i30 Owners Club

Current Economy

Doggie 1 · 41 · 10326

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I fuelled up with diesel near Mandurah this morning then drove to Perth at 110 km/h, then 100 km/h on the freeway, then stop start to the office in 60 km/h area and by the time I got there (about 90 kms travelled) my fuel economy readout was sitting on 3.8 l/100 km  :D

• Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
That's better than a smack in the head, with the rear end of a fish.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Rice 1, Doggie! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline constipated

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
That is superb! Presumably much better than FD can achieve because of the different gearing in the GD.
  • MY11 - SLX CRDi 6 speed manual

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I used to get high fives, low sixes in my FD, but in all fairness, my driving has changed since then. I'm now doing more highway work which suits the diesel.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Well Done Dave, your now the king of tight numbers what distance do you get before you re fill like b4 & now?
that dog still not happy. hope she is doing well?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Tighter than Dazz, even  :exclaim: :faint:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Tighter than Dazz, even  :exclaim: :faint:

Yeah! Wish I could get that in my car! (next car maybe)  :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

I fill up at between 1030 & 1050 generally.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
The reading (3.8L/100K) to me is mission impossible.  :(

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I fill up at between 1030 & 1050 generally.

Dave with 3.8L/100K i would have expected 1,100k+ ? when i got i think 4.4J/100K from a brimmed tank i went 1,300k on that tank full.
Bob Ouri30 went further than i. so puzzling you fill so early like for instance 3.8L/100k is less than 4L /100k but say 4L in 100k = 20L used in 500 k so only less than 40L used in 1,000k i normally get 57L to a brimmed tank with still fuel in tank, you showed once with your FD you go 60L in the tank so say i was getting a genuine 3.8L/100K i would expect at least 1,400k from a brimmed tank.
was this a flash in the pan so to speak? & not a genuine 3.8L/100k average of the tank full?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The reading (3.8L/100K) to me is mission impossible.  :(

Al , no so, find a hill , when you are at the summit , turn your L/100K off drive down the hill you will see lower much lower read out than 3.8L/100k but that's why i still think the distance you travel on a brimmed tank more impressive to me personally. no one with a GD has yet posted they have beat the 1,400k for one tank yet. so the FD's of Bob & Thumper still king of the forum. so far, maybe we need a group economy run were we all drive same road.
with a prize?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The Korean GD's that come to Australia have a smaller tank than the FD, John....  :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The Korean GD's that come to Australia have a smaller tank than the FD, John....  :)

Around 3 litres less isn't it.. = maybe 50 or 60 kms in range if fuel usage is the same.....

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
3L difference does not sound like much in average car, but when you are averaging 3.8L/100Kit's close to 80K distance i'd expect

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
53 litres is what's written in my book, what are the FD's?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yours was built in Europe and i assume has independent rear suspension.. The Korean Build GD has live rear axle and 50 litre tank.. (that is my understanding anyway)  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Yours was built in Europe and i assume has independent rear suspension.. The Korean Build GD has live rear axle and 50 litre tank.. (that is my understanding anyway)  :cool:
Ah ok, yes mine is made in Czechoslovakia with IRS.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:happydance: :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Craig , my FD has in hand book 52L tank , the 57L brimmed is full to very top of filler kneck i went 1,300k on one tank.
I'm puzzled why you all think just because a car was put to gether in a different country it will be different? thought they used same moulds ?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
The GD has torsion bar suspension and a smaller tank as a result. The Euro GD's are independent rear suspension, so larger tank.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Craig , my FD has in hand book 52L tank , the 57L brimmed is full to very top of filler kneck i went 1,300k on one tank.
I'm puzzled why you all think just because a car was put to gether in a different country it will be different? thought they used same moulds ?
They got a series 2 facelift on FD in Europe John with mods at front and back we didn't get in Oz. Now with the GD subtle differences like different rear suspension, DRLs etc.. but so far I think body panels the same worldwide for the GD... 

Offline Tourer_Guy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, Australia
I'm quite impressed hearing about people getting 53+ litres into their i30s.  I fill up when I get to the last bar of the electronic fuel gauge and never seem to get more than about 44 litres in, despite patiently topping it off.
  • GD i30 Active Tourer CRDi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
If you do a fuel calculation, you should get a good estimate of your total available distance, take off 100k's and fill her up and see what you can fit in. There is a fuel pump light as the tank empties, are you observing this at all  :question:

Offline Tourer_Guy

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra, Australia
I might try that...

No, I am not seeing the low fuel light.  Given the car is still fairly new to me I didn't want to run out and get stuck, so I thought I'd just try running it lower and lower to see what happens.

Roughly how much fuel remains when the fuel light comes on, do you know?
  • GD i30 Active Tourer CRDi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Sorry, I can't advise that. Ours is the FD model and may be different. As a matter of interest, I filled up when the light came on immediately and put 54 litres into the tank, so not much I suspect.  :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'm quite impressed hearing about people getting 53+ litres into their i30s.  I fill up when I get to the last bar of the electronic fuel gauge and never seem to get more than about 44 litres in, despite patiently topping it off.
I always wait until that last bar starts to flash then when filling up I'm squeezing in 48ltrs so there is still 5ltrs sitting in reserve at my lowest point.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

No problem getting 60 + litres in my old FD, no way in the GD.
I'd have to check my book, but I think 54 is about the most I've ever got into it.
I don't know how much is left when I fill up though so maybe I would get a lot more kms if I kept driving but I don't want to risk running out.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
No problem getting 60 + litres in my old FD, no way in the GD.
I'd have to check my book, but I think 54 is about the most I've ever got into it.
I don't know how much is left when I fill up though so maybe I would get a lot more kms if I kept driving but I don't want to risk running out.

Can understand how you feel Dave,
i suspect Hy set the fuel warning to come on early ( most manufacturers do ) when i had my first CRDi 08 model. my Friend & i where going from the south coast to Dubbo, i was trying to find this short cut from near Golburn to Oberon i used my GPS & true to form the darn thing put me onto a dirt track almost got us lost. fuel light came on in middle of no where. my first i30 did not have trip pc it was the poverty pack sx . so i again tried the GPS find a servo, it took me too a closed servo middle of no where so was starting to worry but took over my own navigation . & drove very slow & careful . got to Golburn was 100k since fuel light came on got 58L to brim.
my two i30 CRDi's have never let me down yet bless there little motors.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal