i30 Owners Club

2010 i30 Windscreen Washer not working

Offline Nath6692

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Wales
Hi all,

My partner has a 2010 i30 and the windscreen washer doesn't work, both front and rear, I've checked the fluid and it is full, I've checked the fuse which seems fine and the pump is activating and making noise when trying to use the washer but no fluid is coming out. Not sure what else could be the issue or a potential fix for it, we've tried an independent garage but no luck, could maybe try a Hyundai dealership as a last option if there's no other suggestions.
Thank you.
  • 2010 i30

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Just a few ideas for you.

Does the motor make a noise when you activate the washer.
If no then probably need new unit. But if able to you may be able to get it tested.

Given cold weather are all hoses ice free.

If above ok then may be an obstruction in hose or jets blocked.

Open bonnet and trace hose from the washer bottle.
You should find a joiner.
Separate the line and gently blow air though one line at a time.

Also, I had blocked line which was due to the concentrate congeling and was like a rubber stopper. Had to clean out by putting hose pipe in holder and flushing through.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Nath6692

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      North Wales
Yeah the motor makes noise, the issue happened quite a while ago, before all this cold weather so it must be a blockage somewhere then, will try to have a look at that. Thanks for the advice
  • 2010 i30

Offline Car_Losg

• 1st Gear

• es Spain
      Barcelona
Good evening. It is possible that you have a blockage in the pump filter. This link shows how to access it

:https://youtu.be/-lMtsw5SlCU?si=3tk0B4ylro-jgvcB

Best regards
  • 2012 GD 5 door hatch, petrol 1.4lt, manual white

Online BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
A friend of mine had a Rover 75 and they used to put dish washing liquid in the water instead of proper screenwash. When the washers stopped working I found that what was in the fluid reservoir had turned into a thick gloopy gunge. I pulled the pump off the reservoir, let the gunge ooze out, rinsed the reservoir out with a hose, re-fitted the pump, re-filled with screenwash, washers worked fine.
  • i30 CRD

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
I used to be annoyed at the dealership services, when the would drain my rainx washer fluid and replace it with their own.  I now realise they did this to prevent the sludge build up that occurs when just topping off the reservoir.  Even with clean water and good additives, a slime will build up at the bottom of the tank. to combat this I got some thin nylon water hose ( the type used for plumbing fridges with icemakers or under bench water filters ) and made the end  into a sprayer with a soldering iron and a bit of crimping.  I then fed the spraying end to the bottom of the tank and "pressure washed"  the gunk out with normal tap pressure through the modified sprayer. I run the hose until the water overflowing from the tank neck runs free from the broken up slime chunks.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal