• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Are you two a tag team?
As I've said before the only thing that got Australia through the GFC was Liberal's massive gift to the ALP on hand over.
It certainly wasn't because of any financial intelligence on the part of that idiot Swan.  :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I have to go out on a job now so I'll be absent for some hours but please, talk amongst yourselves until I get back.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Well, I'll be waiting for Joe to be awarded world's best treasurer as "Waynus" was, with baited breath...  :whistler:

Somehow I don't think that's gonna happen....

I've got three words for you, rustynutz. Hell...Freeze....Over. :rofl:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Are you two a tag team?
As I've said before the only thing that got Australia through the GFC was Liberal's massive gift to the ALP on hand over.
It certainly wasn't because of any financial intelligence on the part of that idiot Swan.  :rolleyes:
Anyhow, I have to go out on a job now so I'll be absent for some hours but please, talk amongst yourselves until I get back.  :D

I don't think anyone has denied that the surplus was a big help, but as the respected Euromoney magazine said, Swan still had to come up with the correct strategy. They also said he had "succeeded in getting most of the important decisions right'....

Read for yourself.... :whistler:

Euromoney said Mr Swan had been given the award "for his careful stewardship of Australia's finances and economic performance, both during and since the global financial crisis''.

But the magazine made clear it didn't think Mr Swan had single-handedly saved the nation's finances.

"Swan has undoubtedly been blessed with a number of advantages, including inheriting a sound economy and the natural resources bounty that has allowed Australian trade with China in particular to boom.

But he was credited with the correct strategy during the global financial crisis of 2007-08.

The magazine applauded his "swift response to stimulate the economy'' despite "strong opposition at home'' and said he had "succeeded in getting most of the important decisions right'.

"These include putting in place an exit strategy for the stimulus and sticking to it, imposing a fiscal discipline that many other finance ministers refusing to adopt,'' said the magazine's citation of Mr Swan.

"Swan continued to deliver this strong and steady performance despite political difficulties at home, in which his Labor Party only has the smallest possible majority through the support of independent MPs.''

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Rustynutz,.stop confusing Dave with the truth. You'll just do his head in. :rofl:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Actually, I'm a Costello fan too and who cares about awards. Substance is more important.

AFA women on the front bench absolutely plain ridiculous to put gender into the equation you guys who notice this sort of stuff, have been listening to Germaine Greer too much. If a woman has the skills, then she gets the job it's as simple as that. In fact IMO, it's somewhat discriminatory to be raising the issue of gender. I'm sure women are welcome in the coalition parties but they have to earn their positions, just like the blokes.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Rustynutz,.stop confusing Dave with the truth. You'll just do his head in. :rofl:

Here's to you, Dave....  :P

Offline kittikat

• 6th Gear
  • Purrrrfect (AKA Radar...)

• au Australia
      Sunbury, Vic
It's very easy to argue that gender doesn't matter when you are part of the gender that holds the power.

I don't care what your political affiliation, or whether you like whoever or don't like whoever.  I think it is horrifying that there is only one woman in the coalition that is considered good enough to be in cabinet.  'Knocking on the door'...... Absolute bullsh1t.

And yes, I do think it is important that there are more women in the Afganistan government than there is in ours.  The same as it is important to have Indiginous and Muslim and Jewish and every other minority represented in Parliament.

Rant over.
  • Dark Knight Kona Highlander 1.6l turbo aka Connor

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I think the "Respected Euromoney Magazine" should concentrate on Euro articles, they're in more trouble than we are.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Actually, I'm a Costello fan too and who cares about awards. Substance is more important.

AFA women on the front bench absolutely plain ridiculous to put gender into the equation you guys who notice this sort of stuff, have been listening to Germaine Greer too much. If a woman has the skills, then she gets the job it's as simple as that. In fact IMO, it's somewhat discriminatory to be raising the issue of gender. I'm sure women are welcome in the coalition parties but they have to earn their positions, just like the blokes.

Exactly my point.
And exactly my point.
Hence me saying that I couldn't care less if they're all men or all women, as long as they're competent and better than anyone else to do the job.
End of story.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

It's very easy to argue that gender doesn't matter when you are part of the gender that holds the power.

I don't care what your political affiliation, or whether you like whoever or don't like whoever.  I think it is horrifying that there is only one woman in the coalition that is considered good enough to be in cabinet.  'Knocking on the door'...... Absolute bullsh1t.

And yes, I do think it is important that there are more women in the Afganistan government than there is in ours.  The same as it is important to have Indiginous and Muslim and Jewish and every other minority represented in Parliament.

Rant over.

If all minority groups are represented in parliament we'd have a parliament full of people from minority groups.  :undecided:
Surely our elected representatives are there to represent all, not just a chosen (or unchosen) few.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Here's to you, Dave....  :P

Right back at yer, Rusty.  :P  :fum:
You and your cohorts don't seem to be able to handle the truth that the vast majority of Australian voters thought that Labor weren't fit to govern our nation.
So they booted them out with the worst polling result for Labor in the last 110 years.
Get over it.
They were crap. Most people knew they were crap. They're out of office because they were crap. We have a Liberal government now because Labor were crap.
THAT's the truth.  ;)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

WA loses its AAA credit rating as revenue declines and debt blows out

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-18/wa-loses-aaa-credit-rating/4965982

I saw that coming and said so.
I have been critical of the W.A. Liberals in the same way I was critical of the federal Labor.
I have posted this fact several times here before.
I predicted that W.A. would lose its AAA credit rating and I also predicted that Australia would lose its AAA credit rating if Labor had retained power.
And it would have, absolutely no doubt in my mind.
In fact it may be a struggle for the Libs to hang on to it given what has been allowed to happen over the past two terms, but I'm sure they'll be trying like hell.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

I have been critical of the W.A. Liberals in the same way I was critical of the federal Labor.
I predicted that W.A. would lose its AAA credit rating and I also predicted that Australia would lose its AAA credit rating if Labor had retained power.

All bow to Dave.... :snigger:  :rofl:

In fact it may be a struggle for the Libs to hang on to it given Hockey's lack of ability

*Fixed it for ya, mate...  :p

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

And yes, I do think it is important that there are more women in the Afghanistan government than there is in ours.  The same as it is important to have Indigenous and Muslim and Jewish and every other minority represented in Parliament.

Rant over.

Sorry, don't agree Kitty. What is this "power" males hold exactly. If the genders were reversed, I wouldn't care either way, as long as I think those elected representatives are doing what the majority of the Aussie public want, then so be it.

I'll go so far as to say that I liked Pauline, not necessarily for her policies, but that a ordinary woman could get elected and take a seat in the Senate and had the guts to say what she thought. She had many followers and it's the only time that I've ever seen both major political parties join forces to destroy her credibility, they obviously saw her as a real threat.

AFA representation of other minorities, in this valuable democracy in which we live, all minorities had the opportunity to field candidates in each electorate, some did. But you have to be able to demonstrate to and convince the majority of voters, that you are skilled enough to properly represent THEM, not because of your racial or religious heritage.

Australia needs a parliament of elected representatives willing to govern in the interests of the nation collectively. There is no place in government for individuals hell bent on pushing their own agendas IMO.

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Sorry kittikat, but I agree with Phil here.
The problem with "quotas" is that they open the door for people of lesser abilities to be put in a position where they can do real damage.
I've seen this happen in the work force over the years.

BTW, my wife, her sister and my daughter all agree with this - all are strong, independent and capable women, so it would seem there are two sides to the argument.

However, there is one area in which a male dominated decision process might have a detrimental effect and that is at the grass roots level, where they choose individual candidates for each seat. In that situation, I can well imagine a highly qualified and competent woman miss out to a less competent but "better connected" male.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

All bow to Dave.... :snigger:  :rofl:

In fact it may be a struggle for the Libs to hang on to it given Hockey's lack of ability

*Fixed it for ya, mate...  :p

I thought you didn't agree with people altering the posts of others?  :undecided:

You seem to have missed my point. Again.
What I was saying is that I DO criticise Liberal when it is called for IMO, not just Labor.
The Libs have stuffed up in WA and it was pretty obvious to most that we would end up losing our AAA credit rating.
(We don't need a $1b football stadium paid for by the tax payer. The AFL should pay for that if they can afford it and if not, don't have it).
In much the same way as it was pretty obvious to most that the nation would do the same under Labor's continued practices.
Which is one of the main reasons why they were booted out.
No amount of internet-sourced spin from the pro-Labor camp or from those who just don't understand or even live here can change that fact.
It's just that some won't see it.
Sorry, but the people have spoken. It's called a democracy. Labor weren't up to the job and got told in no uncertain terms.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I thought you didn't agree with people altering the posts of others?  :undecided:

I don't...but, I didn't alter YOUR post.....I "corrected" your quote in MY post....and then told you I'd done it.  :winker:

You seem to have missed my point. Again.
What I was saying is that I DO criticise Liberal when it is called for IMO, not just Labor.
The Libs have stuffed up in WA and it was pretty obvious to most that we would end up losing our AAA credit rating.
(We don't need a $1b football stadium paid for by the tax payer. The AFL should pay for that if they can afford it and if not, don't have it).
In much the same way as it was pretty obvious to most that the nation would do the same under Labor's continued practices.
Which is one of the main reasons why they were booted out.
No amount of internet-sourced spin from the pro-Labor camp or from those who just don't understand or even live here can change that fact.
It's just that some won't see it.
Sorry, but the people have spoken. It's called a democracy. Labor weren't up to the job and got told in no uncertain terms.

Haven't missed your point, Dave...just yanking your chain because you're so predicable in your support of the Libs and in your rubbishing of posts if they point out the failings of your "illustrious" leader and his band of merry men....and woman...  :lol:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

I don't...but, I didn't alter YOUR post.....I "corrected" your quote in MY post....and then told you I'd done it.  :winker:

Semantics. :disapp:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
This is another great tennis match, fellas.  Keep it up.  Highly amusing!!

:head_butt: :head_butt: :head_butt:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Semantics. :disapp:

Absolutely.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Haven't missed your point, Dave...just yanking your chain because you're so predicable in your support of the Libs and in your rubbishing of posts if they point out the failings of your "illustrious" leader and his band of merry men....and woman...  :lol:

And you're not?  :undecided:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Of course I am.... :P

Well, not for the Libs....  :lol:

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
And now, for something completely different. A fly in Tony's ointment.

http://brisbanetimes.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/palmer-threatens-to-block-government-bills-20130917-2txaq.html

I hope his new ship ends up being really authentic  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I haven't met Clive yet.  I have only met Mrs Palmer.   :whistler:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

What about her five daughters?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal