i30 Owners Club

First Service - Not happy

Bel680 · 14 · 4958

Offline Bel680

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Bluebelle when in on Monday, hubbie took her since I couldn't get time off work to..

I booked her in and was told 20 minutes tops to service her and Hubbie would be ok to wait while they did it..on the day he waited 2 and a half hours.. no one checked he was ok waiting, or anything, poor form IMHO.

I asked him to also bring up that the tint had not settled with the dealer.. they told him it hadn't been 21 days yet and to wait and see, if it's not gotten any better by now I can't see how a few more days will help, its started to peel in one corner and the bubbling around the rear window hasn't changed.. it's not going to without help, and I'm not keen to play with it and have them say I've voided the "warranty" on it.

But the bit that has really pissed me off  :evil:, is they while they took my car for a short test drive.. they moved my seat, my mirrors, and didn't move them back, but more to the point, they ate food in her and spilt gravy or something similar all over my shifter and the surround.

I really hope they pick up their customer service/care on my next service, or I'll be getting someone else to service her...

I did call the aftercare lady today about the tint, she tells me they'll need my girl for the day to check/fix the tint..but she tells me it can wait until my next service.. no rush....! I let her know I was not happy about all the above, she'll take it up with the service manager for me... and you can bet I'll be taking the time off work for her next service.
  • SX MY11 Vivid Blue Hatch - Bluebelle

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that (I'm nearly as cranky as you about it)  :mad:

If it were me I would ask to speak to the Dealer Principal by phone or face to face (The boss of the whole site) and document you concerns...  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Yeah. I wouldn't be waiting till the next service.
What's with the 21 days on the tint?
I've never had any issues from day one on tints.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Pip
Not sure I'd expect the driving position returned after the test drive... it would be nice though. In light of the other failures it's a minor nit.

Ate food in your car?? Surely not! Are you sure?? I would hit the roof on that one.

In any case I'd pursue all your beefs immediately and firmly and as soon as they were all fixed I'd then start planning who will service her next time.

If they are hopeless now they won't improve... vote with your feet... I did.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dealers charge massive coin for service so you should expect nothing but perfection.

Eating in the car is a massive no no for me. Apart from the fact that no one eats in my car, my daughter is anaphalatic to nuts so we avoid any food with traces. You can bet old mate taking the 'test drive' to get lunch isn't as careful.

The tint is an issue that should be fixed at a time of your choosing (I suspect the next service suggestion is a ruse to get you back there and pocket the coin for the 15000 service.

There are many reaons I am using my trusted local mechanic rather than Hyundai. Most involve not being ripped off (saved $150 of the quoted dealer price for the 15000 service alone). If something goes wrong I speak with him direct in person, and he fixes the problem there and then. Which is a nice change.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Hi Bel680

I'm with Pip on this..  I would defiantly be speaking with them immediately and let them know very clearly you are unsatisfied with their performance. As for the tinting there should be no issue here, mine was done not long before I picked it up and all was AOk.. I'd be demanding immediate, not next service, resolution to this! :mad:

My dealer regularly sends me letters asking for me to complete a survey Hyundai Australia will be sending for feedback on their dealership and service quality. I have completed these twice in the last six months and I guess most owners would be getting something similar.. wonder if you have ever had such a request, be a great way to vent your dissatisfaction to where it belongs.. :winker:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Did you get a separate warranty card and/or care instructions from the dealer when your car was first tinted? If so it may have stipulated what you could expect to happen with your tint. I got one when I had mine tinted and it warned me to not open the windows for, I think, a week? It also warned against washing the tint for at least 2 weeks....

Offline Ozbrum

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Mandurah, WA
Hi Bel680, sorry to hear about that ...  :rolleyes: .. Are we talking first service as in the 1000km service ? If so this is bad BIG TIME, You've received real good advice here to your post, but one to highlight is Dazzler's and go to the top speak to the 'Dealer Principal' and say what you've told us ..... What I would have done if it was my post and I'd been treated in such a deplorable .. "Well we've sold you the car now attitude"  is to tell everyone WHO it was ....

There are a lot of silent readers taking notes here Bel  :o .

I would have said Hubbie had taken my lovely new Bluebelle in to 'AHG's Rockingham Hyundai' and 'Would you believe it .................. ?'  :evil:

Your first service should at the very least include a wash/vacuum and minor detail from most reputable dealers ....eating of food in the car or spilt gravy .. they would have called the police after I'd expressed my anger.

The moving of the seat and mirrors mm !! not too bad at least he was driving it safely as he took his girlfriend out for morning tea of roastbeef/gravy rolls and to show her how FAST an i30 can go down the Forrest Highway ... just a little humour there to ease the pain  :'(

Hope things get better  :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
was told 20 minutes tops to service her .............. he waited 2 and a half hours..

:faint:

while they took my car for a short test drive.. they ate food in her and spilt gravy or something similar all over my shifter and the surround.

:eek:

I'd be back asking for an explanation on both of these and compo when the tint gets done
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that's not good PR on their behalf,to muck you around and put food everywhere is a joke.  :faint: :o i think its time we had a name and shame thread on the forum.  :idea:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Bel680

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks for all the advise guys, I'm going to make the time to go in and see the Dealer Principal, hopefully on Monday if I can get home in time.

Indeed Oz is right It was at AHG's Rockingham Hyundai, and its seams very much a we've sold you the car and now we don't care kind of thing, my extremely helpful sales guy just fobbed me off to the After care lady, which was disappointing after how helpful he was when we were looking at the car..

I'll let you know how I go.
  • SX MY11 Vivid Blue Hatch - Bluebelle

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Rest assured we all will be there with you..remember that when you talk to these guys.. :goodjob:

Offline scottie

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne
    • Cranbourne Hyundai
thats not good at all! by all mean's thats not the experience we want any hyundai customer to have! with the tint i would get that seen to immediately and also when speaking to the DP i would suggest either a discount on your next service or atleast a full detail for your vehicle if you are to bring it back to them again! also a curtosey vehicle!
the service department get's CSI results with your service with the survey that you will receive for your next 15,000km! so i would make not and tell them that and also if their is no outcome but i assure you their will be, ask to speak to hyundai's customer service hotline and make a complaint through that!
best of luck and i assure you that the first service should be 1 hour and 30min max and that's for a proper check over and booked in correctly! 20-30min is not correct!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal