i30 Owners Club

Clean your Diesel Fuel

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
For those who have / are in trouble with diesel fuel quality, this link may be helpful. I haven't tried it, but I am considering it. Manufactured in Oz, so not sure if our cousins overseas can obtain it easily or not.  :)

http://www.fuelmaster.net.au/?gclid=CKL54-vQxKwCFURV4godb0rsqQ
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :oops:    Tried it, in my car that is!

Offline Ultralights

• 3rd Gear
  • yay, me.

• au Australia
      Sydney

• He loves nature in spite of what it did to him..
stops "pinging"..... really,   in a diesel,   that requires so called pinging to run.  hence diesels are made of cast iron usually so they can withstand the forces induced with heat ignition..
  • SLX CRDI U2

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Can be used in petrol engines, I guess that's what they were making reference to.  :neutral:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Received a reply to my enquiry today

Available through resellers in Qld, Nsw & Vic only.

Sizes are 1Lt    $    50
                5Lt    $  218
              20Lt    $  768
            200Lt    $6800

Add 10% GST on all of the above.

1Lt Delivery fee $10.00 + GST anywhere in Oz

BTW, I have absolutely NO affiliation with the company or product, thinking about trying it though.

The dilution rate is 4000:1 so it goes a long way & seems to be cheap insurance against water intrusion, fungal growth etc.  :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the research Phil... I did 68,000 kms in 28 months without an issue in my CRDi and many others on here have had their Diesels for more than 3 years (or done more than 100,000 kms) without an issue, but as you say some may opt for the insurance  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Well lindlake is currently forking out significant $ for repairs because, according to Hyundai, he got bad fuel. At 18.75 c / fill, if it does what it says....... well.

I'm really pleased that most people are not subject to fuel reliability issues, but  the integrity of the fuel is up to the service station owner. Even if the fuel is not bad, this gear effectively deals with water as well. I think I just talked myself into it.  :wacko:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hey Phil, I'll play the devil's advocate here.. How do we know it really works  :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Well we believe everything that's on the web, don't we.  :eek:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Phil if you have some now can't see it hurting anything. but as i have said i like to stick to the same servo keep recepts. as if i have trouble & hyundai blame fuel i can go to the servo, they can see there supplier and sort Hyundai out. or Hyundai can sort them out, eather way your covered. but ask that products supplier will they 100% back there product.
good luck with it.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I have emailed the chap and asked him to provide some reputable companies that use this product. If he can't or won't, then neither will I.   :neutral:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good thinking  :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Phil, a few guys with Trucks i know that cover a lot of k's, & some other guys with common rail Vans & utes have told me they use Wynnes Diesel Treatment every 5,000k. also many moons back i think we had a guy post here that said a Bus company use Wynnes diesel treatment and claim economy gains & power gains. well i use & have used wynnes diesel treatment twice in my CRDi 6 speed @ 5,000k & 10,000k its $29 a bottle @ supercheap well have i noticed a gain? no, but have not noticed a loss eather so will keep useing it. just thought i'd tell you.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Lakes
Thanks for that, it is worth considering. :goodjob2:

If your following poor lindlake, looks like he's up fro $2000 to replace his injectors. The gear I'm looking at is 18.75  cents / fill @ 60 litres. I'm waiting for a response from the supplier & will decide from there.  :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Lakes
Thanks for that, it is worth considering. :goodjob2:

If your following poor lindlake, looks like he's up fro $2000 to replace his injectors. The gear I'm looking at is 18.75  cents / fill @ 60 litres. I'm waiting for a response from the supplier & will decide from there.  :)
have not seen lindlakes posts? sorry to hear that. the service tech i use told me when i had Betsy that the reason he thinks fuel filter should be changed @ 30,000k is injectors are very expencive changing filter helps stop wear & tear. as well as only use diesel from the big 4 keep recepts. were is Lindlakes thread?

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Have just obtained a reply from the supplier ( refer reply #10)

He is unable to supply any reputable companies using this product, due to confidentiality reasons. He did supply an un-headed document, unsigned & of dubious authenticity attesting to the value of the product. So I guess, caveat emptor.  :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the update Phil  :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have just obtained a reply from the supplier ( refer reply #10)

He is unable to supply any reputable companies using this product, due to confidentiality reasons. He did supply an un-headed document, unsigned & of dubious authenticity attesting to the value of the product. So I guess, caveat emptor.  :(

Thanks Phil, if you look at very old posts you might see mention of a product thumper used & i think a guy named Teapot??? used it too, well a guy at work told me to use it & i did on betsy my 5 speed for about the first year or so i think it was made by chemtech an Aussie company i used it mainly to stop Algea as a friend got that and had to have his tank removed cleaned out ( big job ). but the servo i go to i know the Aussie owner so if i had trouble i'm sure he would help contact supplier. but don't want trouble. never had a problem once in Trucks at work i drive sometimes, could ask Fleet Serve what they use as they service the trucks and a lot of long range diesel trucks for big companies. every time they service one of the trucks i drive i can feel the improvement. but when Toyota service the new Hi ace van i can't tell any difference just its been washed LOL.
if i get time i'll go to Fleet serve & ask if they use a diesel treatment product

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Phil, if you look at very old posts you might see mention of a product thumper used & i think a guy named Teapot??? used it too,

:rofl: That would be Eyma Teapot.. Ironically I was only talking to James on facebook a day or two ago and suggested he visit us (he was concerned he might not remember his password)

Offline Mel

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney

• 2010 I30 CW SLX CRDI Auto
If you add something to the fuel and have a problem who would be responsible? The fuel company would blame the additive company and vice versa so I would be hesitant in adding something to the fuel as it may effect the warranty if the fuel was tested and found to contain and additive that may have caused a problem.
I personally have used vortex diesel in my car and have only had one issue with water in the fuel after floods in country NSW late last year. This was caught by the fuel filter and while annoying (I had only just replaced the fuel filter)  a flush and new filter and the problem was fixed. I was told I could have taken the bill to Caltex as I have a log book and all fuel receipts but couldn't be bothered with the hassle. It is normally about 4c per litre more expensive than your average diesel price and I find worth the money (IMO)
cut and paste from the Caltex website:
Our Vortex Diesel is an Australian first. It cleans the vehicle's fuel system as you drive and has been formatted with the latest diesel technology in mind.
Vortex Diesel contains an anti-foaming agent that significantly reduces the risk of splashing. It also eliminates most of the odours that are associated with traditional diesel fuel.
We believe it's the most refined fuel for advanced turbo-diesel engines on the market.
Key benefits:
    Cleans the engine while driving
    Improves engine efficiency
    Reduces foaming to prevent splashback
    Suitable for all diesel-powered vehicles

• 2010 CW SLX CRDI auto

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Mel good point there, but as i use Wynnes every 5,000k @ $29 a small bottle, and Caltex Vortex from same servo, with a tank or too of Shell & sometimes BP BUT HAVE EVERY RECEPT. if there was trouble & Hyundai said its due to the fuel then the fuel company said its due to Wynnes, i think Wynnes being a very old company would stand by there product. a long time back pre vortex, a guy i know had water in diesel it hydraliced his motor so was up for a new motor, he had an account with a caltex servo, this was pre wooly's too. caltex covered the cost for repair. but i don't know if they still back there product now? you would have to check with Caltex. but i know for a fact that BP back all there fuel products. if you can prove thats all you use. so if anyone is worried just stick to BP keep recepts.

i'm sad to hear about  lindlakes problems and Hyundai's responce i think with the cost of a gunuine Hyundai fuel filter being higher than the cost of a M Benz diesel fuel filter they would garantee the injection i would be taking the matter to court & have service parts recepts to shame them.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal