i30 Owners Club

Servicing Schedules

Offline Weston Coyney

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Staffordshire
This is my first experience of Hyundai.I've had a few new cars over the years but this is the first time that the manufacturer's handbook pack has not contained any information on what maintenance tasks are to be carried out at the various service intervals. The service book merely has spaces for the requisite stamps at 12,500 mile/12 month intervals and that's it.
How am I to know what should or shouldn't be done at each service? It seems to leave the vehicle owner completely at the mercy of the dealership. No doubt they're awfully nice chaps and all that, but how can I check anything if the schedules aren't published? Anyone care to comment?
Reading some of your posts it's clear that some of you are even more cynical about car dealers than I am, so I'm guessing you've found a way forward! 

Pip
Not sure where you are cobber but my book itemises what is to be done. Are you sure you have looked at all your documentation?

Offline QSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Australia - Stone Black i30 SX CRDI Auto
Somewhere around page 16 in your Service Passport book you should find the info you are looking for

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The Owners Guide shows what's expected in the "Maintenance" section. I just checked the downloadable manual (pdf) and it's at section 7.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Weston Coyney

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Staffordshire
Sorry, I obviously did not make myself clear. What I'm asking is: When I take my car in to the dealer at 12,500 miles what maintenance tasks will be performed?
Now I have dutifully read all the supplied booklets from cover to cover and there is no reference to this.
Apologies to you folks in the Antipodes; things are apparently a bit different for us poms. We don't get a "Service Passport" just a very thin 8-page booklet 'Routine Maintenance Information' -- the joke being that there is no actual information, just spaces for the dealer stamps!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
... things are apparently a bit different for us poms...

Not that different :eek:

The maintenance schedule in the manual says what needs to be done at each interval, and the dealership will do those things.

Here's one of my schedules

Offline caecilius

• 2nd Gear
OP is correct for the UK - just been through ALL my paperwork and NOWHERE does it detail the work to be done.

Obviously diff. in Oz.

Will get a copy of the schedule posted and keep it as a check for MY 1st service :twisted:

(Not that I don't trust them or anything (at least no further than I can kick a battleship) :lol:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I've had several problems with (a differnet manufacturer) main dealer failing to do all the work on the check list. Suff like not replacing the sparkplugs, and a favourite, saying thnecey have replaced the brake fluid, but not doing it.

Also on my old car they have been saying for 3 years it needs new discs and pads. Well they lasted 3 years and are still not completely worn out.

I always double check the work they have done.

Somehow they always remember to grease the bonnet catch and battery.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
OP is correct for the UK - just been through ALL my paperwork and NOWHERE does it detail the work to be done.

Obviously diff. in Oz.

Will get a copy of the schedule posted and keep it as a check for MY 1st service :twisted:

(Not that I don't trust them or anything (at least no further than I can kick a battleship) :lol:

Isn't this at odds with Shambles' quote above?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline caecilius

• 2nd Gear
Yes it is :-[

Only just spotted that Shambles is in the UK (albeit somewhat north of Watford  :))

Obviously the folks Oop North get better service than we effete Southerners!

Or have Hyundai changed their approach - all I have is a service booklet with space for a stamp at each service.

Offline Weston Coyney

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Staffordshire
I've had several problems with (a differnet manufacturer) main dealer failing to do all the work on the check list. Suff like not replacing the sparkplugs, and a favourite, saying thnecey have replaced the brake fluid, but not doing it.

Also on my old car they have been saying for 3 years it needs new discs and pads. Well they lasted 3 years and are still not completely worn out.

I always double check the work they have done.

Somehow they always remember to grease the bonnet catch and battery.

Just the sort of stuff that worries me, and quite similar to my own experiences. Thanks for that. As my mate used to say: "first item on the service schedule - grease seats and steering wheel!"

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Yes it is :-[

Only just spotted that Shambles is in the UK (albeit somewhat north of Watford  :))

Obviously the folks Oop North get better service than we effete Southerners!

Or have Hyundai changed their approach - all I have is a service booklet with space for a stamp at each service.

I think that what Shambles is showing is the dealer service checklist which you get a copy of AFTER the service is completed for your records.
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
There is NO detailed check list in the documents I received with my car.

Same as Shambles, I've got the checklist provided by the dealer to service year 1 and 2.

If you ask your dealer they will provide the check lists.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Weston Coyney

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Staffordshire
Very many thanks for the checklist Shambles. Just what I was looking for. Did try to e-mail you but couldn't get past the fuzzy letters -- then my system crashed at a vital moment!

Offline lvarella

• 2nd Gear

• br Brazil
      Rio de Janeiro
... things are apparently a bit different for us poms...

Not that different :eek:

The maintenance schedule in the manual says what needs to be done at each interval, and the dealership will do those things.

Here's one of my schedules

Here in Brazil we got the same information on what need to be done on each schedule.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Hope this helps.
Can't believe they aren't in your Service Passbook. They are several pages before the actual Scheduled Maintenance validations.
You'll need to copy the image and enlarge to read them.

[deleted]

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^-- that's the difference I think...

Australian  Scheduled Maintenance

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Ahhh!
We've got it all Down Under.
Sunshine, surf, the Outback, A proper i30 service schedule, the Four Nations Trophy. :D

ps. Don't mention cricket. It doesn't count. :lol:

Offline QSR

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Australia - Stone Black i30 SX CRDI Auto
Ahhh!
Sunshine, surf, the Outback, A proper i30 service schedule, the Four Nations Trophy. :D

ps. Don't mention cricket. It doesn't count. :lol:

You forgot to mention "Well Endowed"...... Down Under :lol: :lol: :wink: :cool:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Ahhh!

:-[
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if