i30 Owners Club

"misinformation", generosity and perhaps a happy ever after for my i30

petrang · 23 · 5734

Offline petrang

• 2nd Gear
 :rolleyes:  I decided to keep to my original choice of vivid blue (and not accept someone else's cast off of silver  i30 ES even if it is sitting there ready for someone to take it off the dealer's hands!) thanks to all of you who offered me your pearls of wisdom.
So, having made up my mind, with all of your help, I phoned the dealer this morning.  He suggested I telephone Hyundai customer services to see if I could find out when my simple i30 vivid blue car is supposed to be ready, given that it was promised twice by phone (once during July and the other time in August) that the car would be with my dealers for me by the middle of this month, and yesterday we were told it still had not even been made.
I phoned Hyundai, they told me that my car was one of 42 July orders that were not built because of a missing component.  They have been told this by the factory in Korea and they will be given priority and they did not know when they would be made or delivered to the dealers.  So, I reminded Hyundai that their I30's are built in their Czech factory and explained that my order was for a standard i30 comfort model - so, I asked what was the missing component - they did not know.  But given that my car is a standard car - then the missing component would be for all i30's not for just 42 cars.   It did not make sense what they were now telling me.   Also, when they told me that these would now be treated with priority but did not know when work on them would begin - It just seemed to me that they were using the word "priority" to pacify me without doing anything about it.  So, I asked them if they would know any more tomorrow - and I was told no.  I asked if they would keep me informed and was told yes they would phone me in a couple of weeks time when they would be likely to know more.  Not good enough.  I have left it that I will phone their customer services again tomorrow - and I'm going to continue to phone them every day until I get more actual and truthful information.   I felt really sorry for the customer services guy at Hyundai, and I told him so because he was only repeating to me the lies he was told to say.  If they were only straight from the beginning.  I also asked him how long it takes to make a car to give me a better idea of timescales, and he told me he did not know that either.  So, I've got nowhere and I've been lied to and fobbed off.  I'm unhappy and my scrappage car is not too happy either.  She is making unfriendly noises when I start her up and her windscreen wipers stopped working.  Oh things are not good.  never mind.. Has anybody else been told there's is one of the 42 cars that should have been built in July but wasn't because of a missing component?  petrang

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

• ex-Heidi..North Devon.UK
boy is that missing part really missing if they don't know what it is, (sorry boss its gone, ""whats gone ", don't know  just gone), man that's bad, however I'm glad you picked blue, it really is a very nice colour in the sun.. Have u contacted Hyundai them self's and told them  what you are going thou, ..have you visited/ phoned another dealer to see what they say on waiting list/ missing parts, etc... Try go get as much goodies as compo,or (silly as at may seem) pretend to ask for your money back, let them sweat, may be they will then try Little hard for you, if they do give money back ,give them another chance to redeem themselves as they don't want to lose a sale

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
What's missing - Common sense and a failing on the part of Hy to understand their potential cutomers, I think.

If an important part was missing then surely they would know what it is?
Is it a wheel, an engine or even the whole car?

or has your car gone elsewhere?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Perhaps the missing part is the CAT1 alarm upgrade or (more likely) the front parking sensors. I guess there might be only 42 cars with front parking sensors ordered, but It sounds like they are fobbing you off.

I'm not being given any specific reason but I think my car will be later than originally indicated too, as it would need to be leaving Nošovice now, when it's not. I guess overall there are issue of:

• Huge demand
  • Some production spec changes (maybe not for petrol)
  • Shift changeover issues

None of which should be an exscuse for not being given accurate estimates and proper information of course.

The problem you have telephoning them is they can say what you like and nothing is in writing. I urge you to email them instead. I have found they reply quickly (within 24 hours) by email. That way you will have a record of what they say.

To send them an email (and get email reply) enter your question here:

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/contact/

And make sure you select "type enquiry=customer service" and "prefered method of contact=email".

Give it a day or two. If that doesn't work I can give you an email address of someone who works in customer support, but it would be better to raise it this way in the first instance.

The other thing I would say is chasing the delivery is really the job of the dealer., keep the pressure on them too.

Keep us posted!

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well you've already paid for the i30, with upgraded alarm & parking sensors so you're in a very very strong position, particularly with regards your trade-in. If the scrappage vehicle goes south before you can hand it over (through no fault of yours) then I guess you'll be without transport.

Me? I would write to the UK chief who in the past has got things done quickly. I can give you his email & land address if you like. My mate Tony will get to the bottom of this if you want him to
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
This sounds very strange...

The delivery time for most of the i30 models in Sweden is about 1-2 weeks...
But the delivery time for a special setup ordered car is 150 days... Marked with a * in the link below.

A link to the i30 pages at Swedish Hyundai:
http://www.hyundai.se/viking/servlet/VSP?id=hyundai&page=pcar05_i30intro.vsp

• I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

This sounds very strange...

The delivery time for most of the i30 models in Sweden is about 1-2 weeks...
But the delivery time for a special setup ordered car is 150 days... Marked with a * in the link below.

A link to the i30 pages at Swedish Hyundai:
http://www.hyundai.se/viking/servlet/VSP?id=hyundai&page=pcar05_i30intro.vsp

I guess there is no scrappage scheme in Sweden? Unless you make do with something on a dealer's floor (and there aren't many of these in my experience) then I think you are looking at a couple of months for delivery of most models in the UK, maybe longer. I'm up to 5 weeks so far, expecting 8-12.

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera
I guess there is no scrappage scheme in Sweden? Unless you make do with something on a dealer's floor (and there aren't many of these in my experience) then I think you are looking at a couple of months for delivery of most models in the UK, maybe longer. I'm up to 5 weeks so far, expecting 8-12.

No we don't have a scrappage scheme here in Sweden...
I wish we had...
  • I30 CW 2.0 CRDi

Offline petrang

• 2nd Gear
Hi lovely guys - it is so great to think I'm not alone.  I emailed Hyundai customer services last night and wrote that I prefer email reply - no reply as yet from H - except from all of you.  So, thank you all.  Petrang.

Offline petrang

• 2nd Gear
Hi again, thank you for your support.  I phoned customer services earlier this morning and the cust. services guy who I spoke with yesterday was on another call - and he is going to be phoning me back once he gets off the phone.  Must be a long call - that was over an hour and a half ago.  Please let me have the Big Chief's contact details - your mate tony - for real?  Anyway, appreciate your interest and support.  Best  wishes - Petrang. :'(

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my wife's cw was a 3 plus month wait,in her purchase contract it had a delivery date. it hadn't arrived by that date so she told them for every week it was late she would take $1000 off the purchase price.she said our solicitor said we could do that as the contract regarding delivery had been breached and that was their late penalty.[there was no solicitor.] but it did make them deliver her car, only 4 days late. :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
...  Please let me have the Big Chief's contact details - your mate tony - for real?...

No not a "mate" as such, but he fair shook up their Customer Services when I'd written to him :D

Details are in a PM.

Good luck.

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

Best of luck, KEEP on at them, have you tried other dealers for info, keep us posted, (wanting a 1,ooo off every week its late, from soli, is a bloody good idea.. do try it)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

...  Please let me have the Big Chief's contact details - your mate tony - for real?...

No not a "mate" as such, but he fair shook up their Customer Services when I'd written to him :D

Details are in a PM.

Good luck.

I second above. 
When I emailed Tony it got sorted ASAP after being fobbed off (no pun intened).

ps just to explain - my email was about being supplied with a second key fob FOC and not at £200.

Offline petrang

• 2nd Gear
Hi again, sorry for the saga: today's next instalment - here goes: I received a call back from hyundai customer services about lunchtime - the guy told me he had found out what the missing component was.  he told me that I had ordered a smart nav to be installed and the factory were waiting for it and so that was why my car had not been made yet.  I was a bit surprised and I told him that once again he had got it wrong.  I had definitely not ordered a smart nav and would never have done so as I already have a sat nav.  He started to argue with me and maintained that I most definitely had ordered it and I reminded him that I had told him yesterday that I had ordered a standard i30 1.4 comfort model.  All the extras I had ordered were to be fitted by my dealer - e.g upgraded alarm, sensors, mud flaps, car mats and door sill protectors.  he said he would check again and get back to me - he did not sound very convinced by me.  I phoned my dealer, the sales guy was not yet in - this was by now approx 2pm.

Anyway, when the Hyundai guy phoned me back he apologised and said that the Czech factory had decided to install smart navs into 100 i30's on a complimentary basis and I must have been chosen as one of them.  But before they had installed all 100 of them they had run out of 42 of them.  So, rather than just make the cars as ordered for the customers,they had decided to hang on to the 42 orders until the smart navs came into their factory - bizarre but a generous offer and idea from the Czechs.

So, the Hyundai guy then said he could get me my bulk standard car (without exgratia smartnav) to the dealers within 2 weeks and offered me my first year's service free.  So, I phoned my dealer spoke with the sales guy who by now was there and explained it all to him and I am worn out from it all.  But, I must thank all of you fab people for your suggestions, your help and your advice.  I now also have an address for "The Tony"from kind "Shambles" and I will write to him to tell him what has happened.  I will keep you updated and when I eventually do get my lovely vivid blue i30 she will be even more special because of all the trouble so far.  Thank you, I think this is going to be an happy ever after - hope so - Petrang. :)

Offline hipposniper

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Devon

good news, 2 weeks, believe me we was all praying for you petrang,  glad its almost over.Hippo

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Fingers crossed mate :D

...  I now also have an address for "The Tony" ... and I will write to him to tell him what has happened.

I'd keep that as an "ace card" to be played later mate, should the need arise  :exclaim:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

the Czech factory had decided to install smart navs into 100 i30's on a complimentary basis and I must have been chosen as one of them.  But before they had installed all 100 of them they had run out of 42 of them.  So, rather than just make the cars as ordered for the customers,they had decided to hang on to the 42 orders until the smart navs came into their factory - bizarre but a generous offer and idea from the Czechs.

Very Bizarre. Hope your luck improves now  :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

smart navs
offered me my first year's service free. 

1st service c £150.00

smart sav est £ 400.00

Ask for more!

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
I guess you like the blue that much, who could blame you, it looks great.. I would have gone with the silver one, especially if I've paid it already and it has more equipment and costs the same. I don't trust them..and if they say a month, I'm not sure if it will really be 1 month or 2 or 4. There had been some cases in Slo that people have ordered a Santa Fe for example, should get it till the end of June, and got it in the end of August...

But you should do what you believe is best.. The worst thing would be, that you buy the silver one, see the blue one passing you and you think..that blue sure is lovely..

Hope you really get it in 2 weeks and when you do, post some pics as soon as possible  :wink:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

So, the Hyundai guy then said he could get me my bulk standard car (without exgratia smartnav) to the dealers within 2 weeks and offered me my first year's service free. 

So I wonder if it arrived....

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
So, the Hyundai guy then said he could get me my bulk standard car (without exgratia smartnav) to the dealers within 2 weeks and offered me my first year's service free. 

So I wonder if it arrived....

Yeah..hope it did.. It's about time?  8)

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
he might be driving into the sunset with one of these :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal