take it to Hyundai dealers to avoid any finger pointing and blame should a warranty issue occur.  Diesel Manual 30000k service by the book.  I rang my closest dealer, Wild West Hyundai in Wangara, $760 !!!  Next closest Midland Hyundai much better at $560.  Then I called John Hughes where I purchased the car from - $409.  I made her double check she was looking at the correct interval!!  It pays to shop around.

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
That almost qualifies for a department of fair trading investigation !

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

Yeah its pretty rude, glad I checked and will be from now on.

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

• MY09, SLX CRDI, Moonlight Blue, 5sp man
Thanks for that Lucifer.  I bought mine through Private Fleet, but it was supplied by John Hughes.  It is almost due for its 12 month/15000 service - even though there's only 4500km on the clock lol.  Can you remember what you paid for the 15000km service?  John Hughes is the closest dealer to our place in Perth.

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

$205.94 at John Hughes in Welshpool.  I paid an extra $31.31 as well for a new air cleaner element.  They were doing heaps of roadworks on the Great Northern Highway just south of Bindoon and she was sucking in copious amounts of dust in that first period.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly
ouch! there does need to some monitoring of this. slight variation is fine but not that much!

interestingly i received a satisfaction survey thing from hyundai this week and one of the questions is something about will you take it to the dealership you bought car from for your services.

i noticed however the survey has no area for other comments or general feedback apart from yes or no answers, which is a shame.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

That sounds very reasonable.  I was expecting around $400-$500.  I took the car to JH in Welshpool for its 1000km service.

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
i booked my car in today for its 1000k service (free but i'm getting them to change oil to)
they did ask 'oh is this one of 'our' cars'?
i couldn't help but wonder what difference did that make.......

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
ouch! there does need to some monitoring of this. slight variation is fine but not that much!

interestingly i received a satisfaction survey thing from hyundai this week and one of the questions is something about will you take it to the dealership you bought car from for your services.

i noticed however the survey has no area for other comments or general feedback apart from yes or no answers, which is a shame.
there is nothing that says you cant write a short letter and staple it to the survey sheet. :razz:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was thinking the same thing....
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
i was already considering that but sometimes non dedicated things get 'lost' but certainly no harm in sending a bit extra anyway  :)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
if the price of a service varies from dealer to dealer,maybee spare parts and options do also :idea:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Yet they maintain national vehicle pricing !

Suspect, at the very least !

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

I told all 3 that all I wanted was a service as per the handbook, and they replied that is what they were quoting on.  The most expensive place had an optional 'engine oil flush' and 'injector clean' neither of which I want done to my car, which only amounted to something like $60.  The woman kept offering me a chance to speak to her boss to negotiate I told her not to bother I'll call somewhere else.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
It just stands to reason, if they are not selling as many cars as things get tight. they have to recover $ in service department.
Hyundai send out questionares to get feed back on dealers.
i think there pricing on service parts is high for made in Korea, as our exchange rate is good. also i can not understand why the service's cost so much when i have looked at what has to be done and it is easy to carry out. i think they over charge on hourly rate and over quote on the time it takes. also over chage on service parts and oil, but that's how it has always been for as long as i can remember with any dealer. also looking back i can't remember having to have major warranty work done on any car or truck i've bought. but five years is a long time, just remember they only warrant broken parts not normal wear and tear, if you wear something out i doubt very much that is covered.
think about it.
cheers

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
if the price of a service varies from dealer to dealer,maybee spare parts and options do also :idea:

i think they would sadly. don't we have a thread where even just the ipod cable accessory has varying pricing with some paying over $100 for it? my dealer says its "only" $75 (even that is too much imo but anyway)

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

John Hughes offers a mobile service for scheduled servicing (in Perth metro area only).  I'm going to find out if it costs anymore than it would if I were to take the car to their service centre.

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

I think they slug $45 or so extra to do it mobile.  I prefer to take it in as its easier for them to do something out of the ordinary instead of just leaving it and ticking the box.  For instance they dont have a hoist in their van - so they wouldnt spot any problems with suspension or exhaust etc.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I use the John Hughes mobile service and it costs around $12 extra. But if you book on-line you get a $9.09 discount and if you are a Shoprite member (free to join) you get a further $10.91 off so it ends up being free +++.  I just had the 30,000 km service done with John Hughes mobile service & it cost me $451 with me supplying own oil & that included a replacement fuel filter. I have that invoice in front of me, but from memory the 7500 & 15000 km services were around $170 (with me supplyimg oil).
I get the same mechanic every time which is good and I find him very obliging & willing to help.
DVG Midland were expensive with their pricing & I haven't been back there since its 1000 km "service."
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I guess fuel filter ($130 odd) and airoil filters (about $60 the pair I think) bumps things up... :idea: Maybe they replaced the pollen filter too? (another A$60 or more)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Just the fuel filter at $109.45, air filter @ $32.82. It does bump it up but I'm ok for another 15k. The mechanic agrees that because I'm doing the kms quickly, in the city, with good oil, the 7500 interval would be wasting money.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So you supplied the oil filter and the oil???

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

No just the oil. The oil filter was $25.77.
The service included brake fluid flush, tyre rotation front to back, back to front, fuel injector cleaner etc
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I get a really good deal  :wink: 

But I'll have to supply Fuel, air and oil filters at the 60000 service... (will be up to 52,000 soon)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I get a really good deal  :wink: 

But I'll have to supply Fuel, air and oil filters at the 60000 service... (will be up to 52,000 soon)

Dazz, i think 15,000k interval too long, no matter what, i would not go over 10,000k so i have the 7,500k service done. but only have oil filter changed @ 15,000k. i think the fuel filter is a rip off price, as M Benz diesel fuel filters less than hald the price. how can they justify there prices for made in Korea parts?

Offline silveri30uk

• 2nd Gear
Yes, this applies to the UK too. Save around £75 to £110. I also fill up the windscreen washer the night before, save £3-£4. Buy my own oil-same grade as recommended by Hyundai, save £15. Take an empty can to take away old oil, save £10. Change all the wipers, tyres, and light bulbs, if necessary before the service, save £xxx.
I make sure I put this in writing and hand this to the receptionist before the service so they don't over charge me.

In the recession, we need to save money-what can you do?

mvasseur
No just the oil. The oil filter was $25.77.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm shocked! My first service, which was a check-up and an oil change (where I provided the oil) came up to $19.77, oil filter included! :D

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
our cars are up for the 15,000km service in about another 5,000kms,and its only $240 each car [ both 2.0 petrol] no matter what they check, change or top up. :mrgreen: [dandenong hyundai]

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

our cars are up for the 15,000km service in about another 5,000kms,and its only $240 each car [ both 2.0 petrol] no matter what they check, change or top up. :mrgreen: [dandenong hyundai]

The 15000 service is cheaper because only needs oil and oil filter not air filter etc... 

Dazz, i think 15,000k interval too long, no matter what, i would not go over 10,000k so i have the 7,500k service done. but only have oil filter changed @ 15,000k. i think the fuel filter is a rip off price, as M Benz diesel fuel filters less than hald the price. how can they justify there prices for made in Korea parts? 

At the mileage (kilometerage) I'm doing at the moment 15000 km's works out at about every 6 months ... I think that's often enough. She gets lots of 50km+ trips each week and she seems happy enough (If she starts complaining as much as the missus I'll reconsider (or trade her in.. :lol:)

Offline MelWA

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      W.A.

I forgot to report at the time of service in January, that it cost $321 for the 12 month/15,000km service at JH in Welshpool.  Car had only done about 6500km at that stage.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal