i30 Owners Club

Good to be aboard!

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi all,

A lot of you will recognise my name from the hyundai forums and also from caradvice.com. It would be hard not to notice such a silly name. My real name is James and i live in Canberra but please dont hold that against me!
My wife and I took delievery of our i30 in early Febuary. It is a Slx CRDi in steel grey. It has tinted windows and a rear spoiler. We also had it lowered about 40mm and on friday are getting a set of 18" alloys fitted. My wife drives it most of the time and leaves me to drive a clapped out Camry wannabe Hoden Apollo.
Our previous car ,the one we traded on the i30 was a 05 3.3l Hyundai sonata so am a big fan of the brand. We loved our Sonata but it was a bit heavy on the juice, not a problem with the i30.

Happy to have found you all here an looking foward to conversing with you all.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Do you drink a lot of tea?

EY  MA  TEA  POT
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "eye30"
Do you drink a lot of tea?

EY  MA  TEA  POT
Hey eye30, as I'm sure you will appreciate, "TeaPot" means a little more than meets the eye

Upto you to decide how exactly you interpret the phrase
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Eye 30,

I dont drink a lot of tea but make up for it in what i drink in beer. I am a homebrewer and make a pretty decent stout if i dont say so myself.
I picked the name Eyma teapot quite innocently. Wasnt are it had other meanings Shambles. I must of lived a shettled life.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You had me worried there for a minute! So Eyma you're short? and you make stout... that fits! :lol:

Dazz
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30Dave

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Adelaide, South Australia - Steel Grey SR i30
    • http://www.i30ownersclub.com
Glad you didn't mention the spout Dazz  :lol:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hey Eymateapot, look's like we have some sharp wit's and a few clowns here too :D  make's for more fun and enjoyment i'd say.
i'm always a bit care full drinking home brew, some of that stuff is real rocket fuel!
cheers John

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
You had me worried there for a minute! So Eyma you're short? and you make stout... that fits! :lol:
I just didnt get, it and all of a sudden it just dawned apon me while i was driving home for work .
I reckon you would be the life of the party am i right?
Your jokes would flow even easier after a couple of my home brews.

Hey ,maybe if the price of deisel keeps going up, i could run the i30 on home brew. Costs me just 50cents a litre to produce!

Cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks... I reckon Shambles would give me a run for my money...Thought I got my sense of humour from my dad who shot through when i was 7 (found him again when i was 32 - he's a pom...)

But my mum who was born in Naples Italy was a joker also (so it's all their fault)

Rgds,

Dazz ... and like your new Avatar  ;)

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Ah heck, another Canberrian!  :lol:

Quick question, are you getting your 18's fitted at a tyre place in Belconnen? If so, I was in there today, looking at 18's for mine and was told another i30 is already booked in on Friday to have the same wheels I was looking at, to be fitted.

Drat! Now I'll have to find some other wheels!  :D

(If you see a light silver i30 with HiD lighting, give me a wave!)

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "Lakes"
hey Eymateapot, look's like we have some sharp wit's and a few clowns here too :D  make's for more fun and enjoyment i'd say.
i'm always a bit care full drinking home brew, some of that stuff is real rocket fuel!
cheers John
Hey lakes,
Can the circus use one more clown?
As for your referance to homebrew being like rocket fuel, i was just suggesting to Dazz that maybe i could run my i30 on homebrew if deisel keeps going up? What do you think?

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "Thumper"
Ah heck, another Canberrian!  :lol:

Quick question, are you getting your 18's fitted at a tyre place in Belconnen? If so, I was in there today, looking at 18's for mine and was told another i30 is already booked in on Friday to have the same wheels I was looking at, to be fitted.

Drat! Now I'll have to find some other wheels!  :D

(If you see a light silver i30 with HiD lighting, give me a wave!)
Affirmative Thumper, Bob Jane ? 18" linear's?
Good tast mate, should look good, go ahead and get the same wheels, great minds think alike!
Hey, did you get it from Nat Caps or Melrose or an out of town dealer?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

We're a right little community... this is great :P

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Quote from: "EYMATEAPOT"
Affirmative Thumper, Bob Jane ? 18" linear's?
Good tast mate, should look good, go ahead and get the same wheels, great minds think alike!
Hey, did you get it from Nat Caps or Melrose or an out of town dealer?

Yup, same place for the wheels, as for the vehicle, well, was treated better by another dealership that is 250km away. (Not Sydney, the 'other' way)

Wagga Hyundai is the dealership of choice.  :P[/quote]

Yup! We sure do.  :lol:

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
[

Drat! Now I'll have to find some other wheels!  :x  They were fine on the rear but the front one rubbed against the brake callipers. So pissed off because i really loved those wheels. Apparantly they were'nt dished enough for the off set on the i30. I have to choose another set and am struggling big time. Something to be aware of for future referance because apparantly they are an unusual spec .Pics will have to wait. :cry:
Have you decided on an alloy yet?

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Bugger!  :roll:

Every other mag wheel I have found, I receive the response "Oh, not in the size you want (18x7.5 5 stud)" or "No longer made!" (But this is a new catalogue!)

Might have to bite the bullet and spend up big time for the 19's that come on the i30 Sport over in the UK. (While I am ordering the i30 Sport body kit)

If I can't get them into Australia, I'll just have to keep looking. *Sighs*

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "Thumper"
Bugger!  :roll:

Every other mag wheel I have found, I receive the response "Oh, not in the size you want (18x7.5 5 stud)" or "No longer made!" (But this is a new catalogue!)

Might have to bite the bullet and spend up big time for the 19's that come on the i30 Sport over in the UK. (While I am ordering the i30 Sport body kit)

If I can't get them into Australia, I'll just have to keep looking. *Sighs*
They look hot. I have had my car lowered a bit so it sits very much like the UK sports model.
Have you had yours lowered Thumper.
I have picked out a few alloys off the net that i hope will fit. Going to shop around tomorow to see if i can get them. Those alloys on the sports looked good but i doubt i have the money or the patience to get them.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Haven't lowered mine, yet. (Done just about everything else to it!)  :lol:

Yeah, I like those Hyundai Factory sports items. Waiting for an email back, requesting more information and prices from the UK.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal