i30 Owners Club

Chinese VCI Modules

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
Has anyone used these before on Australian i30 diesels?
  • 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline stapla

• 2nd Gear
I have same question regarding VCI clone, also if European version of GDS software supports 2011 i30 CRDi.

Initially looking to use VCI to link up 2 new remotes for central locking.  One died in pool, and another isn't working after taking fob apart.

Trying to avoid going to dealer for this $$  DIY is fun :)

Another project is learning about immobiliser chip ID46.  I have only 1 working and no spare.

Offline stapla

• 2nd Gear
I ended up getting a chinese VCI.  Seems to work fine with GDS and aussie CRDi i30. GDS seems to run best on windows 7.

I think in future no more updates for GDS for desktop computers.  I think its android tablet only.  This means for new models released this year and future may have issues with my GDS software.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I ended up getting a chinese VCI.  Seems to work fine with GDS and aussie CRDi i30. GDS seems to run best on windows 7.

I think in future no more updates for GDS for desktop computers.  I think its android tablet only.  This means for new models released this year and future may have issues with my GDS software.

Tell us more, how it works, cost , supplier etc etc, what things you've played with, I recently paid the dealer to code my injectors. have all the access codes so keen to do some extra remotes, maybe handy too for resets when playing with the steering I'd also like to replace down the road. Worry about calibrations etc.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I would be also interested about the things tw2005 mentioned. I guess there are different versions of the GDS as mine is virtual machine image (VM ware player) in windows xp operating system. It would be nice to know what GDS version works with VCI and with diesel engines.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline stapla

• 2nd Gear
The keys are the main bit I've been playing with.  I've got another thread in the general forum all about them.

I did click of some steering calibration thing.  It made me turn the wheel left and then right.  Seemed to work fine but didn't know exactly what I was doing.

I've also captured some telemetry data.  I used the trigger module to start the logging.  All the vitals from the car come up and can be replayed - eg throttle position in %

I don't have any DTC to clear so can't test that.  Can't see why it wouldn't work.

Some features of GDS software require internet / or dealer certification.  I don't have GDS dealer cert or the PIN for my car.  GDS dealer cert is available though for a little $$.

Normally you need PIN for new key immobiliser chips, but I used a "sniff/clone" method and didn't need it.  You don't need PIN for adding remote central locking FOBs.  I think dealer should / could give me my pin if I needed it. 

I got my VCI from a OBD2 seller in china.  Check alibaba or ebay.  Heres an example ebay link.  I got mine a bit cheaper.

:link: 2017 GDS VCI for HYUN-DAI with Trigger Module OBD2 Diagnostic Tool Code Reader | eBay

Offline stapla

• 2nd Gear
I would be also interested about the things tw2005 mentioned. I guess there are different versions of the GDS as mine is virtual machine image (VM ware player) in windows xp operating system. It would be nice to know what GDS version works with VCI and with diesel engines.

Europe version of GDS works for me.  I heard USA version doesn't have the diesel model support.

I think I installed 2010 base and then 2015 updates.  Installation and updates takes forever as its massive files.

Not sure how well vmware works with USB pass through ?  I'd be concerned if I was doing risky stuff like ECU update etc.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal