Silver i30 CW

accim · 198 · 55365

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece
      Body lives in Athens, heart in Thessaloniki

• ...em ot keerG lla s'ti
That is, you have to check the wheel geometry every time you change back from one set to the other? Better buy a set of 195/65-15 :idea:
  • 1.4 HB Classic '09 White

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
That is, you have to check the wheel geometry every time you change back from one set to the other? Better buy a set of 195/65-15 :idea:

Yeah I know. The geometry is good for 185/65/15, but for 7Jx16 and 205/55/16, it turned out not to be. I never checked the geometry when changing winter/summer tires, on my previous cars, but the same thing (wearing out inside) happened to me on Accent, when going from 185/65/14 to 195/55/15. I'll see. Checking the wheel geometry will cost me 50 EUR and if I do it twice a year, that's 100 EUR. But still cheaper then buying new pairs of tires every year  :)

Emm what do you mean with the 195/65/15? That I should buy those for winter or summer? Because for me, they are "too tall" for summer and they bend in curves too much (when driving faster). The 16" also look better than the 15"  :-[ For snow, the 185's are better than 195..  :-\  hm

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Yeah I know. The geometry is good for 185/65/15, but for 7Jx16 and 205/55/16, it turned out not to be. I never checked the geometry when changing winter/summer tires, on my previous cars, but the same thing (wearing out inside) happened to me on Accent, when going from 185/65/14 to 195/55/15. I'll see. Checking the wheel geometry will cost me 50 EUR and if I do it twice a year, that's 100 EUR. But still cheaper then buying new pairs of tires every year  :)

Emm what do you mean with the 195/65/15? That I should buy those for winter or summer? Because for me, they are "too tall" for summer and they bend in curves too much (when driving faster). The 16" also look better than the 15"  :-[ For snow, the 185's are better than 195..  :-\  hm

195/65-15 for winter. But i wasn't aware of their grip on snow (haven't seen snow for many years now)... So stick with 185/65, is cheaper too :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hello!

Just to show the car is still alive. Although, some idiot scratched my rear bumper.. It's hardly noticeable, but still.. Not a virgin anymore..  :scared:

And a pic of a i30CW, that I saw the other day and it looked really great. Love the new aggressive look and the color was also interesting..

Here are some more pics after washing it..

And I saw something I really did not like. I saw this:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
hi accim.  :razz:  i would take the car to the dealers and show them the rust around the brake light,you still have 3 years warranty left.  :idea: :winker:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
hi accim.  :razz:  i would take the car to the dealers and show them the rust around the brake light,you still have 3 years warranty left.  :idea: :winker:

:whsaid: and thanks for the photos  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline agentr31

• Top Gear
  • LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld
scratch looks like it will buff off...

rust HRMM...

2 options, remove the light, scratch the paint off, rust kill it and use touch up paint OR

take it back and get it fixed at the panel beaters...

either way its RUST!!! and it should not happen!!! unless you drive on salted roads, then you have to expect it... the whole salt + iron = rust thing... but still shouldnt happen soo soon!!!!

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
scratch looks like it will buff off...

rust HRMM...

2 options, remove the light, scratch the paint off, rust kill it and use touch up paint OR

take it back and get it fixed at the panel beaters...

either way its RUST!!! and it should not happen!!! unless you drive on salted roads, then you have to expect it... the whole salt + iron = rust thing... but still shouldnt happen soo soon!!!!

Well, yeah. Where I live, there's a lot of salt on the road. From Nov till March at least.

Wait, I even posted a pic of it some time ago.. Oh yes, here it is:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Here's a new update. I'm booked for service on Tuesday  :winker:

Couldn't take much more pictures, because I was blocking the gas station. When I saw I've already hit 100k, I just went for the first stop to make the historical picture :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good one accim.. I got a 50K pix of my CRDi but never got it to the 100... :goodjob2:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hellllo! More more more pictures  :whistler: I haven't been taking them for some time now. I even forgot where my camera was. Yesterday I found it, and shot few pictures. Unfortunately I used wrong lens (the cheap ones), but ok, it doesn't really matter that much. Here they are, taken while I was waiting....and waiting..

Got it serviced the other day (100k). Also had them replace my front brake pads (month or two ago I had my rear changed). Now it stops like an animal again (don't know which animal stops really quickly?). They've also refilled my A/C gas, because the A/C wasn't working that well anymore and you could hear the gas. They've put some "dye" so they could check (in two weeks time) if the gas is "leaking" somewhere or it was just me, using too much A/C.

Anyways, the car feels much better again and runs smoother - you can really feel and hear, how the oil change (and of course all other things that were replaced) makes the engine run smoother.. I must say, I still love the car.. Hope it will run without problems for many more km to come.

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
Mmmm, the temperature gauge has values on it. . .  Mine just has lines.  (Aust 2010)
  • I30CW CrDi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nothing wrong with those pictures accim.. and she still looks like new  :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hehe, Thank you, I try to look after her as much as I can.

BC: Really? Didn't know they were different. Well, mine is 2008 (okay, almost 2009)  :) A lot of things changed since then   :wink:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Nice pics accim. I hope my baby looks as good as that in another 70000kms.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
yep, they're nice piccies....   :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

:goodjob2:
It is impossible to take a bad picture of an i30 :mrgreen:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thank you for the comments.

I have an update about the "rust issue". My dealer has informed me, that they've sent a request to the central Hyundai for approval to fix it (repaint) under warranty.

Should have more info about the issue within 2 weeks  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thank you for the comments.

I have an update about the "rust issue". My dealer has informed me, that they've sent a request to the central Hyundai for approval to fix it (repaint) under warranty.

Should have more info about the issue within 2 weeks  :goodjob2:

Seems your recent loyalty to the Hyundai brand is paying dividends ..We had a 2006 Getz , a 2008 i30 and now a 2010 i30 so hopefully we will be looked after if the need arises too... :whistler:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

But how this rust came up in the first place? I mean, isn't this a painted plastic surface? Can the paint itself, rust?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

But how this rust came up in the first place? I mean, isn't this a painted plastic surface? Can the paint itself, rust?

No it is on metal parts see post #154... :whistler:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

I thought that the spoiler on hatch-door was made of plastic :-[
Reckon it should be...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I thought that the spoiler on hatch-door was made of plastic :-[
Reckon it should be...

The spoiler like I put on Trish's car is plastic but accim doesn't have one (that is just part of the metal tailgate)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Yes, I don't have a spoiler. I even forgot to tell them about the rust at the service, but they spoted it themselves and already went into action.

Dazz: Trust me, we are very loyal to Hyundai and the service. I think we should get some more benefitst, beside -10% on service costs (ok I have it for free, but it comes handy for my father) and free replacement car (unlimited km) while ours is being serviced. Why? Well, in last hmmm..10 or 12 years we (my parents and me) bought there:

1.) Atos 1.0 (I think around '99)
2.) Accent 1.5 (y 2000)
3.) Elantra 1.6 (y 2004)
4.) Santa Fe 2.0 CRDi (y 2004)
5.) Accent 1.5 CRDi (y 2007)
6.) Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi (y 2007)
7.) i30CW 1.6 CRDi (y 2008)
8.) Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi (y 2009)
and 9.) i30 1.4 (y 2010) -> my future father in law

And there are some thoughts about checking the Santa Fe again in 2011 or 2012, I'd also like to check out the possibilites about new i30CW in future. Of course, ix35 or i40CW are the "dream cars", but..that's all they are. Dream cars for now ;)

They were all serviced there, and for example, all three Santa Fe's did 60-70.000 km/year. Ok, the last one does a bit under 50k, but still. So that's quite some cost for servicing. Hm I gotta send them the list to remind them  :whistler:

But I was also happy about solving the A/C issue. They filled up the gas on the 26th July and didn't charge me a dime for it so far. They said, we'll wait for a while to be sure I just ran out of gas "regullary" or if it was/is leaking somewhere. If it was just the gas, then I will pay for the fill up. But if they find out it is leaking and I end up without gas in 1-3 months, then it is some bigger issue. Why is that important? As I've said, I have warranty on till the end of November. And if there really is some bigger issue with the A/C, they say, the cost could be (roughly said) around 500 EUR. And if that's the case, they want to test the A/C as much as they can, before my warranty runs out, so they could replace it under warranty. We'll also do a check up in November, to see if some other things are about to go south, so we could replace them under warranty.

And about the rust issue. Pff don't know how/why it happened. Probably because of the salt on the roads in winter.. They've also told me, they had some "issues" with beige paint on i30.. But than again, it's much easier to spot it on silver/white/beige car then black/gray/red.. We'll see.

Huh, what a long post. I should resize my letters to 5pt or something like that :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Must be the salt I reckon accim (can't blame the Euro factory.... I think yours would be Korean built?)

Still shouldn't happen but atleast they are fixing it  :whistler:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Must be the salt I reckon accim (can't blame the Euro factory.... I think yours would be Korean built?)

Still shouldn't happen but atleast they are fixing it  :whistler:

Yap, mine is still Korean ;)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, got an update about the rust issue. They called me today and said it was approved to be fixed under warranty.. Thought I was kind of expecting it.

I'm booked on 5th Nov. (Monday) in the morning and the car should be finished the other day - 6th Nov. I'll also tell them to try and fix the two parts' where the car was scratched by chips from road - I wrote about it few pages ago I think. There's no rust there yet, but if they put few drops of paint over there I think it would be better.. Though I'm not sure how it would look.. We'll see..

Well, that's that  :goodjob:

Offline babis_xo

• V.I.P
  • 6* dummy

• gr Greece

Good news accim :goodjob:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Tomorrow I'm taking the car to have the rust issue fixed. Should be back on Wednesday. I know I should run away from the new vehicles in the "showroom". It will definitely be a struggle  :mrgreen: But that's not why I'm posting. I have few pictures of the i30 from the "vacation". Well, nothing special, just went away from work for few days to my gf's parent's "weekend house", which is still being built and is located approx 350 km away.

Her father and his brother have the properties and houses next to another. But the interesting thing was, I took my dog with us for the first time and we really had a lot of fun with him. He handled driving really really well (knock on wood, hoping the next time will be the same). We drove for approx 3 hours and 10 min in both directions. Stopped once to let him stretch his legs, to do his thing and gave him some water. I even went a bit below 200 km/h few times, and he didn't mind that either ;) He was laying down most of the time. He also had a friend down there (their dog Pekingese), which gave him the look and the growl few times  :mrgreen: And what I really liked was, that they have a fence (ok 2 fences) all around the property, so it was interesting to see the dogs running on more than 3 acres of land, without worrying of them doing harm to anyone.  At home, I can't let him go outside without a leash, because of the animals, that he loves to chase. I also have few older neighbors that are afraid of him, because of his strength, so never in my mind, I would let him run free outside. Enough about that, here are few pictures of the car(s) (mostly used my phone for taking pictures, so i don't have any nice pictures from the trip):

And the two stars, of the vacation (almost 40 kg vs 4 kg)  :cool:

It was even 40°C according to it, but by the time I reached for the phone, it went back to 39°C

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:45:45 by accim »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gald the trip with the dog went well accim  :goodjob: and thanks for the photos...

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal