i30 Owners Club

before my warranty expires...

Offline captaintweed

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Hi there

I've recently bought a 2nd hand i30 and love it. It's 5 year warranty expires this september and I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to how I can take advantage of the remaining warranty time? As in, what should I look for on the car that i could potentially get repaired/replaced under warranty?

Thanks for reading

• i30 CRDi Diesel

Offline diablo

• 5th Gear

• england England
      Blackpool

• Fylde Coast England 1.4 petrol Comfort
Has it been serviced by the Hyundai agents during its lifetime? There are various items which Hyundai recommend be carried out as preventatives, such as door cables and power steering components.  Those will be done regardless of guarantee but won't have been done if serviced independently.

So probably worth taking it in for a service sometime.

Anything else will be repaired under warranty if it has gone wrong, provided it is covered.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
My door cable was replaced AFTER the warranty ran out...  along with a couple of other items.   :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline captaintweed

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Thanks gents. So do you reckon if i take her in for a service they should sort out preventative stuff as you've mentioned under warranty? what about wear and tear? By way of example my wingmirror electronics seem to have died as have the parking sensors. would something like that be likely to be done under warranty?

Thanks
  • i30 CRDi Diesel

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
The items you've listed are guaranteed for 5 years, so definitely get them on the case.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
In the 5 years I had dozens of (regular) faults fixed before the warranty expired.

Not had one problem since  :D

BTW. Parked beside another '59 plate i30, at Newmarket Races last week, passengers door cable had broken, owner was unaware that it could cost £300 to fix (advised him to join this Club & see the repair advice).
Not sure if he joined yet (he only stayed for one race AND backed the winner).

So get any faults investigated & fixed asap.

Offline captaintweed

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Thanks for clarifying. I'll get on it and see what i can get done :)
  • i30 CRDi Diesel

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Main thing for you to do is check everything and make a list of anything that is not working as it should. Provide the dealer with a copy of the list and then check after the service but before you pay, that all items have been corrected.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline captaintweed

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Surrey
Main thing for you to do is check everything and make a list of anything that is not working as it should. Provide the dealer with a copy of the list and then check after the service but before you pay, that all items have been corrected.

Exactly what I had in mind Phil. Good shout
  • i30 CRDi Diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Captain,

Some good advice there, but don't encourage them to fiddle too much! Sometimes looking for problems or fiddling with stuff can start a chain reaction with issues.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
As above good advice.

Apart from that...  the main thing is knowing your warranty is still in effect - as per :link: Car servicing (the Hyundai has verified it is and/or you brought it from a Hyundai dealer with the remainder of 'new car' warranty being part of it) or the service log book shows the mandatory services were carried out by authorised agents.

But yup try and get what you can sorted, some things they won't cover... such as door seals apparently (where they have got rubbed by people getting in and out according to them), some roof trim the peels eventually... seems to be black plastic/rubber tape/molding that goes over metal strips... the part over the metal can perish/crack and isn't covered it seems.

• 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal