i30 Owners Club

Are the bumpers on the i30 Turbo interchangeable with the normal i30?

Offline ProjectRallyGT

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario
So being in Canada, Hyundai made the stupidest decision ever and kept the i30 Turbo out of our market for fear that it would canabilize sales of the Veloster Turbo. However, as part of my build project, I'd really love to source the front and rear bumper covers of the Turbo, so that I can install them on my car. The question is, will the Turbo bumper covers fit?

Does anyone know the answer to this? The rear looks like it would fit rather easily, but it appears as though Hyundai changed the headlights slightly on the Turbo, so I'm not sure the front would fit perfectly.
  • 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (i30) 1.8MPI 6M

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The headlight shape look the same to me, it was just a nose cone change in the turbo, you'd probably have to get a new front impact foam off the turbo as well.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The rear bumper would be more of a concern, the 3 doors are slightly different on the rear end to the 4/5 doors.

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :wts:
Judging by the pictures, I agree they're the same and only the nose panel needs to change. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline ProjectRallyGT

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
      Ontario
Thanks guys. I think the newer design of the Turbo's headlights is what was throwing me off.

I would be looking to source the 5 door Turbo parts anyway to make sure they were as close a fit as possible.

Cheers!
  • 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (i30) 1.8MPI 6M

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal